Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 168615 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1830 on: October 30, 2019, 05:32:53 am »

News to me, can't say I've seen many out here that advertise it. But Norwegian beers will often use little 1-6 ratings for bitterness, sweetness, and body; so I guess we already have a system. And, just... Don't care about what the international stuff does? I dunno.

They do like having things tell you how many "standard drinks" each craft beer is worth... Which in the case of the 16% ABV "Times 8" from Lervig, is quite a fucking few.

Also it's sweet as hell. Like drinking semi-carbonated syrup. Beerup. I personally don't consider that an endorsement.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: October 30, 2019, 05:37:57 am »

That'd be kinda helpful for avoiding gross fruity beers, but when it comes right down to it you generally just have to taste the bloody thing and see if it's any good. Also I could not make heads nor tails of any of the IBU charts that a quick google turned up.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 30, 2019, 05:58:54 am »

That'd be kinda helpful for avoiding gross fruity beers, but when it comes right down to it you generally just have to taste the bloody thing and see if it's any good.

Especially since, between 1 and 6, most examples will rate themselves as a firm "lol fuck if I know".

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 30, 2019, 06:08:03 pm »

I regret to inform you that I have run out of La Fin Du Monde. However, I have other beer, so it is not the end of the world.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 01, 2019, 01:52:07 am »

Went to a costume party at a bar. Had three shots of Fireball, partied with my wife, an alien, a T-Rex and Mother Nature, won $25 and some shot glasses for funniest costume. I'd like to give thanks to Mr. Fireball Whiskey for turning a $50 night into merely a $25 night and some nice memories.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 01, 2019, 04:03:46 am »

I had a horrifying concoction of Fireball and ginger ale last night, with the rim powdered in cinnamon. Limping christ that was saccharine...

But hey, the bartender was bored, so I asked him if there was anything fun and weird that he wanted to make but that nobody asks for. I'm guessing he wasn't as bored after my reaction!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 17, 2019, 06:06:44 pm »

Double post, as is only fitting for a Christmas miracle... Had a few spiced Christmas beers tonight, thought not entirely too many on account of my account being not entirely too full. Tomorrow's (hopefully) the day I get money, so I had to be a teensy bit careful with the ol' "drinking" concept this time... I still tip though, I'm not a barbarian. Lots of nice people there tonight, which is always nice.

Lessee here... $0.30 left in the checking account. Yeup.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 18, 2019, 12:50:17 pm »

Wow, that is tight
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: November 18, 2019, 12:58:49 pm »

Tonight, if my stomach is willing to put up with it, I get to try my homemade mint schnapps* in a chocolate frosty. I was going to do it earlier, but the schnapps was too vodka-heavy and not enough mint. Unlike fruit-based vodka infusions, it's quick and you don't end up with gasoline-flavored fruit that you try to use on pancakes or something.

*good rye vodka and candy canes, add enough candy cane that it stops tasting like vodka or toothpaste (toothpaste means you're close)

Lessee here... $0.30 left in the checking account. Yeup.

Dang.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 18, 2019, 04:54:25 pm »

Wow, that is tight
It's not so bad, I've got a fair amount in savings (which is good, because today was not payment day after all! It's expected to come tomorrow...), and I've been good about not drawing from savings this year so I've still got a few no-fee withdrawals before January... But yeah.

Funny thing, when all your friends are bartenders and beers cost $12 a pop, dole money has a tendency to run out.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: November 18, 2019, 08:49:28 pm »

Made some horrid pumpkin pie mead a while back. Entirely too much clove and not near enough of anything else so all you taste is clove.

Now that it's time for eggnog to hit the shelves and I find myself currently lacking in the whiskey department, it makes for a pretty good substitution.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 18, 2019, 11:07:33 pm »

My wife got a coupon for an online wine shop, so now we have nine bottles of assorted wines and champagnes chilling in my minifridge. It's gonna be a fun Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 19, 2019, 05:59:47 pm »

Tonight, if my stomach is willing to put up with it, I get to try my homemade mint schnapps* in a chocolate frosty. I was going to do it earlier, but the schnapps was too vodka-heavy and not enough mint. Unlike fruit-based vodka infusions, it's quick and you don't end up with gasoline-flavored fruit that you try to use on pancakes or something.

*good rye vodka and candy canes, add enough candy cane that it stops tasting like vodka or toothpaste (toothpaste means you're close)

The vodka didn't have enough mint, so I powdered part of a small candy cane and added that to the Frosty. So 1 small frosty, some cocoa powder, we'll call it 2 shots of homemade schnapps, and a bit of powdered candy cane. Could have been more flavorful (more of both flavors), but it was cold, which reduces flavors. Also, cold is good this winter where it's...down to 75 F and humid.

I would rank "cold hot chocolate" ahead of "frosty and brandy", but not by much.

Edit: the somewhat fruity rum and chocolate doesn't taste like much, either. I'm not sure I put enough booze in. Or cocoa powder.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 06:09:45 pm by Iduno »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 21, 2019, 01:21:53 am »

I just drank a single, measly beer, but it feels more as though I received a blood transfusion. I've gone from feeling half-dead and unappreciative even of this lovely weather, to... well, I'm certainly feeling more cheerful.
Oh, Victoria (Bitter), you're always there for me.

I was gonna put this in the Happy thread but I figured it'd fit better here. Somebody'd probably think I had a drinking problem or something. Pffft, those normies. They would never understand.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 23, 2019, 12:13:55 am »

Space is long and dark and empty
Quite a ways 'tween friend and friend
And you never know nobody
When your journey's at an end
So the place you gonna find me
'Tween the times I have to roam
Is in the bar around the corner
Where they make you feel at home

Belly up to the bar friend
Have another round
It's long cold and lonely
'Tween the times we hit the ground
One day I'm gonna settle down
Never more to roam
But for now the bar's a spacer's home
So far away from home
Belly up to the bar, friend, have another round.
It's long dark and lonely tween the times we hit the ground.
Someday I'm gonna settle down, never more to roam...
(ha) the rooms of spacers are so far away from home <3
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 141