Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 169931 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #2055 on: August 25, 2020, 01:14:32 am »

It's not bad, in fact it's laudable (heh) that you're keeping up an athletic workout.

The loneliness is hitting a lot of us, I think.  Sipping bottom-shelf red wine has been helping, particularly since it tastes so damn offensive that it takes a conscious struggle to get drunk on it.  Freakin' tannins.  I know from experience that powering through this goon is a bad idea, tastes *real* bad the next morning.

I think the isolation hit me real hard recently, and such controlled amounts of alcohol are helping me interact with my family a bit.  It's mostly nice and seems to satisfy some craving, and the alcohol helps with the static hiss of complicated thoughts that come after.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: August 25, 2020, 09:25:55 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:43:28 am by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: August 28, 2020, 02:30:48 am »

I came in here to say, "today is a good day... to drink" but now it occurs to me that that is rather too similar to the opening line of my last Drunk Thread post. Alas. It is, though. Earlier I started the day swigging on that same 1L bottle of Jim Beam that is still kickin' 'round my room, and just before I popped down the road for a cheap six-pack of Tooheys, of all things.   
What can I say, I felt like a change - plus it recently occurred to me that the only reason I've always tended to avoid Tooheys is 'cause it's one of my dad's favoured drops. Seems like most men live in mortal fear of becoming their father, but if I'm honest I could probably use a bit more in common with mine. Not too much mind, but some.   

Cascade can heck off back to Tassie, though.   

Combined with loud music and warm weather, yeah it's been an alright buzzed kind of day. I guess.   

It's not bad, in fact it's laudable (heh) that you're keeping up an athletic workout.
I am struggling to work out what subtle pun you chuckled over here. Laudable? Like... laudanum? Lawd I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of that haha   

But yeah, I've been trying to keep up the exercise. Today I feel more lethargic than energised even with music and booze, though, unfortunately. Perhaps I should chuck on Watchtower next... I'm not sure why, but despite being a doom band they seem to get me rather pumped. Maybe I'm just too wrecked in general to summon up the urge to self-flagellate through exercise. I dunno.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2058 on: August 28, 2020, 02:09:09 pm »

Me and my friends ate at an Italian's restaurant after watching Tenet and inevitably, one of us has to go dry because designated driver. I go for a espresso martini and our good man the desig goes for a virgin espresso martini, which results in the entire post-covid restaurant roasting the poor man for ordering the most convoluted espresso possible

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: August 28, 2020, 08:49:30 pm »

> Long day of physical labor with my fam
> Brother is offering actual leftist ideas, I play it cool rather than squeeing
> (also go full squee as he makes a point of using my pronouns with our clan and with our mom)
...  Go home have some gin (drink of the people)
> Finish a video about the Tacoma Narrows bridge
> Atheist Community of Austin is streaming
> Scott Crow
holy shit ahaha yesssss

leftism intensifies
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2060 on: August 29, 2020, 01:40:35 pm »

bro... what if... people... >... money...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: August 29, 2020, 02:45:30 pm »

Ha yeah basically.  I think in the stream chat I was mentioning praxis like every other sentence, which is probably bad praxis.
damn it was fun though

And what's really cool is how little I had!  Behold the value of temperance I suppose, alcohol goes a lot further when it's a special occasion rather than a daily habit.  Probably helped that I was seriously sleep deprived, and WOW did I finally catch up.  Feels real good.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: September 04, 2020, 12:17:09 am »

I just opened a beer with an old Asmol inhaler. #winning #lifehacks #itainteasybeingwheezy   

In other news, my day has been unbearably, existentially shit so far and I am now attempting to put myself right with beer, whiskey and Electric Wizard. Return Trip is so damn cathartic. I cannot understand anyone who calls EW overrated. They may not have invented the genre, but they nursed it past its infancy into the doom we love today.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: September 04, 2020, 02:10:02 am »

I was judging this Singaporean "Tiger" beer even as I bought it, thinking it was a rip-off or anglicisation of the Thai beer, but according to my googling the classic Singha brand is actually named after lions.   

What was the other big brand I heard of when I went there? I think it was named after an elephant or some such? Curious.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 01, 2020, 10:59:40 pm »

I often struggle with an ennui.  A feeling that there is nothing in this world worth seeing, that none of this world really mattered and it will not be missed.

But when I drink a little, that reverses so pleasantly.  I see all the marvels of human creation from fresh eyes, and conclude that it has far more value than anyone could properly appreciate.

Tragically, the same substance that helps my mind appreciate things... makes it problematic to go out and experience them.  Hooray for the World Wide Web, I suppose.  Though the very rare times I wasn't DD were... lovely.  Memorable, unlike the times I drank to forget, by myself.
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2065 on: October 02, 2020, 03:13:52 pm »

For me it's the opposite. I'm a jaded optimist until I drink, at which point I'm a gregarious brian blessed, then I drink more and become a jaded void, then I drink more and become an old fisherman spinning tails of the cruel sea

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 02, 2020, 06:28:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:43:33 am by dragdeler »
let

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: October 02, 2020, 08:35:30 pm »

For me it's the opposite. I'm a jaded optimist until I drink, at which point I'm a gregarious brian blessed, then I drink more and become a jaded void, then I drink more and become an old fisherman spinning tails of the cruel sea
If I drink enough, I turn into 50% Jack Sparrow and 50% Jack Harkness.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 02, 2020, 08:52:04 pm »

It would be irresponsible of me to admit how appealing that combination sounds, despite or perhaps because of its total discordance.

In a fuck/marry/kill, I would (supposedly attempt to) kill Sparrow and marry Harkness.  I'll leave the rest of the scenario to the imagination.

Edit:  I kinda need a boyfriend, huh?  Jeez...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 08:58:08 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 02, 2020, 09:51:34 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:43:38 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 141