Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 169727 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #2085 on: December 05, 2020, 05:37:45 am »

For age-in-bottle beers you're generally going to want the high sugar content, with sediment (yeast). So, unfiltered.

There's of course a difference between age-in-bottle and age-in-barrel beers. Age-in-barrel just works like most spirits in that it soaks up flavors from the wood barrel it's stored in, and therefore doesn't *necessarily* need live yeast in the mix. Glass doesn't have much flavor (or permeability) to it, but with yeast and sugar in the bottle it'll continue to eat the sugars and convert to alcohol while changing the flavor

Here's a short piece covering some broad strokes of double fermentation (and why some will get better while others will get worse):
https://www.keystonehomebrew.com/secondary-fermentation-pros-cons/

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: December 05, 2020, 01:04:22 pm »

For age-in-bottle beers you're generally going to want the high sugar content, with sediment (yeast). So, unfiltered.

There's of course a difference between age-in-bottle and age-in-barrel beers. Age-in-barrel just works like most spirits in that it soaks up flavors from the wood barrel it's stored in, and therefore doesn't *necessarily* need live yeast in the mix. Glass doesn't have much flavor (or permeability) to it, but with yeast and sugar in the bottle it'll continue to eat the sugars and convert to alcohol while changing the flavor

Sounds like a recipe for bottle bombs :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2087 on: December 08, 2020, 08:29:00 pm »

Sounds like a recipe for bottle bombs :P
AKA leaving it in a freezer

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 11, 2020, 11:44:26 pm »

Aging beer works in Stardew Valley, so!
Except it doesn't really work.  It's unprofitable.  The result is worth more, somehow, but it's not worth the keg time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 21, 2020, 07:01:15 am »

Drinking beer and listening to some damn funny punk rock is a perfect way to unwind after a long day's work. It's wonderful to hear someone else so perfectly say what you've been thinking all day.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 29, 2020, 02:01:19 pm »

My id is so fricking weird.  What kind of person, stripped of all inhibitions, desperately wants to listen to other people's music and write awful "poetry"?

And how does it keep getting out of the recliner with it fully reclined?  And stripping exactly one earmuff off the headphones?

Well, it could certainly be worse.  Like that time a harasser dm'd us (hahaaa, accidental pun).  The things we said... and I *remember* that, that was from both of us.  It was gross to let go like that, but it felt so good.  Scary, but good.

I'm still wondering why it feels so lonely, and what that says about me.  I try to maintain relationships, but it's so exhausting sometimes.  Most of the time.  And yet apparently, when I stop worrying, my heart's desire is to interact with other people.

The main thing I tell it not to do :(  But some people are alright, they love sharing music enough to... tolerate our "poetic" way of talking :'(
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2091 on: December 29, 2020, 04:51:47 pm »

I think we're all more suited for maintaining relationships in a small geographic locality rather than the far greater demands imposed by GLOBALISED NETWORK MAINTENANCE

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 30, 2020, 05:29:24 am »

Just take pride in sucking at maintaining your extended network, and you're good to go!

The best way to grow something is to prune it often, after all. Cull those dead contacts! Cousins, old school friends, work colleagues from a previous job, your parents. There's really no point in keeping a dead relationship on life support.

We're just a bunch of monkeys in shoes, hard-wired to support our tribe of one or two dozen individuals and hate everything not part of that. No need to get upset over following your natural instincts.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 22, 2021, 03:03:54 am »

It takes a lot of alcohol to put me out of sorts. I am really, really drunk, an I don't care for once. I'm having overflowing feelings about my daughters and my girlfriend. I love them so much. I just wish I could be there for my youngest. Normally, I'm kind of afraid of being a drunk, but you know what? I'm not afraid right now. I'm enjoying the freedom. I miss the freedom. The freedom of touring, the freedom of no responsibilities. I;m a selfish, irresponsible idiot at heart, and I miss the days when nobody counted on me. I love my girls. I love my girlfriend. I love my life. I just wish that nobody cared about me, so I could go off on stupid adventures again.

Thank fuck for spellcheck, otherwise this post would be straight up nonsense.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2094 on: January 22, 2021, 06:42:03 am »

That's what happens when a man becomes a King

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 26, 2021, 12:32:29 pm »

The last thing I remember is looking at the gin remaining and thinking "I'm not sure this is enough to get to the fun zone".

Then waking up in bed to a phone call from someone I was dreaming about talking to (that was confusing).  I do remember sharing some music on Discord (Nightwish and that slavic tree-spinning song, I am a land of contrasts) but I absolutely don't remember consoling my ex again.  They were fired last week and *I* am not taking it well, much less them.

I, to the extent that was me, did my best I guess.  I started breaking down into colorful metaphors, as I do, and also I was still naively in love with them.  It was kinda sweet, but it became less helpful as the night went on.  On balance I think it was good, though.  They're terrified of having nobody, and they don't have me, but they can talk to drunk-me.
(also yes they are NB, and I'm referring to the ex from years ago)
She/they

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 20, 2021, 02:45:06 am »

This is a huge Necro, fair warning, but as this is the traditional stomping ground for drunkposting I went through with such a henious action.

It seems to me that covid's aftermath eliminated a lot of people's drinking around here. Idk about everyone else, but reintegrating with society has really kick-started that shit back up. I've gone from a very solitary job (pool servicing & repair) to going back into the food industry, and since I've made that change I've definitely started drinking more 😅.  Tonight is everclear and cran-fruit punch, a dangerous drink for a dangerously angled brain mood. Hows's everybody else feeling? Are we bettering ourselves by distancing from old habits, or feeling self conscious about talking about drinking mostly alone with internet strangers? Or perhaps cross posting out of a lack of desire to Necro this thread-with-a-colored past? Drinking without talking about it even, or new folks engaging in alternate modes of brain chemistry alteration without realizing this used to be the central thread for all such acts no less.

(At the risk of rambling, I necrod this thread perhaps out of nostalgia for the many many times I came here during those peer-pressured bar trips in college. Talking to folks like rolan, yoink, mephisto, mz et.al. gave me some entertainment in between those bat shit incidents that are so typical of barhopping. One of which involved me posting on this thread ca. 2018 not five minutes before a bar fight ensued from a coked out frat boy shoving me and calling me a ""fat fucking faggot,"" followed by my friends beating the dog shit out of said coked out frat boys friends while I desperately tried to de escalate.)

In conclusion, those who used to post here regularly, how is your drinking habit looking? Everyone interested, what are some fun bar stories you have, currently happening or otherwise?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 20, 2021, 02:59:19 am »

Keep in mind that Covid has been going on for over a year...

My drinking habit actually cut off largely about a year ago.  And it's been relatively active again recently...
Covid really changed things.

Like, for the past three months I haven't been able to sleep right and I just don't know why.  I don't trust myself with any of my friends.  I shouldn't trust myself to post here.
But I just want to scream.
I have nothing to say, I only want to scream.
And it's almost 4AM.
She/they

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 20, 2021, 04:20:29 am »

Mood

Sorry to hear it. Know that I, however many fuckin miles away, empathize and hope for the best for you ☺️

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
let
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141