Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170054 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #630 on: April 30, 2017, 07:19:29 am »

You did not do that girl any favors there. Plus the beer ain't that bad, compared with the low end of my local spectrum...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 30, 2017, 02:27:44 pm »

Your expression really makes the costume, haha!

Your friend looks like one of those horror game creatures with the freaky faces.  Are you sure she isn't in an amazing Silent Hill costume?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 03, 2017, 01:32:46 am »

The rum I mentioned in my last post was purchased on Saturday. It came in an ordinary 750mL bottle. It is now Tuesday, and I'm considering whether I should finish it or leave some for tomorrow.

This is why I don't normally keep alcohol at home.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 03, 2017, 04:36:49 am »

Yeah, five days is a lot longer survival rate than average for a bottle of rum. Usually he joins his fallen brothers in the recycling within a few days.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #634 on: May 03, 2017, 04:43:52 am »

Usually he joins his fallen brothers in the recycling within a few days.

Gone to the great glass hall in the hereafter, where he shall be reforged anew to be drunk from by Odin's sons. Unless he was a bad bottle, broken and cast aside by the roadside in shame, where only by the grace of a garbage collecting valkyrie can he be redeemed. We do not speak of the bottles consigned directly to the landfill.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 06, 2017, 12:33:28 am »

did someone say
GENESTEaLERS!?!

Oh... no?
O-okay then
Sorry

I didn't have anything else to... say...
buh bye now
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 06, 2017, 02:49:43 am »

Are you drunk, Rolan?
Good. That's good. We should all be drunk. What I wouldn't give for a bottle of something potent.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 14, 2017, 02:41:48 am »

Yeah heh, that was happy drunk.  Bruvah 40k reference.

I'm not sure how or whether to say this, or if it makes any sense.  Pretty sure it comes off as offensively artiste and shitty.

It's actually been a pretty decent week.  Good talks with friends, new and old.  Ex, notably.  Been parsing through a lot of my archived stuff, projects and things.  Visit with mom last week motivated me to do a lot.

Including a couple spots of hard torpor, by alcohol or particularly simple/entrancing game.  Mixed with periods of increasing creativity.  And tonight I had a frankly frustrating situation, where I hadn't had a drink in three days, nor wanted one.  I know this feeling:  It's when I need to do something "constructive", however shitty.  A time of motivation, with plenty of recorded inspiration and rest from my time "entranced".

I had about 4 hours of decent progress on an old code project.  Then forced down a bit of disgustingly cheap rum for confidence, loaded up OBS with an old game...
Oh, my cousin's getting remarried next Saturday.

I honestly don't know if I'm going or not (much less early to hang out) but wow, suddenly this shit-tier rum doesn't taste so bad.

On the other hand, maybe this push is good.  I've always worked a lot better under pressure (IE, at all).

Edit: (Also Mother's Day is tomorrow, but honestly fuck that.  I saw her last week, it's three hours away, and I'll see her at the wedding.  I'm not going home for that long, so soon, sorry.  Literally can't manage that, I break down.)
Edit2: (It really does taste bad, like rubbing alcohol or expired vinegar or something.  That's what I get for sipping good wine in moderation, I suppose, Aristocrat becomes almost unbearable)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:48:07 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 14, 2017, 03:01:26 am »

I'm not sure how or whether to say this, or if it makes any sense.  Pretty sure it comes off as offensively artiste and shitty.
It all makes sense to me, not sure what you're worried about. O.o
Enjoy the rum!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 14, 2017, 03:24:08 am »

Honestly, it's just that I've been reading the Sad Thread and WTF Thread where people are having problems which kinda make me feel like shit.

It's not their fault, and I'm not saying it's right.  I'm just insecure.  There's a *LOT* of things I could say in "either side's" defense, or get shitfaced and say a lot against both, but it wouldn't mean a thing if I told you how I feel.

Ah good, I'm at *that* phase.  The silly (inspiring/touching) music.  This is by far my favorite phase, time to stay here as long as possible, then fall asleep without posting anything from the next stage.
Though I'll write for later.

(I kinda prefer the black and white, but this version is more accessible (well done, too!).  And I've seen the B&W far too many times, I'd rather watch this)
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 14, 2017, 06:34:11 am »

A friend and I talked about Side Meier's Alpha Centuari, and I guess it's well into morning now.
Sleep soon, but I'd like to know which faction to play next (my friend fell asleep for some reason)
I've beat on talent or above:  Gaians, University, Morganites, and (after a long hiatus) Believers.  Turns out the zealotry bonus is super useful if you can hit aerospace tech.

So I need to beat: Spartans (mm), Hive (eeurgh), and... Peacekeepers, actually, the Tau of SMAC (pretty much good, though potentially pretty bad).
SO of those 3 (Spartans/Hive/Peacekeepers), which should I play?

Edit: I know I have to go to sleep soon but I really don't want to, there's too much light.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 06:35:57 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 21, 2017, 11:02:05 pm »

...  Wasn't there a post here from someone else?  Must have been in one of the emotion threads.

Anyway, I visited the haunted grocery store which always seems to have exactly 1 other customer and 1 employee.  I think it's the layout.  Or ghosts.
They've got a couple shopping carts just full of fricken quality apple cider, $5 for a 6-pack.  I only picked up one, naturally, and _damn_.  It's not just the sugar (I consume little sugar, family history), these is proper bottle-opener cider.  "Angry Orchard" seasonal.

The one employee was talking the stuff up even as I bought it, so I think they really want to move it.  I wonder how much I can buy up at once?  Because this is literally half the price of much shittier beer, and it's actually good.  I wonder if there are hard rules about that, or if they'll happily move all I'm willing to buy?

Drinking good stuff slowly and enjoying the taste is nice.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 22, 2017, 02:40:58 am »

Sounds wonderful. I still treasure the memories of the time I discovered this delicious hard cider at the local "grocery disposals store" for incredibly cheap, and my entire household/circle of friends started stocking up on the stuff regularly. Those were some good times!

The brand in question is still pretty dang cheap around here, though not quite as ridiculously so. Looks like Angry Orchards is pretty pricey, although that's not surprising considering it's imported. Hard cider is nice. Still not as nice as a good, bitter draught beer, but much better than "normal" cider or that disgusting fruity/golden ale shite that hipsters worship and that seems to take up half the taps in every bar and pub.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 23, 2017, 06:28:37 am »

Feel pity for us Australians. Not only do we have some of the highest alcohol taxes in the world, we're also legally banned from selling alcohol from grocery stores. Only licensed stores that exclusively sell alcoholic drinks are allowed to stock alcohol for retail sale. Good luck finding a 6 pack of anything for less than $12 too, barring the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 02, 2017, 12:31:15 pm »

This exists...
Oh, I'll have fun with this one.
I'm drinking Bourbon and cola... My blackened stomach hates me but my thinned blood and warm hands make for a great sniping experience.
I even got kicked from a lobby, no I wasnt being a meany I was just on a roll.
Well looks like that toxic can of sweetened evil is done. Next... Oh, that was the last, Banjo get me a drink
××××××××××××××××××
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 141