Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170178 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #840 on: May 07, 2018, 08:39:00 am »

If you chase tequila with corona, it tastes exactly like a cigarette butt.
Usually it only tastes like that if someone used your bottle as an ashtray while you weren't looking
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 07, 2018, 01:57:32 pm »

If you chase tequila with corona, it tastes exactly like a cigarette butt.
Usually it only tastes like that if someone used your bottle as an ashtray while you weren't looking

Nope Corona and El Espanolon tequila literally taste exactly like a cigarette butt when chased together.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 08, 2018, 09:58:35 am »

Got the rest of a bottle of everclear & whatever else my friends can scare up to drink tonight. That should be fun.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 08, 2018, 10:36:52 am »

Ahh, Everclear... Where it's nEverclear what you did that night!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 08, 2018, 12:25:12 pm »

Ahh, Everclear... Where it's nEverclear what you did that night!
Last Wednesday I started mixing it with juice to get a good idea on the kind of ratios I should use (I was going to use it in a big 2 gallon mixed drink for a party). Coincidentally, I don't remember what happened last Wednesday night.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 08, 2018, 08:52:52 pm »

Housemate just played the first level of Half Life Decay with me, both... impaired :P
Then we sang the first stanza of Bohemian Rhapsody.

I'm leaving a lot out, but it was a good night indeed.  We had a couple quality beers at a local brewery.  Sweet ciders for him (watermelon and other fruits!) and Big Boss Witch for me (and a "surprise me with another IPA", which was much more hoppy, not even just bitter but such bite, mmm~)

Followed by Franzia and 40 back home, heh.  Some philosophy.  Nothing too deep, mostly at the beergarden surprisingly.  I always feel a lot more drunk in public.  Interesting illusion.  I have watched people get drunk on nonalcoholic beer, I'm aware of the psychosomatic effects of "drinking", but I don't know if this is that.  In such cases I'm aware, and trying to stay sober so I can drive.  Yet I feel much giddier than in private.
Maybe I just have too much to unload, IDK.

We had a conversation about buddhism and jainism.  About (as he stated it, over beer) accepting oneself, over removing all desires.
I removed all desires for so long, but I kept living.  I had to build new ones.  There was no transcendence at the end of that rainbow.  It's still hard to want things like a normal person.
The main thing I want just makes me stop wanting things.
Drinking myself to nirvana on a weekly basis.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:54:38 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 12, 2018, 11:33:41 am »

Norway has some really fucking weird rules and regulations regarding booze... Such as:

• It is illegal to serve alcoholic drinks to people who are visibly inebriated (??!) (this is broken very, very regularly)
  • It is also illegal for bartenders to serve a person in a manner that insinuates that the customer is inebriated.
  • It is illegal to serve drinks containing 22 to 60% ABV between 6 AM and 1 PM.
  • It is illegal to serve such drinks (classified as "Group 3" drinks or "hard spirits") in amounts other than 2cl or 4cl. This does not apply to "cocktails".

The law fails to describe what exactly a "cocktail" is, and as such many interpretations of this law have come about... Such as limiting the amount of high-content alcohol in a mix to 4cl total per glass (resulting in the most embarrassing Long Island Iced Tea you will ever experience), only applying the restriction to "domestic" cocktails and ignoring it for international drinks, or just ignoring the limitation but charging you for every 4cl of booze the drink includes (resulting in the most catastrophically EXPENSIVE Long Island Iced Tea you will ever experience).

There's some sort of rumor as well about if you buy two shots of hard liquor and then mix them into a drink yourself at the bar, the bartender is legally allowed (and obligated) to confiscate the glass from you. Can't be arsed to look up the law and confirm for myself right now, but it sounds believable.

Also, fuck this post's formatting.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 12, 2018, 01:09:26 pm »

It's illegal to serve alcoholic drinks to an inebriated person in the UK too.

Though... what does insinuating the customer is inebriated mean?

Also illegal to sell alcohol in a shop in Scotland between 10pm and 10am, though obviously still in bars and that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 12, 2018, 03:53:18 pm »

It's illegal past 12AM here.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 12, 2018, 04:02:57 pm »

Yeah, there's a law like that here in North Carolina too.  I think it's 10PM.  Ran into it once after seeing the new Blade Runner with my dad, heh, movie ran long.  *Really* good movie though.  I was just looking to top off my reserves for the next day, as long as I was out, and the clerk had to politely refuse.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 12, 2018, 04:24:42 pm »

Pff, y'all got it easy. For everything that isn't low-content beer and cider, you need to go to the government monopoly in order to buy alcohol. The monopoly closes at 6PM on weekdays, 3PM on Saturday. Closed on Sunday.

"But what about the regular grocers" you ask? Well, anything below 2.5% (the one or two brands of small beers that sometimes get stocked) can be sold during all regular hours of operation (and nothing is open later than 11PM, period). Anything above that is closed for sale at 8PM, 7PM Saturdays. Closed on Sunday.

And I have no idea what the insinuation is supposed to mean... "...eller skjenke alkoholholdig drikk på en slik måte at vedkommende må antas å bli åpenbart påvirket". Literally: "...or serve alcoholic beverages in such a way that the customer must be assumed to be obviously affected". It doesn't make any clear sense in Norwegian either.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 12, 2018, 04:32:30 pm »

Sounds very judgemental!  Arbitrary.
And it varies here by state.  When I visited a coworker in Pennsylvania years ago, we had to go to a strange store to pick up a case of medium-strength beer (Blue Moon.  Screw-cap, citrus-y, like 1.5X my coors swill).  That's apparently how it works, there.
I don't think it was an ABC store (our federal "government monopoly"), but maybe it was.  Can't remember.
She/they

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 12, 2018, 04:37:21 pm »

I know Utah has very strict liquor laws, both written and unwritten, but that's Utah... Never know what to expect from Mormon country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 12, 2018, 08:01:46 pm »

Step one: get Budweiser Freedom Reserve Red Lager
Step two: Actually be impressed by a Bud product.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 13, 2018, 03:04:43 am »

Alright let's break this shit down. It's Saturday in georgia means it's drinkin time boys girls and all others

Finished off the everclear. Mixed with pineapple fanta and two pink lemonades to make a superb motherfuckin drink

drank a bunch of wine as well, whatever people had

Marijuana: possibly consumed?

all in all it's a good nite im obliterated watching violet evergarden w some friends
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 141