Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170157 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #855 on: May 13, 2018, 04:12:26 am »

What an enjoyable coincidence, that this thread happens to be on top of GD.
I got... very drunk last night. I had been drinking white rum with ginger ale, a few glasses (at least one of them double shots) and then decided to go along to a gig with my housemates to see an old favourite band of mine, who rarely play shows nowadays and whom I haven't seen in ages. Now, they were the last band, and perhaps unsurprisingly, I have no recollection of their set, although my housemate tells me I did, in fact, watch them.

I drank quite a lot of beers. And some Southern Comfort. That's just what I remember. Also, one of the moments I do remember involved me buying a pint for an attractive female (I'm pretty sure I'd asked my friends if they wanted drinks, too), so hopefully I didn't embarrass myself there. Although I probably embarrassed myself everywhere else anyway, haha.
Woke up with chips strewn all over my floor from a takeaway cup and some wicked bruises on my face, went back to bed and have only recently gotten up (it's 6:59 PM as I type this) and fixed myself some toast and hot chocolate. My housemate has been regaling me with some amusing tales of my drunken escapades. I'm glad they collected me before making their way home, heh.

Somehow I am not entirely broke after all that! I guess because of the pre-drinking. Even if you do overdo it as I did, it still saves you a lot of money, haha. Hell, I even have sufficient funds to do it all again at the Sabbat show next Saturday - although the plan was to take it (relatively) easy on that night and then party hard on their second show the night after, which also happens to be payday, so as not to let a hangover impact my enjoyment of the second show (which has the stronger lineup of bands, anyway).   
Might spend that $$$$ on merch instead, I guess.
I currently feel as though I am clinging to a flimsy, makeshift raft, floating across the top of a sea of embarrassment. It's always annoying when you have this many memory gaps on an evening when you were out and about, leaving you with no idea who you may have made a fool of yourself in front of or how badly. Oh well. At least I'm not hungover. Yet.

Tl;dr: Got drunk, saw bands, forgot bands, practised land-surfing and was (allegedly) chased by a human dog, purchased hot chips that were then strewn across the floor and allowed to complete a beautiful metamorphosis into cold chips, sustained mysterious facial injuries, magically avoided hangover for the time being at least.
I haven't been properly drunk in a while. Overall that was pretty fun, I guess. :))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 13, 2018, 09:12:09 am »

Similar situation here, including getting full-on drunk last night after abstaining a while.  I said a couple embarrassing things, the main difference being that most were through logged chat programs.  So I get to know what I said, which is... good...  (It's almost never as bad as I fear, honestly, so it is good)

My housemate took me for a late night Poké-walk.  He always seems to suggest that when we're drunk, dunno why, but it's always kinda fun and keeps the night from going on too long.  He dropped his keys in the dark grass though, we had to walk back out to find them.  And I found them!  We shared a few really sick high fives.
(And I think he hugged me?  I'm not used to that...)

I didn't wake up with anything fun strewn around, this time.  I had changed into some dirty shorts from the floor, had a bowl of cold ramen on my desk, and for some reason hitting the enter key brings up my power settings instead of making a newline.  I swear I'm not making that up!  I don't have any idea how it happened!  I had to copy-paste newlines to type this.  I'm going to try rebooting.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 13, 2018, 09:21:20 pm »

Slept for most of the day today, lol. Didn't get laid last night so I crashed in a friend's room; he was up all night anyway playing League of Legends, so it didn't really matter. First time in a long time i've skipped out on breakfast the morning after drinking, though. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I was still drunk when I woke up, and I genuinely needed the sleep (finals were not kind to me :()

@Yoink the last concert I went to was a few weeks ago when a few bands played with Underoath in the Georgia Theater. It was pretty fun, but I missed Veil of Maya :(! It's been a while since I've gone to a concert zonked though. I think the closest i've been in the last year was at an anime convention, I went to a rave blasted off Bicardi.

@Rolan I should go on more drunk poke-walks! I haven't really touched Pokemon Go since I lived further south, which is a shame. I've heard they;ve added a whole bunch of shit, plus it's a good excuse as any to get out of the house.

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 13, 2018, 10:01:38 pm »

Hey my name is Billy. I've been a fuctioning drug addict for 7 years now.
Everyone: "Hi Billy"
So its autumn down unda and that means psilocybin is growing in most council and school pinechip gardens.
So I took a few 30 odd and a few ciders and was waltzing around in my girlfriends house shirtless and dancing like a neolithic howling and everything. Super aware of what I was doing mind you and it was incredibly cathartic, the short term effects was I urinated on my girlfriends painting (with her permission) but the long term knock on is a really noticeable increase in my self confidence and for me that is a really big change.
I feel refreshed but tired.
Then had a second dose at my beach. A eerie sea fog enveloped us and really helped my sinuses. I wish my city had a proper weather detection because my pokemon was saying clear night but it was foggy.
I just want my ghost spawns back.
Eh I'm rambling. Just wanted to say hi

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 14, 2018, 03:19:19 am »

I urinated on my girlfriends painting (with her permission)

Is your girlfriend Andres Serrano?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 14, 2018, 07:44:56 am »

Got the kids in bed, spent a bit of "quality time" with the wife, and now I've mixed a gin and soda while she relaxes in bed with a big grin on her face.

Life is good. Dunno how it matches up to shrooms and experimental art, but it'll do for me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 16, 2018, 06:53:39 am »

Looks like the cops are taking Norway's drinking laws with a pinch of salt, which is kinda nice that they both have and exercise that kind of interpretive freedom. General consensus seems to be that the weather is simply too nice to bug people about drinking outdoors on a day like this.

Also, I've been reading Wikipedia's list of cocktails and felt a bit inspired. Then I went to the monopoly and got less inspired. Still, ended up buying a few fun-looking beers, a bottle of Tia Maria and a little bottle of Warnink's advocaat, which I've never tried before.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 16, 2018, 07:02:29 pm »

The vicious algorithm of the human mind is that we forget the fun times, and optimize over conflicts. 
It's natural to prioritize certain "problems" over others.  The hierarchy of needs.
Especially if we're fighting/working for our independent lives.

Though my point is, our human nature keeps us from accepting our position.  Enough is never enough.
/drunk

Edit:

For space is 'wide and good friends are too few.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:49:21 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 16, 2018, 08:53:34 pm »

And here's a proper bar song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAk5ane_9AQ

Good tunes, good chili, and clean O2.  Stay a while, friend.

Edit: Okay, fine:
I'm scared to sleep.  I'm scared that I'm about to meet my unconscious, and it'll give me some heavy-handed lesson.  If I'm lucky, it'll only be some gorey carnage, with obvious memetic messages.

Or maybe... worse.
Either way, I'm going to sleep now.  I'm drunker than usual.  I'm probaby making all sorts of mistakes.  And I hereby surrender myself to my psyche.

But it should know.  I did my godsdamn duty, the last three days.  I moved a lot of heavy shit.  I hung out with my dad.  I hung out with my housemate.  And I was myself, to some degree.

So if my subconscious chooses to send me some nightmare, well, I won't have any choice.  I'm too drunk to wake up.
But it can fuck off, because I am proud of the past three days.
(money aside.  Money nightmares, I'll accept)

Edit2: Banned from life for having a lil fun
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:19:28 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 17, 2018, 05:02:53 am »

And here's a proper bar song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAk5ane_9AQ
Thanks for that! I've been reading a bunch of HFY! and that one really hit the spot for me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 17, 2018, 11:19:52 am »

I love HFY!  I totes "finished" my first game of Stellaris recently, as humanity.
That last music link I shared is by the same "Filk" group, who did a ton of folk-sci-fi songs.  That last one is set in Star-Trek, while the Carmen Miranda ones are set in an original setting.

As for drunk, hooo that was fun.  I usually can't get more than 6 hours sleep, but this morning I'm well rested.  I can't remember my dreams, for obvious reasons, but I'm pretty sure they were okay.

And I didn't do anything too stupid!  Looking over the logs, seems I was a very happy drunk who basically complimented others on our recent times together.  Good stuff, me!

And...  I hung out with my housemate briefly... in my underwear...  And we were talking about a cutie we saw recently, and he was asking what body parts I'm attracted to... and he was shirtless...
And I'm pretty sure it was actually a proper, fine conversation!  I guess that confirms I'm over him (he is aware I thought he was cute, once).  He was asking for beard advice, and I gave it!
She/they

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 17, 2018, 12:41:49 pm »

Also you commented in a religion thread from 2017 for some reason, hehehe.

I think I've figured out why there are so few mentions of advocaat-related cocktails out there... Namely, trying to mix egg liqueur with something makes it look fucking disgusting. One of the few cocktails I could find was some sort of novelty thing called a Broken Nose, where the advocaat was to be poured in but not mixed, so that it would "retain its phlegm-like appearance".

I've got a little experiment glass with Tia Maria, advocaat and vodka... And it looks like some damn sewage water, hork. Tastes just fine though.

...I wonder if I could scramble/make an omelette out of this stuff.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 17, 2018, 02:02:19 pm »

Also you commented in a religion thread from 2017 for some reason, hehehe.
Oh gods, I totally missed that XD

...Egg liqueur?  Sounds pretty gross, but I've never liked eggnog.
She/they

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 17, 2018, 06:03:25 pm »

Jello shots are the order of the day. Cherry jello and raspberry vodka. Tastes like delicious cough syrup.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 17, 2018, 09:42:00 pm »

Whoa. I just realised... it's Friday. I have nothing to do today (except maybe some sewing), and nothing to do tomorrow apart from see bands and drink beers. I can start drinking early! I have plenty of rum and ginger ale left! Hooray!

And if I polish off some of my rum now, I'm less likely to overdo the pre-drinking on the actual weekend and end up forgetting the whole experience.
* Yoink taps the side of his skull with a knowing smile before rushing off to assemble an alcoholic beverage.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 141