Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 168618 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #870 on: May 22, 2018, 12:45:23 pm »

You know, I kept thinking that I too would be able to enter a cultured elite of people who drink spirits or elegant cocktails, I just needed to find "my" drink was all!

For a while I thought it was black/white Russians, but nobody really makes them the way I like them (too sweet) and beyond some Lebowski sympathies, not really that enticing as a staple fluid.

Then I thought maybe it could be the Moscow mule, and I do still like them, it's just... Quite a lot of pomp and circumstance with those copper mugs (although they are kind of neat... And although they're not legally allowed to be copper on the inside, due to toxicity concerns).

I've tried drinking them thar s'fistikated brown drinks, with the whisk(e)y (the fuck even are the e-rules for that?), the cognac and the brandy 'n such, but none of it's really been all that pleasant of an experience for me. I remember liking the Jim Beam honey whiskey, but I think I'd already had a few glasses before trying it out, so that's probably not the most objective evaluation, hehehe...

No... Looks like for me, it's just beer. Beer tiddly beer, in all its myriad forms and facets.

Now, I've met beers I didn't like, of course... But for the most part, it's the beverage I can come back to time and time again, and it always has something to offer. Hell, I even drink non-alcoholics (which, hilariously, some of which are even cheaper than sugary sodas here), have done since I was about 5-6 years old.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 22, 2018, 01:29:28 pm »

I got stupendously drunk on Sunday, and Monday I felt like I had been steamrolled. I was sore in places it didn’t really make sense for me to be sore, and I think I’m still a little hungover.

I also forgot what I drank on Sunday, except some type of beer that tasted like Five Alive.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 22, 2018, 03:41:42 pm »

I'm going to get fucking blasted tonight. The usual suspects, whiskey, beer, and jello shots.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 24, 2018, 11:58:10 pm »

@Kagus: try Southern Comfort, my drink of choice! Or Jägermeister. Both are deliciously tasty drinks that still pack enough of a punch to get you fucked up good and proper. I'm sure both feature in a variety of weird-ass fancy cocktails, too.
...Speaking of cocktails, the other day as I walked through the city to buy acrylic paint, I decided to take a slightly different route through the city, along a street I can't remember being down before. Y'know, just in case there was anything interesting to be seen.
Sure enough, my instincts paid off: I shortly spot this wonderful old building with the words "Mac's 1853" emblazoned upon it.
I wasn't sure what it was at first, perhaps some sort of fancy restaurant? I stopped and admired it from across the street for a moment, then decided to venture inside on my way back and see whether they served beer within.

At first I was apprehensive, anticipating some frightfully-posh, expensive affair where hipsters and yuppies battled for supremacy, but once I reached the doors a calming vibe of coziness washed over me. Sure, inside there were plenty of brazenly professional types who cause painful levels of boredom just from a glance at them, but I got a $7.50 schooner of some only-mildly-awful beer (as usual when failing to recognise anything on tap, I asked for the "most bitter" beer) and chatted to the bartender about the building for a moment before finding a seat and admiring the reasonably old interior.

...Oh yeah, I'm rambling. Shit. Point is, they also apparently have a cocktail bar upstairs, licensed 'til 5AM with a wrap-around verandah on the front, all nicely restored to preserve its antiquity. I would have gone upstairs for a look, but there was a "no drinks past this point" sign at the foot of the stairs and by the time I'd forced down my beer I was impatient to get going.
I guess I know where to take people if they ever feel a strange urge to drink cocktails in the CBD. :D

In other Drunk news: I pitched the idea to my housemate earlier of taking their car to the nearest Liquorland (which is a fair hike away, quite a considerable distance especially if carrying a heavy load) and purchasing an amazingly cheap 30-tin slab of actually-decent-tasting beer for just $38, just in time for the weekend, but sadly their car is "in shop", on this day of all days.
I am currently trying to work up the nerve to trek over there on foot and lug a bounty of beer back myself. I mean, I'm a lot stronger and fitter than I was the last time I tried such a thing... I still worry that I'd have to stop and rest along the way, though. It's a lot further than any other distance I've carried a slab. Hmmm. Or maybe, I could go to a further-away Liquorland that has a bus between here and there - but then that's a whole new level of awkwardness, having to lug a big box o' beer onto a bloody bus.

Maybe I'll warm to the idea a bit once I finish my current beer.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 25, 2018, 10:37:09 pm »

Currently mixing cheap gin into expensive mango beer. Mind is having a meltdown in the best possible way.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 25, 2018, 10:59:22 pm »

OMG mangoes are the best, right?  As fruits go.
After apples, obviously.  Goes without saying.
Mangoes are second only to apples.
Fruit is fruit of the devil itself, diabetes risk, but I sure do love the times I've fallen~
The flavors!

@Yoink
It's weird that I live in the South, and I don't think I've ever had Southern Comfort.  At least, I don't remember :P
Still drinking goon, thanks again for that name!  I love how... less, it is.  As it should be.  I drink with purpose, usually.  Economically.

And yet I had a good IPA locally, within walking distance.  Oh, this brewery is quite a bit farther than the one in my previous home.

But godsdamn, a good IPA!  And GOOD COMPANY omgs.  Sorry, it's just... it was a legit good time.

Even for the price.  After hiking back, I picked up a 40 for a third the price.  Along with some pickle chips and a whole marked-up can of corned beef (sorry).
Point is, I got a single 1.5X pint for the price of a 40 and booze-dinner.  But, I get it, the "atmosphere" really is worth something.

It's kinda awesome to sit in a crowded bar and drink alone.  Not kidding.  I did that a lot, and heard nothing valuable (people in public are careful, surprise) yet they do share their lives.  And that can be all kinds of fun.

And today I shared the eclipse with a stranger, even though neither of us could find the photos in our phones (despite us both actually being there).  We chatted about the weather, the family, the... fuck, I mean, everything about it.

It was worth the $5 (after tip) difference, not to mention the beer tasted like good food instead of piss.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 26, 2018, 03:20:48 am »

Haha, you're welcome! Goon is great. I still remember the first time I encountered that term, when I was about eighteen, dafter having been a fairly sheltered child without much exposure to bogandom. I've never looked at cask wine the same way since.

Sounds like you had a pretty good time. I generally do the "in a crowded bar alone" thing unintentionally. It's a bit less fun, heh. Though you never know who you might end up speaking to.
Last night I drank kind of a lot. Also I caught an Uber at the start of the night so as not to miss my friend's band... again. Madness, just madness.
Can't remember the tail end of the night but that's nothing unusual. Had some good conversations as far as I can remember, though I doubtless did some stupid shit or other at some point.   

I suppose considering all of that I'm not nearly as broke as I could be. Still. I'm basically incapable of drinking in moderation. :-\   

Edit: just remembered, I almost got my arse kicked by some hectic skinhead dude for chatting up his girlfriend. Haha.
I mean, she initiated the flirting, I just reciprocated - but I doubt such a distinction matters much to that kind of person. Fortunately I was able to talk him down and proceeded to drunkenly lecture him on the importance of not always assuming the worst in people and of trying other methods of conflict resolution before resorting to violence and intimidation.
This was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but I don't know how clear that was. I was pretty, pretty drunk, haha. By the end of it, though, he seemed comparatively friendly and we were joking around rather than glassing one another, so I suppose my method was successful. Hooray for not getting punched! It would be nice to be the type of person willing to risk grievous bodily harm over some (admittedly gorgeous) woman he's just met, but alas. I'm too much of a friendly drunk for that sort of unpleasantness. :))   

Lord, that seems like a lot of unnecessary words. I'm too hungover to be concise.
Also that whole episode reminds me of a much-less-frightening, (maybe) less humiliating version of Gimme Two Steps. I might go listen to that, now.   
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:15:13 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 26, 2018, 10:22:09 am »

Heh nice, I'm glad you're okay!  Hooray for being a harmless, happy (or melancholy) drunk like me (:

I seem to remember most of last night, except for apparently tipping my recliner backwards onto the floor.  I'm... not sure how I even did that.
And I still have no idea where my housemate is, lol.  He did finally respond to my semi-coherent IM this morning (or did he??) but apparently I mostly described walking the dog, instead of asking where he was.  So he basically just thanked me, heh.

The lotion mystery remains mysterious!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 26, 2018, 02:57:10 pm »

Just poured about $3 down the drain. I managed to tear up my leg today, and we don't have any proper disinfectant here, so I just used some vodka to clean the wounds.

One for me, one for leg, isn't that the rule? Hehe.

Just one of those things... I'm of the opinion that in a post-apocalyptic world, the moonshiner is king. Clean alcohol is medicine, fuel, weapon, and entertainment all in one!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 28, 2018, 01:24:00 am »

Yeah... apocalypse settings have an odd amount of decadence, honestly.  Supposedly to illustrate how the world has fallen to greedy individuals... but it's often surprising how much even the scariest warlord can scrounge up.

For instance, I hard-stopped watching The Walking Dead season uh, 5 or whatever... you know who I mean.  King shit of cock castle.  I got 2-3 episodes in to that bullshit and noped the fuck out.  I have sooooooo much suspension of disbelief, and just couldn't even.

I love a good villain but just, like... fuck that guy.
Except no, because he's a cardboard fucking joke for a series that ran out of ideas.  It had several conclusions, and butchered them on the alter of continuing to run grimdarkness.
She/they

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 28, 2018, 08:13:15 pm »

Today is Memorial day, and cookout day for the family. Kraken shots plus sweet drinks equals a drunk me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 02, 2018, 01:54:12 am »

I'm feeling the giddiness receding.  Various sensations which are personified, especially when I close my eyes; they speak.
They shrivel but they were never anything.  Just aspects of myself seen a different way.  Uninhibited.

I raise a glass now to moderation.  A glass of clean water, as from the unquenchable storm.  Let us take our relaxation, and our trips into bizarre thoughts, and grow stronger thereof!

Let us ward against the dark-dreams when it's necessary, yet write down the conscious-dreams, and not be an asshole.
Let the rainwater wash us clean.

I just had a really good conversation with my good friend in a group chat.  There was a lot of politics.  Although we were mostly in agreement, I hope I wasn't an asshole.
She/they

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 02, 2018, 07:52:33 pm »

Shit, man. I am fucking drunk.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 03, 2018, 04:06:41 am »

Plus fucking one, mate.

I know I divulged very personal information to someone, but I guess they did the same to me? Then my wife did same to said person’s wife, though I was simultaneously being taught cribbage so i wansn’t quite paging attention to my wife so as to be competitive in that. I think I avoided skunk, more or less.

I see errors but fuck it, it makes sense and you guys can see that. Autocorrectnis good for things sometimes.

Edit; I probably shouldn’t be sharing this in t’intenets, but fuck it you guys understand, probably. Rolan and Hansoanda, but that’s projecting, most definitely. Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:12:45 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 03, 2018, 05:32:10 am »

Lol well...

Drank a good bit tonight. took some neophytes to the college town experience downtown experience, so to tpeak. Friend threw up all over me, so that was fun. Ended up with me skinny dipping with a cute guy and girl, so i'll call it even stevens. No head game was introduced, unfortunately, but, well, there's always next time :)

man i'm fucked up
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 141