Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170172 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #885 on: June 03, 2018, 09:15:47 am »

Good grief... I just typed up a ridiculously long and not-all-that-exciting account of my drunken adventures on Friday night. Mainly because it was a somewhat weird night and I'm still trying to process it myself. xD Also I'm kinda proud that I managed to go the whole night without getting blackout drunk... I mean, I don't remember much of the many and varied conversations I had, but I do at least remember the vague sequence of events.
I did start off the night with some tentative idea of "pacing myself," both to save money and because I have a cold. I guess maybe I kept that up long enough for it to have some effect before it was inevitably forgotten? Bear in mind, "pacing myself" for me means ordering a pint of a less-tasty beer than my usual so that I don't drink it quite as quickly.
My cold didn't get any worse, but I certainly didn't seem to save much money, heh.

It would be nice if I actually knew/could remember the names of my main comrades-in-alcohol (basically the motley band of weirdoes I ended up partying with after my friends all seemingly left) so as to try and piece together more of the narrative. Just a few points that are a bit hazy, like... did we get kicked out? Or did the bar just close? Where did that guy with the moustache find that guitar? Was that babe who joined our party later on the same babe who had been dancing, errr, in very close proximity to me as I made an arse of myself on the dancefloor earlier in the night? (I think she put on a coat that was a different colour to her t-shirt and my drunk arse no longer recognised her. :))) Just why did I consider it a good idea to jump up on the stage and have a boogie at that later bar, despite being dressed more for black metal than classic rock? Exactly how uncoordinated and awful were my dance moves? Who paid for that uber, if it was an uber, and did we really have enough people to fill two cars because I can remember hardly any of them? What was that one weird guy's problem and did I really do as smooth a job of mediating constantly as I remember?

...You know, basic, scene-setting questions like that.
And no, even that monster paragraph up there is nowhere near as long as the rambly account I typed up earlier, haha. I think I might save that as a text file for myself to stumble across some time in the future, that's always fun.

Anyway, have fun and enjoy your weekends, y'all! I'm going to continue getting over this cold before I do any more boozing.
I'm glad I somehow managed to party reasonably hard the other night despite it, and without setting my recovery back too badly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 06, 2018, 07:21:41 pm »

I'm staring down a cup of goon in an empty 40 and realizing that, probably, I'm bothered with things.
But my friends just messaged me about DND matters, and I feel a lot better.
Nerd culture is full of such great distractions, heh!
And that's good, since the rational part of me knows that I'm fretting for bad reasons.  No action is required, I just need to relax.
I walked so much yesterday, and a little today.  Thought about things from many viewpoints.  I know it'll be okay.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:34:01 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 07, 2018, 06:34:01 am »

Actually went to a bar on Monday because I wanted to try out a couple cocktails I'd read about, and they also had a fairly interesting beer selection (kind of a safety fallback in case the mixed drinks really just weren't up to snuff).

Ended up trying exactly one drink (which really wasn't "my thing", yet again), and spent 2 hours just chatting with the bartender, who then added me on Facebook.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 07, 2018, 10:13:04 am »

Hi!

A new user here and as my first post thought to share that I love beer and just popped one open.  8)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 07, 2018, 01:03:27 pm »

Is your avatar someone vomiting?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 07, 2018, 01:06:11 pm »

Welcome, Bob.  Hooray for beer!
I love the avatar.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 07, 2018, 01:07:10 pm »

Until he clarifies I will choose to believe that it is an artistic representation of himself vomiting.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 07, 2018, 01:14:54 pm »

It looks to me like a dwarf who has been unwisely left unsupervised in a brewery or cellar. That or a dwarf ripping a cone... the 'puke' does look surprisingly straight and neat.

...Oh gods. This just made me consider the implications of dwarves, their drinking habits and their tendency towards thick facial hair. Ewwww.
Just think, with all the vomit that generally ends up carpeting the average fortress, there's probably at least half as much again matted into your dwarves. :-X
Booze is Life for Yoink

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 07, 2018, 01:44:20 pm »

Until he clarifies I will choose to believe that it is an artistic representation of himself vomiting.

Well chosen. The avatar is actually a cropped part of a picture depicting me vomiting in the foreground. 8)

Here's the full image if you are interested:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 07, 2018, 01:46:59 pm »

Huh, seems like I'm starting getting drunk and I've only had four beers so far.  ???

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 07, 2018, 03:29:10 pm »

That Teifling is looking like wow, that's a very well-carved tavern sign. Look at the detail on the scales of that fish. Well-painted, too.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 08, 2018, 12:07:13 pm »

Time to open a beer again. It's Friday after all. 8)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 08, 2018, 12:10:20 pm »

Are you one of those people who live by the good beer?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 08, 2018, 01:19:06 pm »

We have a few good beers, couple indie microbreweries doing their thing. I have to bug every beer bar I go into about stocking Stone, but I've actually seen a couple Bastards here and there recently.

Unfortunately, nobody drinks the stuff. They're only interested in the usual swillsners, because it's the cheapest way of getting shitfaced. And the "special interest" brews cost at least three times as much, when the pilsner pints already go for around $10 a pop... I'm doing my best to appreciate the other stuff, but I'm just one man...

Anyone have any experience with Fernet?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 141