Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170192 times)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2015, 09:42:41 am »

Why have I not visited here?
Why is this in third person?
Why has that wolf never said hello to yoink?
Is it cause hes an australian stoner?!
No its because I am
Im not drunk either! Its like saying a starving person is full after a bite of food, or saying ur baked after a cone, or you beat up somebody after one punch! Its all perspective
One bottle of canadian isnt drunk! Im merry like a hobbit.

It should be illegal to sell. I cant drive drunk but I know I can drive baked. Also try the animal test, and see what one is more repulsive to each type of animal. Pigs dont count, polyaddict mfers
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2015, 09:47:06 pm »

I'm doing SCIENCE!  "Beer before liquor, never sicker, liquor before beer, in the clear"
oh yeah well what if you do liquor before AND after quality beer
huh
WHAT THEN

Results:
Subject posted some weird Pathways Into Darkness ramblings in the happy thread
Browsed Penny Arcade from ~3 years, bookmarked about 30 strips
Considered recording The Consuming Shadow for Youtube, fell asleep isntead
Addendum: These Penny Arcade strips are fucking CHOICE
Addendum2:  Also apparently finally made a post on Reddit, and then some more.  One of the posts got over 150 karma, the others 1-3.  As yet, there is no obvious connection between the post content and the amount of karma received.

more testing is clearly required

Medical note:  No hangover whatsoever, despite all expectations.  Subject reported feeling really tired on waking, possibly due to 2-hour hike before Liquor O'clock.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2015, 09:49:38 am »

Browsed Penny Arcade from ~3 years, bookmarked about 30 strips
Addendum: These Penny Arcade strips are fucking CHOICE
Jesus Christ, maang! You are in a bad way with the hooch! :<

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2015, 10:46:27 am »

...  I bookmarked almost as many since then, while sober :P
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/04/28/faster-than-litigation
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2015, 11:08:44 am »

Ewww.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2015, 11:45:20 am »

This is a pre-emptive drunkpost.
I won't have an internet-capable device with me during the festivities later today (and tomorrow, for that matter), but rest assured that if I did I would be making a great many legitimate drunkposts. But for now, I sleep. Need energy for drunken headbanging and bone-breaking later today. :D

This post may seem drunk to the uninformed reader, but it is in fact merely sleepy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2015, 11:20:29 pm »

I’m a bit inebriated, so I decided to check out MLP for the first time to see what the big deal is.

I’m seven minutes in. Wait, are the males like, slave labor or something? They’re pulling the cart, and I haven’t seen any male non-servants yet.

Also, fuck you princess. “There’s more to life than studying,” isn’t a fucking counter-argument. At least engage with what Twilight Sparkle is telling you goddamn it. And then you tell her to go do some bullshit.

Edit: hard cider, BTW

Edit 2: Well, maybe not “slave labor”, but at least a lower caste?

Edit 3: She seems kind of overconfident about this Nightmare Moon’s escape. I’m not familiar with the universe, but it seems like her priors should be pretty low. Maybe prophecies in the MLP universe are more reliable than they are here. MIght have wanted to include that detail in the letter, then.

Yes, I am edit-liveblogging.

Edit 4: Okay, so the night will last forever. Probably going to kill anything that depends on photosythesis, so the environment is fucked. I guess that’s pretty tragic. It’s not clear yet whether Equestria is a planet or just a nation state, but, whatever this planet is called, it’s pretty clear that it doesn’t rotate. And either the ponies don’t know about the other hemisphere or the planet isn’t spherical.

Edit 5: Well, if the forest doesn’t work the same as Equestria, Equestria isn’t a planet. Also, Applejack, you dick. They could have helped Twilight Sparkle without her letting go.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:56:58 pm by Fenrir »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »

CIDER CIDER CIDER CIDER
(There's an episode about cider later)
(Also I really like hard cider, even though I usually like bitter beer)
Also yes all the males are slaves.  Everyone is slaves.  Hail Celestia.
She/they

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2015, 12:18:06 am »

Probably won’t see that episode. It’s decent for what it is, but I wasn’t impressed enough to keep watching.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2015, 05:20:56 am »

That's a shame, you won't get to see the most recent season finale where a soul sucking demon from the depths of hell is unleashed and the country is laid to waste by the force of his battle with Twilight Sparkle.

My six year old daughter quite liked that one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2015, 05:55:42 am »

For all you young people out there.

Don't drink.  It's fun during that night but the next day is just awful.

The key is to never stop drinking.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2015, 08:16:18 am »

Or just remind yourself of drinking water too. Alternating water and alcohol for the last couple of hours makes the next morning hangover-free

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2015, 08:35:48 am »

Yeah. Also it helps to stop drinking and switch to water when things get all spin-y.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2015, 09:29:54 am »

Although these groups showed a slight improvement in how they felt compared with those who hadn't drunk water

So there is still some improvement. It's possible that improvement is larger in some person than in others. I also wonder if there is an impact of the type of alcohol drunk.

Anyway, I know from my experience that going to water make me feel much better the next day. It's not impossible that part of the effect is that while I'm drinking water, I'm not drinking beer:  it effectively reduce the amount of alcohol I drink.

Also, I'm not going to put much faith in a newspaper article which does not provide a link to the study.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 141