Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170186 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #900 on: June 08, 2018, 01:55:56 pm »

Richmond VA has a rapidly growing craft beer scene. It's nice to see even though I'm responsible dad deos now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 09, 2018, 09:19:40 am »

I'm currently thinking of maybe having a couple of beers today (again).

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 09, 2018, 11:32:32 am »

The guy that hosts our weekly D&D game always has beer in his fridge and happily shares during the sessions.

Best night of the week.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 09, 2018, 11:49:43 pm »

https://youtu.be/1zcclD8ctaw?t=4406
"Sometimes things just happen."
Getting some vicarious background hilarity~
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 12, 2018, 09:47:39 pm »

I don't think this is the drunk thread I've posted in before but I'm too lazy to go in search of it.

Anyway, apple juice and this "red, white, and berry" Smirnoff. Apple juice is apple juice. The Smirnoff by itself is pretty nasty (the wife described it as tasting like rocket pops). Together, they're pretty amazing.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 15, 2018, 05:32:12 pm »

Well, I suppose that's life for you... It's either entertaining, or it's educational.

My GF's off with her work, dancing away the night on the town, so I figured I'd head on down to one of the local bars that's a bit more hipster than the rest (being marginally insulted if you just ask for a pint of the basic pisswater pilsner, rather than something from their large stock of craft beers). She's not very happy about me going down there, because last time I was there I spent a couple hours shooting the shit with the bartender, who happens to be a very tall and very lanky very blonde.

It was then (last week) that I tested out a Negroni, finding it to be just a touch too antagonistic for my tastes. This week, I tried out Argentina's singularly most popular cocktail: Fernet con Cola.

...and the stuff tastes like mouthwash. No fucking joke, it seriously tastes like Listerine. And they call this stuff a digestif, yeesh.

After that experience, I decided "alright, I'll just go back to what I know" and ordered a beer. I picked one of the ones Blondie had recommended the previous week (being somewhat of a beerhead herself), which was described as a "pecan stout".

"Oooh!", I thought, "A dark roasted stout with hints of pecan? Sounds nice!". How fucking wrong I was, matey... This was no simple roasted brew, this was a goddamn pastry stout, with milk and sugar as ingredients. Holy fuck but that syrupy swill was sweet. I mean, creds to those experimental brewers who take the path less traveled, but keep your semen-crusted corduroys in this dimension at the very least.

I ended up pounding it a fair bit faster than I would've desired, simply because I wanted it to go away. Tried enlightening the palette with a Sierra Nevada Torpedo, but they didn't have Torpedo, so I had to settle for SN's basic "pale ale", which isn't nearly as refreshing or hoppy.

At this point, the fernet-pecan-pale ale concoction in my stomach was having stern words with the rest of my digestive tract, and I decided to call it a night.

Back to the drawing board, eh?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 15, 2018, 05:40:19 pm »

...Don't you have the King of Beers readily available at most bars in your part of the world?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 15, 2018, 05:46:54 pm »

First of all, Budweiser is "like making love in a tippy canoe", in that it's fucking close to water. Second, I'm not in the US... I live in Norway, where the everything is expensive and the booze is expensiver, but at least they don't serve Bud/Coors/Miller most places.

EDIT: Took a whizz and everything smells like pecans.

Send help.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 15, 2018, 06:29:57 pm »

But pecans are great!
Maybe not as pee-smell, I guess.  Sorry, I'm not a connoisseur of pee.  Or smells, really.
Naked Snake: "How does it tas

HEY SO yesterday I went out with my housemate and potential new housemate for some afternoon beers.  It's still really nice to drink stuff that actually tastes good, occasionally.  I had another unsurprising but pleasant golden IPA with citrus flavors, and then a very nice experiment from my previous, aheh, "mountainhome".  Coffee and coconut flavors, bitter and strong.

We sat and talked for quite a while, and that was even before we found the Jenga set!!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 15, 2018, 07:17:26 pm »

Ask them what they think of pecan pee
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 15, 2018, 08:21:10 pm »

No though

Also I want to point out that my previous home was in the mountains of my homeland, NC.  Other than that I always lived in the Piedmont (even in Virginia), so it truly was and will always be my mountainhome.  Even though I've moved back downstream.  Second longest residence in my life, that mountain...

So "mountainhome" was a pun, not *just* a forced reference.
...I have the weirdest standards?

The beer was Highland Brewery's Imperial something-or-other, for that cool bay12er who also lives/lived there :P

Unrelated edit:  I only just found out that it's pride month, from a friend making fun of the SCP foundation for celebrating it.
I assume the Gay Agenda cut me out of the loop lest I drunkenly spill all the secret plans.
Or I guess I have too much important stuff going on to worry about relationships, heh.

Edit2:  Pecan pie polled well
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:29:48 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 16, 2018, 12:03:42 pm »

I'm currently drinking beer and playing DF, sweet... 8)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 18, 2018, 02:45:20 am »

I'm currently drinking beer and playing DF, sweet... 8)
How much beer are you planning on drinking?
Might I suggest a Drunk Fortress turn? :D

I also did a reasonable amount of drinking last night. The planned catch-up with friends ended up involving less friends than it was supposed to (a bunch of them wimped out due to bad weather), but I still drank some extraordinarily cheap beers (which actually didn't taste too bad) and my usual $20 rum & dry.

Also watched some rather forgettable attempt at a sci-fi film. Pretty meh. Would have doubtless been more enjoyable whilst high rather than tipsy, but alas.

Edit:
First of all, Budweiser is "like making love in a tippy canoe", in that it's fucking close to water.
Fine, stick to your gross pecan-beer then, see if I care. It's your loss!
Man, I should have bought Budweiser yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:48:04 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 19, 2018, 06:32:35 am »

This week's started off with a couple of shitty days, and isn't looking likely to get better. Thankfully, a nice bottle of cab sav is taking the edge off for me, though I know I'm gonna regret paying the calories back at the gym later.

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 19, 2018, 11:58:26 am »

Wait... alcohol has calories...
I need to reevaluate my diet.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 141