Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170202 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #960 on: July 17, 2018, 03:35:00 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:53:51 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 17, 2018, 05:29:32 pm »

Storm was a total tease.  Very little rain here.  Only the echoing promise in the distance.
I'm not surprised.  I've been a... I've been disappointing.  I don't deserve it.

I've got a lot behind me, and a whole lot very soon.  I'm just going to curl up for a proverbial second.

Afterwards, the spring rains will surely fall.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 17, 2018, 05:49:22 pm »

Getting a lot of rain here. I was worried at first it would be 5 minutes of rain followed by 6 hours of ridiculous hot humidity but it's been raining good for most of the day.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 17, 2018, 06:25:03 pm »

It keeps echoing for almost 10 seconds, how??  This land is flat, compared to the mountains I lived in.  Yet the thunder still rolls~
And still no rain for me, only for the friendly goat who worships Yehovah :P  Typical.

This is fine.  I was very emotionally tired, and I feel better already.  I'll be ready for the upcoming challenges.
The thunder just echoed that sentiment.

And afterward I will be worthy of its skyfallen-sacrement, heh.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 17, 2018, 09:17:26 pm »

Ok. So, this is honestly stupid, but I don't care. I've been drinking.

How much does it take for you guys to get drunk? Now, I mean this in any silly way, but in the more curious way of how. See, what brought this up is my friend the bourbon bottle, who I've been pleasantly imbibing of this evening with relative, but not exacting amounts. Which makes me wonder. Which really makes me wonder. How much bourbon does it take, to get me to the point where I noticeably start screwing up my typing and other such things which convey drunkenness?

It's really honestly kind of stupid, but I think next time I start drinking, I'm going to use a measuring cup as my atlas and try measure my level of tolerance in a way that is meaningful for me, so that I might understand my limits, and certainly try to stick by them.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 17, 2018, 09:31:57 pm »

The problem is it really depends a lot, mostly on how fast you drink it (and how much you eat).  I basically sipped all of today on an empty stomach for a pleasant buzz, then chugged about a pint of wine for a drunk, then ate a heaping plate of pasta and and a couple hours later I'm nearly sober (bit hungover, but I'm going to sleep anyway).

I think quickly downing an inch of liquor is usually enough to at least feel something, and two inches to get a little silly.  I can't really speak to the typo-part, though, since I'm pretty good at fixing them even while drunk.  By the time I start using homonyms or the wrong "their", I'm generally ranting about rain or fairies or androsynth.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:33:40 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 17, 2018, 11:10:45 pm »

Ah yeah, the Andosynth... Gah. Went before their time and before any chance of meeting them.

Aye though. I don't disagree. What you're drinking, how you're drinking, what you've eaten before drinking... There is a lot of factors. Wish there was a control or something that could be used here...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 18, 2018, 06:36:09 am »

As a general rule of thumb, a six-pack of 0.5l cans of swill gets me to my louder philosophic mode. Spirits are harder to measure.

Last night I actually, finally got around to making the beer tasting trip to the pub I wanted to make last Monday, but couldn't because ha ha fuck you. Surprising number of people there for a Tuesday night, but still not loud and crowded, so it worked. Got to talk to a few interesting sorts, such as a Polish bartender (customer), her beau the crosseyed lisping Norwegian Trump enthusiast, a man "from Eritrea" who was born in Norway and grew up in England, and one terribly drunk/possibly junked lady who tried to order drinks while blasting contemporary hip-hop into her ear via her phone's speaker (she later calmed down a little bit and decided to Facetime her lovey-dovey on an iPad at one of the tables, while repeatedly trying to rest her feet on said table and repeatedly failing). She was actually quite pleasant and happy, and had to stop in the middle of the room at one point in order to turn to the bartender and say "you're just, so nice! Thank you!" for no reason.

Had some interesting beers, nothing earth-shattering, but definitely interesting.  Couple quite tasty ones in there. Also got to gabble with the bartender again, so that was nice. Of course, sampling 3-4 stouts at 10-11% and rounding out with a couple lighter beers in the 6-7% range, I was a wee bit tipsy when I bid adieu and set out for home.

Then I got home and, well, everything's shit again. But that's somewhat to be expected.

Ah yeah, the Andosynth... Gah. Went before their time and before any chance of meeting them.

Aye though. I don't disagree. What you're drinking, how you're drinking, what you've eaten before drinking... There is a lot of factors. Wish there was a control or something that could be used here...
I have some not-entirely-fond memories of an old forum I used to frequent before discovering DF and Bay12, where one of the primary forumites was what I referred to as an "Alcatholic", due to his interesting combination of having a lifetime goal measured in blood-alcohol along with a fervent belief in the Catholic church and its teachings (which he also believed he was actually following). Charming fellow.

He recounted one instance where he'd been to a party (and been deeply disappointed in his fellow partygoers ability to "Crank Dat" [yes, these were the glory days of Soulja Boy]), been a good samaritan who has the decency to induce vomiting before things get too bad, and then felt a slight pang of panic when passing a cop car on his drive home directly after the party.

Upon reaching his house, he immediately hopped onto the computer to tell us all of this in a finely-worded post, as well as mention that he'd checked his BAC reference card (which he apparently carries with him, a good sign), and had the drinks-to-bodyweight formula inform him that he was dead.

"BIUT TCKFIT", were his parting words to us, as he presumably shambled off to bed.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 18, 2018, 06:53:37 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:01:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 18, 2018, 06:57:45 am »

I'm honestly not generally a fan of blonds when they're beer. Chimay Blue I've had a few times before, quite nice. The others I don't believe I've heard of or seen, will try and keep an eye out

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 18, 2018, 12:57:16 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:01:21 pm by dragdeler »
let

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 19, 2018, 12:38:01 am »

Actually, you wouldn't be getting nearly as good a deal bringing in fancy stuff as you would bringing in bilgewater. Despite the painfully high cost of low-tier alcohol, Norway actually has comparatively reasonable prices on high-end cognac, brandy, specialty wines and the like. I mean, it's still fucking expensive, but it's fucking expensive everywhere.

Also there's a massive moonshining culture in middle-to-northern Norway. Hooch is pretty much the traditional drink, and while quite illegal, there aren't really enough cops to care.

As for trusting foreigners, well... If alcohol is involved, then fuck yes we'll trust you. As is proven on a regular basis.

No kidding?

I've had several friends in south georgia that brew their own alcohol. Strawberry wine, Muscadine wine, apple pie moonshine...

It's the same situation here tbh. They do flyovers to catch bad dudes in south GA or the Appalachians to catch people but as long as you keep it indoors the cops don't care. It's why meth and weed used to be the two biggest drugs here; both things you can make in a house and easily distribute.

In any case, I hope I can try norwegian moonshine someday :)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 19, 2018, 05:57:05 am »

Actually, you wouldn't be getting nearly as good a deal bringing in fancy stuff as you would bringing in bilgewater. Despite the painfully high cost of low-tier alcohol, Norway actually has comparatively reasonable prices on high-end cognac, brandy, specialty wines and the like. I mean, it's still fucking expensive, but it's fucking expensive everywhere.

Also there's a massive moonshining culture in middle-to-northern Norway. Hooch is pretty much the traditional drink, and while quite illegal, there aren't really enough cops to care.

As for trusting foreigners, well... If alcohol is involved, then fuck yes we'll trust you. As is proven on a regular basis.

No kidding?

I've had several friends in south georgia that brew their own alcohol. Strawberry wine, Muscadine wine, apple pie moonshine...

It's the same situation here tbh. They do flyovers to catch bad dudes in south GA or the Appalachians to catch people but as long as you keep it indoors the cops don't care. It's why meth and weed used to be the two biggest drugs here; both things you can make in a house and easily distribute.

In any case, I hope I can try norwegian moonshine someday :)
It's very rarely any kind of special drink, it's just some good ol' ethanol (hopefully) in a plastic jug that can alternatively be used to power your lawnmower. It's less "I bet I could make something really tasty with a few extracts" and more "I bet I could make 98%".

The traditional drink for middle Norway is something referred to as "Karsk", where the customary method of making it is to brew extra black coffee, put a shiny silver coin in the bottom of a cup, and pour coffee over it until the coin is no longer visible. Then add hooch until the coin is visible again. Repeat as necessary to grow a moustache.

Down south towards the capital, however, there's markedly less moonshine going around. Gotta keep up the appearance of being "civilized". They don't even call each other "Horsedick" as a term of endearment, as is the custom farther north.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 19, 2018, 06:05:14 am »

Bought a $38 dollar bottle of Canadian Club today, in order to get a free beanie (or "toque", as I believe those Canadian lunatics tend to call them). Yes, yes, I'm a total mark for even the lamest of advertising campaigns. Whatever, free hat biatch!

So I've been drinking nips of that and watching films, including The Big Lebowski - for the first time! I know, I know, I'm a disgrace... but better late than never.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 19, 2018, 06:15:25 am »

My car is broke and my neck is cricked. It's a ten hour shift then I must make my way to drive the broken car to our shifty mechanic, then ima find a way home and get fucking drunk.

I got some Tullamore Dew at home, calling my name.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 141