Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 168629 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #990 on: July 24, 2018, 04:02:30 pm »

Last night I was freakin *starving* but couldn't make a proper meal because we were on a DND call.
Today I've literally only had maybe two glasses of wine, no carbs.

I wasn't hungry at all, it was an illusion, presumably due to eating ALLLLLLLL THE THINGS over the weekend vacation.  And they were such wonderful things.  Panang curry, fresh-caught croakers...

And just watching my friends slurp up the clams and shatter-consume the beautifully roasted crabs was unironically a culinary experience in itself.  I was not unoccupied - I ate almost all of the fish, eating around the tiny sharp bones.  As I learned, aheh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 24, 2018, 07:31:54 pm »

We sip together
The cold sore and I
Until only this poster remains.

-Chairman Yang, probably

Edit:  I ate... literally nothing, today.
Just diet soda and some wine.

Jeez, I think I overrate on vacation, and here's to burning calories today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi4Wbu3t1nw&index=2&list=PL81s2Z1UedT7sVb1fg6UFYuxHhmuoM-Yq

It's so weird though, I was so hungry last night, and dreamed of food...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:23:17 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 25, 2018, 06:18:09 am »

One of the girls at work hasn't shown up for three days, and is calling in sick tomorrow too. Second girl at work took off after half a day Monday, and the other guy I work with only worked one and a half hours today before calling it quits and going home sick, leaving me to watch the shop either alone or with only one other person every day for the last three days. It's been a shitty back-to-back series of three eleven hour shifts, and I'm gonna drown it out with a bottle of Pinot Grigio to dull the edge.

So sick of weaklings right now. HTFU. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7aDstrDMf0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 27, 2018, 05:52:09 am »

I'm so glad I bought those beers the other day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 27, 2018, 06:07:15 am »

Was planning on going out for a beer yesterday, ended up staying in and playing SS13 instead.

Now it's the weekend, meaning that the pub is going to be packed to the brim, deafeningly loud and in a constant state of flailing sweatiness.

On the bright side, at least it was a good round of SS13... Fuck.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 27, 2018, 07:42:25 am »

What's so bad about a busy pub? :c
Unless it's, like, a sportsbar full of TV screens and bogans discussing whatever gross acts of sportage might be taking place on them. Bugger that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 27, 2018, 08:50:43 am »

What's so bad about a busy pub? :c
Unless it's, like, a sportsbar full of TV screens and bogans discussing whatever gross acts of sportage might be taking place on them. Bugger that.

It's so loud you can't even hear yourself think, let alone hear your own drink order, and any attempt to move around will bounce you between 2-3 other drunkards like a pinball.

That's what a busy pub means in Norway, it means that people are leaking out the doors because there isn't enough space for them to stand and drink, and it means leaning over the counter and shouting short, concise bursts into the ear of the bartender so that you can get anything.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 27, 2018, 11:28:42 pm »

Sounds fairly standard to me, although I guess it depends on how exaggerated that description was. :P

In other news: I bought some coming sake about a week ago, should I try a shot or sip of it? It's 14%, I'm assuming the label's claim of "for cooking use only" is bullshit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 28, 2018, 05:29:09 am »

Sounds fairly standard to me, although I guess it depends on how exaggerated that description was. :P
It's not an exaggeration, that's how it is. I can't tell if the people sitting next to me are talking about sports, because I can't even hear what comes out of my own mouth. It's this deafening cacophony and I'd really rather not have that pressing in on me as sweaty overperfumed drunkards fall onto my shoulder when I'm just trying to have a drink and unwind. It rather defeats the purpose.

I'd recommend against drinking cooking sake, as it has a tendency to taste pretty dreadful. But if you're gonna try it, sip.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 29, 2018, 02:49:21 pm »

I am always a little bit drunk, except for the ends of my shifts. I drink before work. Like a lot. Then I drink after work. Sometimes I even go home on my lunch and drink then. At this point, I don't really enjoy drinking anymore. It's just a thing I do. Like taking out the trash or making dinner.  I'm an addict. I used to be a drug addict, but got bored and moved on. I'm still an alcoholic but it's getting boring. I'm probably a sex addict, because I spend ninety percent of my workday either flirting with my hot coworker or a friend of mine, or checking out every remotely attractive woman who comes in. I'm insatiable and I never am satisfied.

Melancholy drunk today, hence the dispassionate and depressing rant. Back to your regularly scheduled happy drunk stuff.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 29, 2018, 03:58:35 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:02:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 29, 2018, 04:52:42 pm »

My dad used to work a warehouse job with three Finns who would start each work day with a bottle of vodka and three tomatoes. The bottle was finished for breakfast. I'm not sure what the significance of the tomatoes happened to be, other than just being the only thing they could afford alongside the vodka after spending yesterday's paycheck on other booze.

But they were Finnish after all, so it's more of a cultural thing.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 30, 2018, 01:56:54 am »

I am always a little bit drunk, except for the ends of my shifts. I drink before work. Like a lot. Then I drink after work. Sometimes I even go home on my lunch and drink then. At this point, I don't really enjoy drinking anymore. It's just a thing I do. Like taking out the trash or making dinner.  I'm an addict. I used to be a drug addict, but got bored and moved on. I'm still an alcoholic but it's getting boring. I'm probably a sex addict, because I spend ninety percent of my workday either flirting with my hot coworker or a friend of mine, or checking out every remotely attractive woman who comes in. I'm insatiable and I never am satisfied.

When I worked at a taco place in town we would almost always drink or smoke non nicotine plant products either before, during, or after work; I, however, don't think i'm addicted to alcohol as much as nicotine. Between being able to smoke cigarettes while I did dishes and take smoke breaks in the walk in cooler, I definitely haven't stopped being hooked on the stuff.

You should try being bisexual sometime. It's like being heterosexual, but you're unable to hold conversations with your female and male peers without having libidinous impulses. Like the first time I did acid, and all I could think about was how i really really wanted to have a threesome with the two friends i dropped w/ (big guy small girl, excellent combo).

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 30, 2018, 05:40:42 pm »

Right, it's Monday and I've actually had a drink. Something I've been planning to do since last Thursday.

Kiwi tending bar tonight, and he was a bit too all-over-the-place to really hold down a conversation with, so I ended up mostly talking with the patrons. Met a 30-something FIFA aficionado and a Pakistani martial arts 2nd degree black belt who assured me multiple times that he'd never hit his girlfriend (except for that one time) and his friend who desperately tried to be relevant to the conversation at hand.

Weird fuckin' night. I've had a whopping three beers, but in my defense, number 2 was rated at 12.1% ABV... And number 3 was some perfectly forgettable red.

I'm getting that lovely combo of the cold shoulder and the evil eye from my girlfriend, but she's been mad at me all day so it's not much difference.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 31, 2018, 05:24:18 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:02:45 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 141