Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170248 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1455 on: January 10, 2019, 07:24:18 pm »

Half a litre of gin, half a tray of ice, then top off the mug with mixer of choice. Iced tea is always a winner.

My car's at the mechanic getting four new tyres and I'm going nowhere today because of it. Sounds like an excellent excuse to spend the day drinking.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 10, 2019, 08:03:39 pm »

Could make a half-assed Moscow mule (which I suppose would mean 1/4 ass? I'm not up to date on my donkey mathematics) by just slinging a spicy ginger ale together with some vodka. Add a couple drops of lime if you want to be fancy.

I've been meaning to try working out a functional grog recipe... Which is to say, finding the balance for watering down rum so that it goes down well enough while still doing something and not throwing the flavor into a woodchipper.

I used to drink black Russians a fair deal, but it's just a bit dark and sweet for me these days. White Russians are quite functional, but you need decent cream and you get worse at mixing them the more you have... Also, as with any drink including a dairy product, not something you want to get drunk on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:00 pm »

I've decided to replicate my favourite drink (for the intersection of cost and taste) which is lemon vodka. Lemon sherbet, + vodka.  Anyone else have any easy-to-make recipes for alcohol that doesn't taste like arse?
Well, you could always just find a straight alcohol whose taste you like.
For me, I can pound down SoCo straight from the bottle. I generally like the taste of full-blown bourbon as well, but I'm not sure if I could pull that off, haha. Also the dodgy little bottleshop a block away sells SoCo for $40 (that's cheap in this horrifying island dystopia), annnnd I just remembered the one I usually go to, a bit further away, sells it even cheaper.

Ooh. I probably shouldn't be discussing boozing right now. I don't get paid for another two days.    -_-   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 10, 2019, 11:47:09 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:29:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 11, 2019, 06:32:39 am »

(SoCo is like 21USD here. USA! USA!)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 13, 2019, 12:53:11 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:14:32 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 13, 2019, 01:01:05 am »

(SoCo is like 21USD here. USA! USA!)
Just saw the menu of a restaurant I went to in the States posted on Facebook and the drink prices made me shed a tear.

...Or maybe it was the fan blasting me in the face. I dunno. Probably both.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 14, 2019, 09:34:03 am »

Also, as with any drink including a dairy product, not something you want to get drunk on.

Aww, Bailey's and Bailey's-likes are the only drinks that I can drink neat - everything else is vile.  I'm not a natural drinker, hence cutting it with something, anything, to make the taste better.

Some bold suggestions on here, by the way!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 14, 2019, 09:41:15 am »

That reminds me, Bailey's released a vegan version of their classic drink recently!
I haven't had a chance to try it yet. No idea what liquor chains might stock it here, or how prohibitively expensive it might be.
Bloody keen, though. Also, it'd probably be less... unpleasant to drink in large quantities even for non-vegans, digestion-wise.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 21, 2019, 07:55:10 pm »

Why is this thread so quiet? Depending on your part of the world it is either the hottest or coldest part of the year, and either is a good excuse to drink heavily.
I have reasons unrelated to temperature, though.

Post-nervous breakdown therapeutic solo-drinking engage!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1465 on: January 21, 2019, 08:00:45 pm »

Why is this thread so quiet? Depending on your part of the world it is either the hottest or coldest part of the year, and either is a good excuse to drink heavily.
I have reasons unrelated to temperature, though.
Post-nervous breakdown therapeutic solo-drinking engage!
Life is currently a series of embarrassments and humiliations made tolerable by their relative acceptability compared to times of drink; thus for now I do not drink. I do however have fond new years' memories dressed as Imperator Rex launching absinthe and a 3l bottle of jack daniels into the glory of the night, I slaughtered the rabble with my tribute to dionysus

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 21, 2019, 08:10:38 pm »

I'm upset with my stomach. The past few times I've had beers, I started feeling a bit ill after just 2-3 pints. Not even really drunk yet, just sick and bloated.

Meanwhile, I still can't take straight spirits of any sort. The alcohol taste just hits me with an instant urge to retch... And cocktails are all either 50% sugar and 2% alcohol, or they're a bitter bumfuck designed for the demanding tastes of a psychopath.

What's left, wine? Buh... I already pickle myself with sulfites from excessive balsamic vinegar usage, and the choice between red and white is the choice between stained everything and being a suburban housewife.

I'm an embarrassment to my Nordic ancestry. Shit, I'm a disgrace to my American ancestry.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 21, 2019, 08:24:12 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:13:32 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 22, 2019, 02:49:56 am »

Me, I'm doing a keto diet, meaning no booze for the foreseeable future. Raise a glass for me, my fellows!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 22, 2019, 04:13:44 am »

I slaughtered the rabble with my tribute to dionysus
That sounds truly glorious. I wish I had the time and motivation to study enough history to properly understand the reference.

"That doesn't make sense, you're drunk.  Anyway, this is why Hitler did nothing wrong...". 
Pfffft, of course Hitler did something wrong.
Just look at his humiliating defeat at Stalingrad!

Chur from the edge of the world!
FTFY.

Seriously though, nice work getting your trip to Kiwiland so spectacularly back on track, and I hope your birthday celebration is a hoot!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 141