Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 77699 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1830 on: September 22, 2019, 01:53:06 am »

Hungover and depressed i.e. a solid sunday.

Boy cruising every bar you've ever been sounds exasperating, Imma have a nap for you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:54:46 am by dragdeler »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 22, 2019, 02:46:35 am »

It's a hard job, but someone's gotta do it 😅

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 22, 2019, 04:36:01 am »

Boy cruising every bar you've ever been sounds exasperating
I'm more a fan of girl cruising, myself. Though these days, my wife tends to get upset when I do so.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 22, 2019, 06:30:55 am »

It's a hard job, but someone's gotta do it 😅

Chief executive glass bottom inspector.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 01, 2019, 07:30:04 pm »

Chief executive glass bottom inspector.

Did someone call me? Why the fuck do I get offered a "take-away bottle" of red label on a flat tuesday? The only reasonable explanation is that people desire to see me death, *genuine way too hard laugh at his own joke*. It took half a bottle to feel drunk, that cask strength is really something else hu?! I don't want to say I miss my collector whisky because I'm glad my stock is empty.......... So I should shut up really. Feels oddly appropriate with the discussion we had in the sad thread today.

Thanks for existing b12, btw I hope Rowanas and LordBaal are allright, the latter has been connected but not posting for more than a month which makes me think his phone might have been stolen. Rowanas probably is though :). I should let this account rot and make a new one... It doesn't bother me that y'all know the shit I post in my "online diary", what does bother me is that I can't post personal projects without it being linked to all the BS I posted.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 02, 2019, 10:01:34 am »

Lol I've had the same thoughts before, mostly related to old posts. I wasn't born a logical functioning human being, it took years of functioning effort. There's still some relics of my dunderheaded younger self from 2012 on here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 07, 2019, 07:13:35 am »

I'm so confuse, I could have sworn there were a bunch of posts in this thread commenting on my new avatar. I'd been planning on responding to 'em next time I got my drink on and everything. Turns out, they were in the Mild Sad/Upset thread all along! Crazy stuff, huh??

In other news, at the tail end of a shopping trip today (the necessary kind, I bought medicine and supplies and snacks) I decided to pop into the local Bottle-O for the first time in a while and grab a lovely bottle of the ol' Southern Comfort, ostensibly to help cure my cold/cough so I can use the actual cough medicine for recreational purposes instead.   
Feelin' better already tbh. Also I've had about.... six shots or so worth of the stuff, so it's no wonder I'm feeling reasonably decent. ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 07, 2019, 10:21:55 am »

As a southern gentleman myself, I can tell you they call it southern comfort in reference to the global south, since it tastes like what dirt poor folks in guatemala make in a homemade still. Pretty strong yet watered down at the same time 😵

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 09, 2019, 06:56:15 pm »

Delicious! Those Guatamelan povvo cunts have it made.
Also I couldn't find any actual articles to explain the beginnings of the name, so I guess that's as good as any.

In other news, I just woke up on a train (the wrong train) with a durry in one jacket pocket and a packet of Maccas chips in the other. Huh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 10, 2019, 08:00:18 am »

Reminds me of the time a classmate/buddy in college woke up halfway between the bar and the school, on some stone steps. Luckily he woke up early, because the people who worked in the courthouse/cop shop were getting to work as he was walking back home.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: October 10, 2019, 09:22:21 am »

Bought some rhubarb wine last night, because rhubarb and my homebrew is still rotting in the closet. Turns out it was about double the ABV of the wines I'm used to and I had an empty stomach because we were in the middle of cooking dinner, so that was fun.

with a durry in one jacket pocket

Google insisted that I meant to type dhurrie. I'd love to see that.

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: October 12, 2019, 06:46:30 pm »

I have found a four-dollar clearance bottle of "Beer schnapps." Austrian import.

It's an icon of both fascination and dread, a gag gift partnered with a much nicer scotch for a birthday tomorrow.

At 30% ABV, it might be the cheapest liquor I have ever purchased.

"Inspired by Beer," it assures me on the back.

It haunts me from its corner of the room.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 12, 2019, 08:15:20 pm »

Hehe, they might as well said "beer-adjacent".  Scary!  I'd love to try a little.

Reminds me of a hard root beer I tried with a friend once.  Was exactly what it sounds like, super-sweet root beer (something I indulge in occasionally, despite generally eschewing sweets) masking a healthy dose of cheap liquor.  Good times.

Masking alcohol with sugar always goes *super* poorly for me, though XD

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 12, 2019, 09:35:58 pm »

My sweet tooth has more or less dissolved, save for the occasional pang for a bite of chocolate or so. Hard root beers just tend to come off as insufferably sweet, with entirely too much anise.

I've got one anise myself, thanks, rather not have a suger-bedazzled mouthful of another.

Slightly tempted to go see if there's any of it left and to buy out whatever's remaining in the clearance cart so I can gift it at other friends for giggles, as I'd only be out roughly a pub-cost beer per what is more or less probably beer-adjacent concentrate. Tomorrow will tell if the gag gift has any gift in it at all, or if it's the cheapest 'get-drunk-stuff' in the liquor cabinet, eh.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 12, 2019, 10:28:00 pm »

I've got one anise myself, thanks, rather not have a suger-bedazzled mouthful of another.

Ah, you're pronouncing it correctly.

Slightly tempted to go see if there's any of it left and to buy out whatever's remaining in the clearance cart so I can gift it at other friends for giggles, as I'd only be out roughly a pub-cost beer per what is more or less probably beer-adjacent concentrate. Tomorrow will tell if the gag gift has any gift in it at all, or if it's the cheapest 'get-drunk-stuff' in the liquor cabinet, eh.

As someone who convinced a few people to try the old 4-Lokos* before they got banned, this is the right kind of bad idea.

*a "malt liquor" made of almost 1 liter of vodka+redbull (except it tasted worse) with some kool-aid mix to cover the flavor (it did not succeed) of the rat poison or whatever red bull is made of.  They've taken out the caffeine now, so it no longer makes you wake up 5 hours later feeling like you're having a heart attack, which was an interesting side effect.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124