Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 168637 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1815 on: October 10, 2019, 08:00:18 am »

Reminds me of the time a classmate/buddy in college woke up halfway between the bar and the school, on some stone steps. Luckily he woke up early, because the people who worked in the courthouse/cop shop were getting to work as he was walking back home.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: October 10, 2019, 09:22:21 am »

Bought some rhubarb wine last night, because rhubarb and my homebrew is still rotting in the closet. Turns out it was about double the ABV of the wines I'm used to and I had an empty stomach because we were in the middle of cooking dinner, so that was fun.

with a durry in one jacket pocket

Google insisted that I meant to type dhurrie. I'd love to see that.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 12, 2019, 08:15:20 pm »

Hehe, they might as well said "beer-adjacent".  Scary!  I'd love to try a little.

Reminds me of a hard root beer I tried with a friend once.  Was exactly what it sounds like, super-sweet root beer (something I indulge in occasionally, despite generally eschewing sweets) masking a healthy dose of cheap liquor.  Good times.

Masking alcohol with sugar always goes *super* poorly for me, though XD
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 12, 2019, 10:28:00 pm »

I've got one anise myself, thanks, rather not have a suger-bedazzled mouthful of another.

Ah, you're pronouncing it correctly.

Slightly tempted to go see if there's any of it left and to buy out whatever's remaining in the clearance cart so I can gift it at other friends for giggles, as I'd only be out roughly a pub-cost beer per what is more or less probably beer-adjacent concentrate. Tomorrow will tell if the gag gift has any gift in it at all, or if it's the cheapest 'get-drunk-stuff' in the liquor cabinet, eh.

As someone who convinced a few people to try the old 4-Lokos* before they got banned, this is the right kind of bad idea.

*a "malt liquor" made of almost 1 liter of vodka+redbull (except it tasted worse) with some kool-aid mix to cover the flavor (it did not succeed) of the rat poison or whatever red bull is made of.  They've taken out the caffeine now, so it no longer makes you wake up 5 hours later feeling like you're having a heart attack, which was an interesting side effect.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 18, 2019, 01:25:36 am »

OGDKF X-PIRATEZ
SO um a while back I found the youtube channel of a text/screenshot-RPer I really enjoyed (it-he software, tapewolf), and was fricken floored by his voice.

Yeah, this... kinda keeps happening.  I read or even exchange messages with someone, naturally "hearing" their words in my own voice, right?  For some time.  Months, maybe over a year - then I happen to hear their actual voice somehow.

It's always deeper, but omigosh this, and the accent-
I'm sorry, this is super inappropriate, but Dioxine sounds fucking hot.
And I'm pretty sure his weird (insane, impractical) fuck-the-rules anarchy outlook means that this's fine, since I have no intention of making it any weirder than this statement of admiration.  Frick, what a guy.

I was going to link to the LP in question but tbh I'm only 20 seconds into 1 and a quarter hours, and there's a good chance there's forum-inappropriate stuff.  Though only if it came up, he's not some edgelord.  agh soo cool!

Edit: brb looking up the three hour argument we had about the trolley problem, but this time his side is a sweet deep Polish accent

Edit2: got gin (DRINK OF THE PEOPLE) as payment for computer repair.  not really good at computer repair, but guess I know enough.  Life is amazing, haaa...

Edit3: (all within like 3 minutes lol) I wanna be a djinn like my DND character got cursed to be!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 01:33:31 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 19, 2019, 03:16:28 am »

Head hurt.
I have some beers in the fridge, though. Gods, that's a nice feeling.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 24, 2019, 08:11:15 pm »

Bought some 7.5% beer. Drank entirely too much of it. I'm nominally watching Christopher Odd play The Outer Worlds and "playing" Soda Dungeon on Steam but I've no clue what's going on on the former and every time I check in on the latter my team of healers has gone another 25-30 levels into the dungeon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 24, 2019, 08:41:11 pm »

Dammit I'm getting wrekt in Stellaris of all things, but this crisp white tastes real nice.
Gonna sleep well very soon, early morning!
She/they

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 25, 2019, 08:06:33 am »

Bought some 7.5% beer. Drank entirely too much of it.

So are we talking 1.5 liters? How much is too much?

It's been hot, so I've been starting evenings off with a refreshing 1/2 liter Kasteel Rouge. The bottles are much better, but I don't think I could drink much of them. Then I finish the evening with 2 other beers, strength chosen based on how badly I need to sleep (I think last night was only 6-ish%, 10.2 the nights before).

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: October 25, 2019, 08:22:38 am »

So are we talking 1.5 liters? How much is too much?

Only a liter. It wasn't blackout or anything, just had a really good buzz going really good and found it hard to focus on the games.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: October 25, 2019, 04:19:40 pm »

No, I'm gonna leave my terrifying rantings alone... Nobody needs to see or hear that.

Plenty of IPAs tonight, including a strange little number called "All-Seeing Eye", which is a delectable coffee and blueberry milkshake IPA (but that by no means fits the standardized "IPA" profile).

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: October 27, 2019, 10:07:40 pm »

Plenty of IPAs tonight, including a strange little number called "All-Seeing Eye", which is a delectable coffee and blueberry milkshake IPA (but that by no means fits the standardized "IPA" profile).

Coffee IPA? So was it like a porter?

I did just have an Old Rasputin, which tasted like a maltier IPA. I think that's actually the falvor I'm looking for. A bit hoppy, but also with the maltiness to balance it out.

I'm not sure why people can drink coffe but not dark beer. Or how to type.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 28, 2019, 03:49:49 am »

Apparently either I'm deaf or the people working there are dorks... The beer isn't called "All-seeing Eye" at all, it's "Beans & Berries" by Lervig and Mikkeller.

And no, I wouldn't call it a porter, as it's still sort of a pale... The actual color is a slightly murky pinkish red, and it's just this light and fruity beer that tastes like... Coffee and blueberries. It's not malty, it's just got the fruity sweetness instead.

And hearing an imperial stout described as a "maltier IPA" is making my head spin a little bit.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: October 28, 2019, 08:41:21 am »

And hearing an imperial stout described as a "maltier IPA" is making my head spin a little bit.

Similar hoppiness and abv, but tastes good.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 30, 2019, 04:47:07 am »

Perhaps it's just been flying under my radar, but seems a lot more places now are joining the IBU bandwagon.

Okay, I get that it's a useful thing to help judge beer before you drink, but some people are just getting silly with it. Plus, I don't see drinking many beers to find one you enjoy a bad thing.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 141