Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: True Brigands Independent.  (Read 34233 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
True Brigands Independent.
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:46:17 pm »

Lowest of the lows, that what you are. Maybe you fallen on hard times, maybe you were famed, maybe you just ran away from home and needed to survive. Regardless, you are a brigand and proud of it or at least don't argue too much someone call you one.

You and your gang of six(including you) were setting up camp when a girl stumble into the clearing. Her clothes are high class and her face is young, making her most likely a teenager daughter of one of the nearby lords. You wonder how much you could ransom her for when a group of guards bust into the clearing.

For a moment, you think that was fast for a recovery, but then you notice details. The torn and lightly blooded clothes of the girl, the leery look of the guards and their drawn weapons, the look of despair on the girl's face at the guards. This is not a simple runaway.

With an anger born from the knowledge of the guards plan, you and your men spring into action. The guards, tired out from the chase and not thinking that they would face any resistance, are quickly cut down.

The surprise on the girl's face on being saved by what is, to her, utter scum is clear, but she recover quickly “Thank you.” she says. You grumble back a 'it' nothing' back, going back to working out a number for the ransom. She think and then asked “If it not to much trouble, I would like to hire you for a...quest.” you tilt your head, indicating you're listening.

She draw herself to her full height(not much) “I am princess Joan Amy Lindwurm of Eidechse and I wish for help to reclaim my kingdom.” You blink. Seem you're a little out of touch with current events.

The princess recount her tale and you throw out giving her up for a reward. The invader, King Norman of Sabre does not allow bandits to live, regardless of deeds and the kingdom of  Eidechse knew you well enough to put out wanted posters so passing yourselves as simple mercenaries or the like with most likely not work. Waiting for this to blow over is also foolish, since once Norman has put down any resistances, he going to comb the forest for you and any other bandits. His hatred of brigands is something else, you say.

You also think of ransoming her to an ally nation, but then you remember the two types of bandits, the ones who try to blackmail kings and those who still alive. Seem like you need to 'quest' here.

Game info:
Six players, not first come first served. No former lords or illegitimate heirs, you are all commoners.

Spoiler: Character's sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Also think of a word for your gang to be known as.

Active
Spoiler: Worroca(Taricus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie(kaian-a-coel) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weseal(GreatWyrmGold) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyle(kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hrothgar(Nerjin) (click to show/hide)
Waitlist
darkpaladin109
Lidku
NPC
Spoiler: Princess Joan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party's inv (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:48:15 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The (TBI) Brigands
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:54:18 pm »

Spoiler: Hrothgar the Barbarian (click to show/hide)

I vote we call ourselves "The Dark Precipice"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 04:56:33 pm »

Name: Kyle 'Breaker' (Earned after what he did to a former colleague attempted rape. Silly guy fell out the window... onto his everything. Twice.) Also known as 'lover boy' for his tendencies.
Looks: Tanned from his roving days before becoming a brigand this man has a scar that inspires respect. One would think Kyle is a thief from the hood he wears and the concealing garments he wears. Nope, he's a mage. His eyes are brown like his hair. When he was a rover he would sing for his supper and preform for lesser nobles before deciding banditry was better work... Well, at least he has some friends.
Backstory: Left his home after he killed a lord's son. He stabs people asking why more than he can handle.
Class: Sorcerer
Weapon: Bow

Vote for:  The merry men.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:00:22 am by kj1225 »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 05:10:40 pm »

Name: Borman the Mighty
Looks: A scarred, muscular, long haired man in his thirties. His left eye is gone, with a big scar running across where it should be. He wears an eyepatch over his left eye.
Backstory: Borman was a son of a village woodcuttter. When he grew up, he became a mercenary, where he became famous for his strength, earning him his nickname. While still a mercenary, he was reckless in combat, receiving many scars, until he was blinded in one eye by an barbarian.  Since that day, he was more careful in combat. He was forced to become a bandit after one of his employers, a high-ranking noble attempted to use him as a scapegoat in his plan. The noble was caught eventually, but Borman knows that he can't return to a more "normal" life, as he would be swiftly executed or imprisoned due to his deeds as a bandit.
Class: Bandit
Weapon: Sword

I suggest we call ourselves "The Law Runners".
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:14:16 pm by darkpaladin109 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 05:18:01 pm »

No preference for the name.

((How pseudo-medieval is this game going to be, by the way?))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 05:25:28 pm »

((BCC's Merlin would be the best baseline I can think of(I only watched the first season so if Camelot got tvs in the second, disregard that.)))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 05:26:13 pm »

((BCC's Merlin would be the best baseline I can think of(I only watched the first season so if Camelot got tvs in the second, disregard that.)))
((So Ho yay abound and not getting another season?))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 05:26:27 pm »

((...

Well I've never watched that, so... bugger.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »

((Oh... well.

Also, is it possible to court the princess?))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 05:31:05 pm »

Name: Jorgack
Looks: A strongly muscled frame of a Bandit. He has a long mohawk and a double braided beard. He is young, particularly 24.
Backstory: Jorgack was found crying in front a goblin tower. Instead of the degenerates slaying him, they raised him as their own. When old enough his Father drafted him to be in a goblin raiding party. They would travel the landscape killing, terrorizing , pillage, any settlement. When he became of age he left his home to go see the world. Jorgack didn't have much job opportunties then this.
Class:Bandit
Weapon: Sword

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 05:31:08 pm »

((...

Well I've never watched that, so... bugger.))
(How about Robin Hood(any of them.) but with magic that feared)

((Oh... well.

Also, is it possible to court the princess?))
*Look up Kj's sheet*(It will be uphill for you, but yes)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 05:32:02 pm »

(How about Robin Hood(any of them.) but with magic that feared)

((Ah. So the Middle Ages through rose-tinted glasses then. Excellent.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 05:32:58 pm »

((Ah, so my usual agenda of banging the plot important NPC can be realized. Excellent.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 05:36:29 pm »

Name: Worroca
Looks: Tanned skin (Genetic tan, not sunned.), black hair, green eyes. Tends to wear a hood and bandanna to keep his face concealed.
Backstory: Worroca was a former serf on the land of a minor baron, though for him, he cares not about his former life any more. Having run off in the search of more money, Worroca ended up intertwined with several bandit groups over the course of a few years. Still youth and hearty, Worroca finds that banditry is a joy on it's own, and profitable  when the caravan has something valuable.

The recent appearance of nobility into the group have upset his plans. Worroca cafes at the thought of serving a noble, despite the fact the new one may care more about the bandits in the kingdom (Which is fine, atleast he gives a damn about the safety of the roads atleast). In his own opinion, he'd push the princess of the next bridge/cliff/roof/etc they went on...

Weapon: Sword (Since we can't get maces, knives, spears and those kinds of cheap weapons, while still having swords >.>)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 05:40:52 pm »

Name: Annie, nicknamed "Hands off" as in "keep you hands off me or I'll stab you"
Looks: Average, she could've been called attractive without the scars and the perpetual absence of a smile. She cut her black hairs very short for combat practicality.
Backstory: Annie used to work at a tavern, but never took very kindly the "affection" of customers. One rainy day, she was tasked with dumping waste outside. The rain made her clothes cling to her skin and show off her forms, much to the delight of passing males. One of them, a guard, showed a little too much "affection" and ended up stabbed in the neck. Annie fled to escape justice and became a bandit. She doesn't trust males and is stab-happy when people get too close.
Weapon: Sword (stolen from the guard she stabbed years ago).

EDIT: GODDAMNIT, NINJA'D by two applications, now I'm seventh.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29