Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What to mod to encourage Necromancers?  (Read 1415 times)

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What to mod to encourage Necromancers?
« on: January 27, 2014, 05:45:01 am »

OK, is there anything that could be altered without messing up the game so that more Necromancers are created and make it to towerhood during Worldgen?
 Even with secret types at 1000 one tower will be lucky to make it up, and I was considering the fun that could be had if dozens or more did.
 Everything I've tried so far has been more or less entirely ineffectual.
 Thanks

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What to mod to encourage Necromancers?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:26 am »

My own tests have shown the following:

The main problem is that procedurally generated secrets always belong to only one sphere: DEATH. Thus only gods of death can create slabs and grant mortals their secrets. And every god can create maximum 1 slab per secret during world gen, and also gods have long cooldown on slabs they create, about several hundreds of years.

Simple solution is to add more spheres to your secrets, making more gods capable of creating slabs. You may also make your civilizations worship right spheres, for that you need to alter religion-related tokens for your entities.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:45:57 am by Raidau »
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:11:39 am »

Thanks, i tried just adding Death as a Sphere to more entities and it didn't really work. But the other way around as you suggest, sounds like a winner, especially alongside.

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 09:33:11 am »

Adding several spheres under one [I_SOURCE:SECRET] token isnt best way, to my mind, so i use different sources for same interaction (you may define more than one, any of them will work).

Here some raws from my master vampire secret (for slabs to be created and books to be written you need to add  [IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:...]). Works just as it should. A god will perform this interaction once per ~100-200 years even if he has several of these spheres.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 10:15:24 pm »

Thanks!