Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood  (Read 59570 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: The Captain's Log- Spiritwood
« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2010, 07:22:06 pm »

Nice update. Sorry for your loss Cirius. Didn't see the post till just now. :(
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 15, 2010, 02:54:21 am »

yay! my nevro wasn't in vain *wink wink*  ::)

anyway nice story so far
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 18, 2010, 03:38:02 am »

I've finished reading this. An excellent tale so far. I'd like to see more, but with my dwarf in it.

Name: Jima
Gender: Female (Not enough female characters in this thing)
Profession: Woodlands Expert (Plant Gathering, Plant Processing)
Description: Unusually thin and tall for a dwarf, this young dwarf's beard has yet to fully grow. She possesses a remarkable knowledge about forest life, almost as if she has spent a lifetime living in it. However, there's something... not quite right about her. She's not nearly as clumsy as a dwarf and not constantly drunk like them, and she flinches every time she sees a tree felled. And nobody can remember seeing her before the group arrived at Spiritwood.... (Hint: She is an elven spy)

Of course, put her into the story as you see fit, and feel free to change any details you want.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saga Master of Spiritwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 18, 2010, 10:14:32 am »

You make a very good point about the lack of female characters. It wasn't planned, and I'll probably be fixing that once I start going back to edit book one. I am however bringing in many new characters for the second book of Spiritwood, which we're about to gallop headlong into, so you've probably picked the best possible time to be asking for inclusion. Might have to do a little tuning with the character bio, but there's sure to be room for her.

Cirius is feeling tired. He has recently driven a great distance in a rather uncomfortable car. He has seen a rather comfortable sofa lately. He is pondering downloading Dwarf Fortress to his father-in-laws laptop...
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 31, 2010, 07:54:25 pm »

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 31, 2010, 08:00:16 pm »

I find this unsettling that Cirius wasn't active for a month already.

Propably life issues, poor dude.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2010, 06:34:55 pm »

Bumpity bump.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 09, 2010, 10:45:17 am »

Or he's deceased. That would suck.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 11, 2010, 06:01:42 pm »

Or he's deceased. That would suck.

nah, he won't be dead, his spirit would haunt the forum's otherwise
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 12, 2010, 08:01:43 am »

That would be my perfect heaven. To haunt the web for eternity.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 16, 2010, 11:37:02 pm »

It would definatly be entertaining.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 04, 2011, 05:42:50 pm »

ka bump :)
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Lagg

• Bay Watcher
  • Give me a hammer and I'll call it a nail.
    • View Profile
    • OPTF2
« Reply #372 on: October 17, 2012, 04:15:41 am »

Well, it seems Cirius has been active lately. About a week ago. I hate to bump but I read this whole thing a year or so ago and just rediscovered it. This is a mighty fine read and I'd like to see it continued, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Please come back to us Cirius.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2014, 10:24:39 pm »

Dorf please

Thanatos

Male

Warrior/whaler

Wears all black clothes including cloak and hood which allows you to only see mouth. Has two sheathes crossed on back which holds scimitar's(curved swords) . Also had circular sheathes which hold harpoons and javelins.

Is usually very calm and let's out pent up emotions while attacking enemies. Is very analytical when observing enemy. War cry is "for the socks". Is second in command of courageous bolts but was doing scouting of forest. Is former adventurer. Has a distinct hatred of elves and goblins if loses hood or other clothing you will see a lot of scars as teenager was captured defending home. Was tortured by captured elves and goblins for a year before escape. So he does not know real name only made up name. Does not drink because it makes him loose focus. Is very good at hiding in trees and jumping branch to branch. Also sleeps in trees. Which he does do very often. He always has these weird things called cigarettes in his mouth and lights on fire with a lighter. Has had accidents involving lighter and beard some in trees.  Is very tense and is always wAtching for enemy . Prefers darkness. When at center of forest will meet up with caravan.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2014, 02:57:18 am »

... Two years since the last update...

Please be less clueless when you necro.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]