Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Notable Let's Players. On Youtube or elsewhere.  (Read 29400 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Notable Let's Players. On Youtube or elsewhere.
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:17:31 am »

Well, this was mentioned in one of the many threads with thousands of replies in General stuff about two days ago, so I thought "Hey, I like Let's Plays, and I know a bunch of Let's Players. Why don't I create that topic?"

So here it is. Post Let's Players you watch. Preferably with a link and a brief overview of what type of games they play the most and anything else of note. I'll include a brief scale of swearing since that can be an issue for some, myself included in some regards.

I'll start this train wreck a-rollin.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There we go, that's all the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll remember some more later (there's a let's player here I know I watched a series on "Jurrasic Park: Trespasser" but I can't remember his account name). 

Feel Free to add anyone you know of.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:29:19 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Notable Let's Players. On Youtube or elsewhere.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 01:30:02 am »

You might want to note that Yathzee19 is somewhere between Moderate and Near Constant Swearing.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 01:49:15 am »

The Let's Play Archive - Completed Let's Plays from Something Awful. I've not found any that were particularly bad, and they run the gamut from serious completionist to funny game-breaking.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 02:38:35 am »

Men Drinkin' Coffee: Nationality is a secret to everyone. A group of Let's Players consisting of Judge Reinhold, Diaper Chris and No Internet Name Anthony. Focus mostly on terrible games. Commentary is always positive about the game, regardless of quality. Very humorous, often sarcastic or self-deprecating. Update schedule is sporadic. Notable for being the only people to say something sincerely nice about Ride to Hell: Retribution and for making the only good Minecraft LP.
Minimal swearing.

Chip & Ironicus: American Let's Players. Focus mostly on popular, sometimes on terrible AAA games. Chip usually plays and records the game, then comments on it together with Ironicus who hasn't seen the game before. Commentary is informative and humorous, very focused on the game. Updates weekly.
Minimal to moderate swearing.

Raocow: French-Canadian Let's Player. Plays mostly platformers and ROM hacks, almost exclusively free games. Highly skilled at platforming. Non-sequitur commentary, very good at quickly making up nonsense. Always focused on the game. Very jolly and energetic person. Releases videos daily.
Minimal/No English swearing, moderate French swearing.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 02:52:40 am »

Just to note Aavaak is a Bay12er.  :P
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 03:30:17 am »

One F Jef (Also known as Jefmajor): Nationality - USA? Focuses on a wide variety of genres (Strategy, Sims, RPG, etc), most of which are made from Indie Studios, extra bonus points for LP videos of rouguelikes! - Cataclysm, ToME, Prospector and of course Dwarf Fortress! (Both Fortress and Adventure Modes). Commentary is usually enjoyable and humorous yet informative. Minimal/to no swearing (iirc)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 03:49:07 am »

Slowbeef and Diabetus: American Let's Players. Their joint channel is Retsupurae, where they riff on bad video LPs, as well as on longplays (commentaryless playthroughs made by someone else) of games, usually really bad ones, or at least ones most people wouldn't want to play personally, but would want to see for the entertaining/riffable stuff. Separately they also do LPs and streams with viewer calls. Notable example - Dark Seed.
Moderate swearing.

Two Best Friends: Canadian Let's Players. Despite the name, there can be anywhere between 2 to 4 people involved. They do both first-impression compilations of gameplay (for Machinima) as well as full LPs. Mostly restricted to console games, usually Japanese stuff. Tend to be self-referential. Notable example - Silent Hill Downpour.
Moderate swearing.

Bro Team: Canadian Let's Player. Actually usually one guy. Does compilation videos, parodying "bro" mentality, or just flying off into inanity. Also does streams of random games with multiple other people. Notable example - Mass Effect 3.
Moderate-high swearing.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 06:51:10 am »

Just to note Aavak is a Bay12er.  :P

Indeed I am :D

As it happens, it was through a post on this 'ere forum, a few years ago, that I found out about LPing. One F Jef posted something referencing one of his LCS videos. Not being good at the game, but loving it all the same, I checked out the video hoping for tips... what I got was more like the Oompa Loompa powered boat ride through the tunnel in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (The Gene Wilder one, obviously ;P)

Needless to say, it hooked me, and a little over a year ago I decided to try my hand at it myself. :)

As Toriad mentioned, Jef should certainly be on the list, though I'd say Minimal to moderate for swearing, though I think that comes down to what you consider a swear word heh.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:51:46 am »

A few more:
  • Achievement Hunter: An offshoot from Roosterteeth, a famous Machinima channel. AH has a fixed(ish) schedule of: Let's Play GTAV Mondays, Let's Build in Minecraft Tuesdays, Let's Play Wednesdays (Usually either a Co-op game or a competitive 4-or-6-person game), VS Thursdays (One member of the AH crew challenges another to beat them in a video game) and Let's Play Minecraft Fridays. There are sometimes irregular additions to this lineup, as well.
  • Nerdcubed: British Let's Player whose Dad recently joined him in making Let's Play videos. He has several different series as well: Nerd Plays, which is a regular Let's Play; Nerd Completes, which is where he aims to fully complete a game; Nerd 101, where he plays an early-access game; Nerd Challenges, where he completes a specific challenge in a specific game; and Little and Cubed, a collaboration with another Let's Player, InTheLittleWood, also known as Yogscast's Martyn.
  • Seananners: Part of a group of Let's Players that usually includes Mr Sark, GassyMexican, ChilledChaos, and Hutch (Along with irregular members like GoldGlove and EatMyDiction1), of late they've been making a lot of videos in the various gamemodes of GMod, but they also include GTAV and Skate 3 among their played games.
  • Quill18: A big name in the Paradox Interactive community, he usually plays grand strategy games like Europa Universalis and Civilization V.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 07:53:10 am »

Quick list of most of the Let's players I follow, don't have much in the way of descriptions of them except they are hobbyist LPers who for the most part just play games record a bit of commentary, simple and enjoyable, no like/comment/subscribe begging or facecams plastered over their videos or any crap like that.

Plump Helmet Punk (Got his start on bay12 afaik though he doesn't advertise himself)

One of Jef (Got his start on bay12 as well)

InfernoCanuck (Really enjoy the Fallout 3 Roleplay playthrough he's doing)

SKS Plays

Blankdoor (Another Bay12er if you haven't noticed his threads in Play with your buddies)

Veriax (Don't watch too much of his stuff these days but he has some good stuff)

Aavak Already mentioned, (and he's posted) he's alright though I don't get on with the intros and outros he's started doing but that's just a minor quip of mine.

Allaunira

Acciyn (He doesn't upload much though)

Tailmange (Does simulator videos which are interesting to watch)

Grimith (He always has a good video to watch, also a bay12er but only on the Curses subforum for Liberal Crime Squad)

GetDaved (Doesn't upload much I'm interested in these days but he's had some good playlists)

Effing Controller

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:55:58 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 09:37:35 am »

Oh god. Thanks for the list.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 10:33:26 am »

One F Jef (Also known as Jefmajor): Nationality - USA? Focuses on a wide variety of genres (Strategy, Sims, RPG, etc), most of which are made from Indie Studios, extra bonus points for LP videos of rouguelikes! - Cataclysm, ToME, Prospector and of course Dwarf Fortress! (Both Fortress and Adventure Modes). Commentary is usually enjoyable and humorous yet informative. Minimal/to no swearing (iirc)
Cataclysm, ToME, Prospector and of course Dwarf Fortress! (Both Fortress and Adventure Modes). Commentary is usually enjoyable and humorous yet informative. Minimal/to no swearing (iirc)
Minimal/to no swearing (iirc)
no swearing

OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 10:41:33 am »

X is a great LPer. Can't provide a link ATM. He's British and he has a beard, but his accent isn't very strong. He got pretty well-known doing one of the first minecraft LPs waaaaaay back in alpha. He doesn't swear, at all.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 11:27:08 am »

One F Jef (Also known as Jefmajor): no swearing

OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
I'll second werty :P
If you think Jef doesn't swear you haven't seen much of him.

Also, to add to the list and describe Grimith a bit better: Very good at Civ 4 and LCS. Plays a lot of games, some of them co-op with LethalFeline. Has Swearing.

Malkasphia, who plays strategy games at high difficulties usually well, currently playing an average diff game of factorio to prepare for the superhard one he was going to do next. Sometimes swearing.

NakaTeleeli (or Naka), who tends to play a variety of games, things like an entire series of R-Type games, Persona 4, a touhou platformer game, Paper Mario. Minimal swearing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 12:18:40 pm »

You can't spell Let's Play without the German Gronkh. Although there is a disturbing absence of any letter-similarity whatsoever, as i have just noticed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gronkh

1250 Minecraft videos, 5100 total uploads.
Pages: [1] 2 3