Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319220 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12255 on: January 17, 2015, 07:15:28 am »

And that is going to be your next project.
Actually, I remember how a laser grenade was talked about but denied as lasers require a focused beam for at least a couple seconds to do any real damage, but what about a Gauss grenade? Just a layer of fragile metal plates surrounding a magnet that when activated makes anyone in the room diced bad guy, could that work?

So, like a normal grenade, but more expensive?
I thought we didn't have grenades, I checked the armory and while it said we had other types of grenades, I assumed that normal grenades acted under the same way as gunpowder weapons*, as in, they were just too weak to pierce any kind of modern time Armour in that universe.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: January 17, 2015, 07:16:25 am »

And that is going to be your next project.
Actually, I remember how a laser grenade was talked about but denied as lasers require a focused beam for at least a couple seconds to do any real damage, but what about a Gauss grenade? Just a layer of fragile metal plates surrounding a magnet that when activated makes anyone in the room diced bad guy, could that work?

So, like a normal grenade, but more expensive?
I thought we didn't have grenades, I checked the armory and while it said we had other types of grenades, I assumed that normal grenades acted under the same way as gunpowder weapons*, as in, they were just too weak to pierce any kind of modern time Armour in that universe.

We do, they just seem not to have been added yet. Strange. Feel like doing some quote hunting?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: January 17, 2015, 07:25:00 am »

*Snip*
5.How many traditional fragmentation grenades with an effective kill radius of fifteen meters could you get for one token, assuming we made them standard?  For comparison, one token currently gets five smoke bombs, or six paralysis gas canisters.
Depends on their design, but you could probably get 3 or so.

((I was tempted to just not post this, because PW might give a better deal...  But that would be wrong.))
Well, there's PW's official pricing for good old hand grenades.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: January 17, 2015, 07:34:01 am »

*Snip*
5.How many traditional fragmentation grenades with an effective kill radius of fifteen meters could you get for one token, assuming we made them standard?  For comparison, one token currently gets five smoke bombs, or six paralysis gas canisters.
Depends on their design, but you could probably get 3 or so.

((I was tempted to just not post this, because PW might give a better deal...  But that would be wrong.))
Well, there's PW's official pricing for good old hand grenades.

Maybe you could add it to the armory page? Your very first edit is always special, and this seems to be a handy item to know about.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:36:47 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: January 17, 2015, 08:19:20 am »

Jump down the hole and join Chief in her exploring. High endurance, robobody, mk3, I should be fine.

What is your plan to get out of the hole? Rockets and fire?
Give Chief a rope an toss her out of the hole. She ties rope to something and I climb out.

Alternatively, if I want to be boring, use a grappling hook.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:23:14 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: January 17, 2015, 08:49:59 am »

Give Chief a rope an toss her out of the hole. She ties rope to something and I climb out.

Alternatively, if I want to be boring, use a grappling hook.

Or if you want to be super boring, just have one of the two zombies out by the hole do the whole tying thing instead after tossing them a rope.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12261 on: January 17, 2015, 12:15:02 pm »

All of the potions are going to have really weird effects, aren't they.
I experimented a bit with PW's potion generator, and at least 30% of the effects were so weird I couldn't wrap my mind around them.

Quote from: Just.. what
Potency: Average
Nature: Horrible
Type: Alterant: Alters aspects of reality
Key Interactions: Scythe, pleasure
Duration: 13 hours

Quote from: I assume this is an anti-Milno potion
Nature: Negative
Type: Elixir: Alters existent physical, mental or spiritual properties
Key Interactions: Badger, Toxin
Duration: 3 days

Quote from: What does this do and how is it positive?
Nature: Positive
Key Interactions: folded, organ
Duration: 27 minutes

Quote from: This is weird in a different way. Whip phobia?
Nature: Neutral
Key Interactions: Whip, afraid
Duration: Permanent

There's really a lot of stuff that depends heavily on interpretation, so given the GM we have... yeah, it's all going to be be weird.
I've found that the most interesting stuff comes from semi-vague suggestions.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12262 on: January 17, 2015, 07:54:59 pm »

I thought of a good tactic for countering a sod climbing on your mobility battlesuit: get off the ground and start spinning around as fast as possible. Nobody human should be able to hold on. Unfortunately, due to the strain involved this probably shouldn't be attempted by people with organic bodies. Probably better to use the ESDF or just roll on the floor like you're covered in ants.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: January 17, 2015, 08:58:31 pm »

Well, there is also the Claymore anti-boarding system... And somehow, I doubt a battlesuit, even a mobility-type one, could spin as fast as you mean there, with organic-body driver severely inconvenienced and all.
Also, I remember the mobility battlesuit lacking one of the defensive systems, either the claymore mines or the electro-surface  - Or was it the melee type? I'm confused, and wiki doesn't have the slightest idea.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12264 on: January 17, 2015, 09:14:51 pm »

Why not? It's got thrusters powerful enough to lift a giant elevator, I bet overcoming drag to achieve ridiculous spin wouldn't be that hard.
And last time I checked mobility battlesuits had ESDF, since I used it on Hephaestus and worked with it in Tinker, so it might be the claymore it's missing, if it is indeed missing anything.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: January 18, 2015, 03:14:46 am »

I thought of a good tactic for countering a sod climbing on your mobility battlesuit: get off the ground and start spinning around as fast as possible. Nobody human should be able to hold on. Unfortunately, due to the strain involved this probably shouldn't be attempted by people with organic bodies. Probably better to use the ESDF or just roll on the floor like you're covered in ants.

Another solution: cover battlesuit's outer surface (not the feet, though) with one of those frictionless materials. Or just lubricate it excessively.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: January 18, 2015, 03:20:51 am »

How about you clean the paintjob on your battlesuit? Remember there's still mindfucking painting underneath it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: January 18, 2015, 06:34:01 am »

Simple way to prevent sods in yer battlesuit - change the emergency release location, put landmine where it used to be.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: January 18, 2015, 06:45:13 am »

Simple way to prevent sods in yer battlesuit - change the emergency release location, put landmine where it used to be.

No need for a landmine, even. Just put it somewhere else and laugh as they stare blankly at where it should be. Wonder how much adaptability they actually have in relation to that.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: January 18, 2015, 08:08:57 am »

I think we should start composing music. Given the occasional terrific results of handi, aux and other "nice & harmless" rolls, we are bound to recreate the Soundworm sooner or later.
And then we'll weaponize it and unleash on our helpless enemies.

Piecewise, we need Musicality as a new stat!  :P
(At the very least, it would settle the matter of [Flute] rolls ;) )
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 2205