Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2354912 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12270 on: January 18, 2015, 06:10:28 pm »

I think we should start composing music. Given the occasional terrific results of handi, aux and other "nice & harmless" rolls, we are bound to recreate the Soundworm sooner or later.
And then we'll weaponize it and unleash on our helpless enemies.

Piecewise, we need Musicality as a new stat!  :P
(At the very least, it would settle the matter of [Flute] rolls ;) )
I need to add an "Everything else" stat. For when I don't know what the fuck to roll.

Unrelated, but I've released a new generator. This one generates fairly realistic drugs, with the emphasis on street drugs, as opposed to pharmacudicals. Because as much fun as generating gout medications with names like " Black-twist" would be, it does seem a bit off.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: January 18, 2015, 06:18:28 pm »

I think we should start composing music. Given the occasional terrific results of handi, aux and other "nice & harmless" rolls, we are bound to recreate the Soundworm sooner or later.

I need to add an "Everything else" stat. For when I don't know what the fuck to roll.

Unrelated, but I've released a new generator. This one generates fairly realistic drugs, with the emphasis on street drugs, as opposed to pharmacudicals. Because as much fun as generating gout medications with names like " Black-twist" would be, it does seem a bit off.
Can it give me that drug from Judge Dredd?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: January 18, 2015, 06:25:36 pm »

Wouldn't playing an instrument be a charisma roll?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: January 18, 2015, 06:29:26 pm »

Slo-mo? I think the Dex pill does that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12274 on: January 18, 2015, 06:34:31 pm »

It can give you one that increases your reflexes, but like I said, they're fairly realistic. No perceiving time at 100th the normal speed or going super buff like Bane on venom.

Though, creating a generator that DID make those kind of drugs is possible too. Easy even. Just change a few lists.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: January 18, 2015, 06:35:23 pm »

What about that one from that one movie that made you intelligent as shit?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12276 on: January 18, 2015, 06:49:26 pm »

You mean NZT from Limitless or something else?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: January 18, 2015, 06:52:29 pm »

Yes. I never watched the movie so I don't know what ruinous side effects it has, but they're probably there.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12278 on: January 18, 2015, 07:30:21 pm »

It might take a while to gen that specifically (since it ends in death right?) but yeah, increased mental acuity and capacity is one of the Primary effects it can choose from.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: January 18, 2015, 10:59:54 pm »

Yes. I never watched the movie so I don't know what ruinous side effects it has, but they're probably there.

Withdraw symptoms making you a permanent idiot unless you're always popping pills.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: January 19, 2015, 04:13:50 am »

Oh, in the movie it's a bit of an interesting situation, because it sends a slightly mixed message on that. It's all like "yeah, dude, there's this drug that makes you superintelligent, but you can't get off it, and if you try, you end up dead or looking like a meth addict, and you sometimes black out and lose long stretches of time, and you start to lose yourself and... nah, just kidding, just don't take more than one per trip and don't mix it with alcohol you'll be perfectly fine, no ruinous side effects whatsoever, unlike any other thing that messes with your brain. And people who you can't relate to very well because of your habit won't mind eventually."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12281 on: January 19, 2015, 04:20:14 am »

Seems like drug perfect for the HMRC.
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12282 on: January 19, 2015, 08:39:36 am »

Well, the movie was quite optimistic, yeah, the original story was far more darker and depressed. For instance, "... and you may or may not become a murderer or something during those black-outs" was a tad better explored there.

Still the perfect drug for the HMRC, I am afraid.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12283 on: January 19, 2015, 11:56:37 am »

I just had the weirdest dream ever during which Xan became an anime villain in a manipulative relationship with Kriyella's avatar. He retained all his powers, except they were enhanced - he seemed like he was made of water.
I remember posting something about shadow powers too.
PW's roll description about Kri's critfail on resisting seduction after Xan got teleported to Mission 16, which promptly became irrelevant, was 'congratulations, you've been seduced by a sadistic immortal bastard who starts his relationships with classic abuse behaviours and ramps up from there. Have fun~'
Edit2: it was also specifically kri's avatar or something like that. My subconscious was very insistent that no, it's not Skylar, it's not Kri himself (at least I think you're male, Kriyella, I don't think I ever checked), it was the avatar.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:10:44 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12284 on: January 19, 2015, 03:06:56 pm »

That's an interesting dream 0.o
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 2205