Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2352666 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12300 on: January 20, 2015, 02:21:48 pm »

Demand a refund for having the same unique potion as someone else. Dispose of snot by rubbing on the nearest person who isn't paying attention. Preferably someone not in a suit, heh heh.
How do you get a refund on something that was free?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: January 20, 2015, 04:10:22 pm »

How hard is it to set up a Google Doc?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: January 20, 2015, 04:11:05 pm »

Extremely easy.

Log in with your Google account, go to the dropdown on the Google front page, and there's a button for Drive (which is what was Docs was.)  Should be an obvious option there for a new document.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: January 20, 2015, 04:12:55 pm »

Extremely easy.

Log in with your Google account, go to the dropdown on the Google front page, and there's a button for Drive (which is what was Docs was.)  Should be an obvious option there for a new document.
Just what I wanted to hear, thank you!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: January 20, 2015, 07:45:50 pm »

Hey, guess what I played for hours instead of doing what I should have been doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Tis pretty cool.

Oh my god this looks amazing!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: January 20, 2015, 08:03:44 pm »

I thought the same, and ended up looking up gameplay videos (which are very sparse).  The most interesting part of them was watching their poorly designed contraptions explode unexpectedly.

The game itself, at it's current stage, seems pretty simple and basic.  The challenges (that I saw, at least) aren't very difficult, and everything aside from the physics is very basic.  The enemy troops don't even seem to have real animations- they're just little statues that hop.  Vehicle customization didn't seem to have much variety, either.

Not worth money in it's current state, in my opinion.  Piecewise might be able to give a more accurate description though.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12306 on: January 20, 2015, 08:49:27 pm »

I thought the same, and ended up looking up gameplay videos (which are very sparse).  The most interesting part of them was watching their poorly designed contraptions explode unexpectedly.

The game itself, at it's current stage, seems pretty simple and basic.  The challenges (that I saw, at least) aren't very difficult, and everything aside from the physics is very basic.  The enemy troops don't even seem to have real animations- they're just little statues that hop.  Vehicle customization didn't seem to have much variety, either.

Not worth money in it's current state, in my opinion.  Piecewise might be able to give a more accurate description though.
Hey, guess what I played for hours instead of doing what I should have been doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Tis pretty cool.

Oh my god this looks amazing!

This came out recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOm-qmmp7KU
And it was enough of a bump to get the game greenlighted. It's a good 20 minutes of footage.

The challenges are, for the most part, pretty simple. There are some tougher ones, and it's important to realize this is basically the "starter" or "Tutorial" section of the game, so massively complex stuff is probably for later. As per the stuff you can do, it's actually fairly complex. People have made walkers, complex limbs, all sorts of things. The total number of tools you have available is limited, but you can definitely do things with them. It's sort of like Redstone in Minecraft: outwardly simple, but allowing for great complexity.

As per "Vehicle customization" I have no idea what Sy is talking about since you create the vehicle from the ground up and can do whatever you want with it as long as it fits in the boundaries  for the level.

As it is, I think it's worth getting for future promise, but thats just me. If you're unconvinced and still want to try it I'm sure someone has uploaded the DRM free alpha somewhere.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: January 20, 2015, 10:24:07 pm »

Yeah, "vehicle customization" was a poor choice of words.  I meant as far as variety of components that could be used.  If you can build walkers though, I take that back.  I must have missed or misunderstood an item that could allow that.

As far as whether or not it's worth it for the potential, I admit to being very cynical about this type of thing; I don't like paying for something I might get in the future.  For all I know, it could be the next minecraft or portal or whatever, but it could also be completely worthless and easily forgotten.  If I'm wrong, I won't mind paying a bit more, and if I'm right, then I won't be unhappy about wasting money.  *shrug*

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: January 20, 2015, 10:28:34 pm »

* mastahcheese randomly decides to check this thread, for no real reason.

That Besieged game looks awesome. Is that going to be on Steam?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12309 on: January 21, 2015, 12:36:15 am »

* mastahcheese randomly decides to check this thread, for no real reason.

That Besieged game looks awesome. Is that going to be on Steam?
It got green lighted, so it will be soon, no doubt.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: January 21, 2015, 01:02:48 pm »

Does anyone have updated map of mission 17? I have lost track of what all they have destroyed.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: January 21, 2015, 01:06:09 pm »

Yeah, as soon as it hits steam proper I'm adding it to my wish list xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: January 21, 2015, 02:12:24 pm »

Can someone tell me if this link works? If so, are there any comments or suggestions? Would there be any interest?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12313 on: January 21, 2015, 02:13:24 pm »

Can someone tell me if this link works? If so, are there any comments or suggestions? Would there be any interest?
Works for me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: January 21, 2015, 02:38:42 pm »

Ooo, I know!  Hit the same thing with Dense repeatedly to see if the effect stacks!  Make your own black hole!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 2205