Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356341 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12600 on: January 28, 2015, 07:03:39 pm »

Yep. Also, raise your hand if you've seen The Green Mile.
They used to play that movie on tv so damn often. I probably saw it at least four times.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: January 28, 2015, 07:29:11 pm »

I've never actually seen the movie except for a few minutes of it. Where in the movie, I can't remember. The end credit theme is pretty sad though.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: January 28, 2015, 07:29:42 pm »

Gahh, perplexicon withdrawl.  I've got that too, and none of the spinoff games lasted long enough/were interesting enough to sate the addiction...  What is the interest in boring arena combats, anyway?
Yeah, the Dark Souls esque post-arena phase was more interesting in my opinion. Hell I've been working on something like that but damn does it require a lot of work to make something like that.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: January 28, 2015, 07:31:13 pm »

Ugh. I regret I wasn't around to play the first Perplexicon.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12604 on: January 28, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »

Since it was mentioned I've actually been thinking about how to use the system on the world I was making.

I think I've come up with something interesting.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: January 28, 2015, 08:03:23 pm »

Since it was mentioned I've actually been thinking about how to use the system on the world I was making.

Can I reserve a spot for testing if you decide to test it? Also, is it that system you mentioned once that is more ritual based that saying strings of words?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: January 28, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »

I, too, would be intersted in reserving a spot. So longas !TIMEZONES! aren't a problem, of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: January 28, 2015, 08:15:15 pm »

Say, where is your avatar from? I've been curious on where it came from.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: January 28, 2015, 08:20:18 pm »

On the off chance that it is tested, I want to reserve the third place.

@Emp

I'd be interested in hearing more about what you were working on.  Do you mean just a Dark Souls-esque setting, or a Perplexicon thing?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: January 28, 2015, 08:30:54 pm »

Question: When you told us of a guy the AM threw out of an airlock for 'modifying cam-eyes to see through clothes and trying peeping on her' on the very first mission, did you already have her as a psychic past-human-ish goddess in mind, or did that come later? What was he able to see, after all - was it really about his indecency or actually stumbling on something he wasn't supposed to see?

Question: Is it possible for player characters to become similar in 'nature' to the Doctor (or the AM), with all the benefits and drawbacks and power level? Also, is it possible (in the scope of the game as you intend it) to rival and/or best in combat either of them?

Question: Can Steve operate amps? What about field manipulators?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12610 on: January 28, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »

That's an interesting question. Is the fact that he is made from human brains enough? Can you just implant an amp in a human brain and have it work, even though that brain is being used unnaturally? Is that how automanips work? Amps cause your brain to solve equations, so wouldn't a brain modified to act as a computer be better at solving equations?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: January 28, 2015, 09:04:36 pm »

If he still has the terminator looking avatar (can't see cause phone) then I'm pretty sure it came from Snatchers, an old game of Hideo Kojima's.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:11:22 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12612 on: January 28, 2015, 09:23:42 pm »

Say, where is your avatar from? I've been curious on where it came from.
No idea of the original location. I just found it. Lets do an image search....Seems to be from the Game "Snatcher".

Can I reserve a spot for testing if you decide to test it? Also, is it that system you mentioned once that is more ritual based that saying strings of words?

Project Basilisk? Yeah.

I, too, would be intersted in reserving a spot. So longas !TIMEZONES! aren't a problem, of course.
I'll get a test for it whipped up sometime soon. I'll need to do a fair deal of modification and addition, but it should be interesting. And some interesting customization.

Question: When you told us of a guy the AM threw out of an airlock for 'modifying cam-eyes to see through clothes and trying peeping on her' on the very first mission, did you already have her as a psychic past-human-ish goddess in mind, or did that come later? What was he able to see, after all - was it really about his indecency or actually stumbling on something he wasn't supposed to see?

Question: Is it possible for player characters to become similar in 'nature' to the Doctor (or the AM), with all the benefits and drawbacks and power level? Also, is it possible (in the scope of the game as you intend it) to rival and/or best in combat either of them?

Probably the latter, eh?

Perhaps. Though, getting that powerful isn't without danger. Are you willing to subject yourself experimentation? Possibly fatally?

That last one. Maybe the answer is somewhere around here.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:39:46 pm by piecewise »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: January 28, 2015, 09:25:18 pm »

Perhaps. Though, getting that powerful isn't without danger. Are you willing to subject yourself experimentation? Possibly fatally?
:D
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: January 28, 2015, 10:09:53 pm »

This is kind of random, but maybe the giant fireball in M18 is the "sun" you're supposed to kill the Eater under.
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 2205