Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356553 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12645 on: January 29, 2015, 04:56:35 pm »

Sooo... an ideal doomsday device in our service? For times when we really have to utterly destroy everything.

And maybe an effective ship weapon, depending on how long of a range we can get it.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: January 29, 2015, 05:11:13 pm »

Can we get a man-portable matter annihilator?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: January 29, 2015, 05:13:26 pm »

Are the termites vulnerable to heat at all?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12648 on: January 29, 2015, 05:16:22 pm »

Please direct research questions to our heph boys.  I only responded here in the first place because I wanted the info to get out immediately, since tempers were flaring a bit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12649 on: January 29, 2015, 10:40:54 pm »

Sy, Beirus, Toaster and Pancaek and Unholy_Pariah, please report for duty.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: January 29, 2015, 11:59:33 pm »

Sup?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: January 30, 2015, 12:57:22 am »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: January 30, 2015, 12:32:56 pm »

((Just burn everything. They can't use forensics on a pile of ash and bricks. And it's something that doesn't require an amp to do, so they won't suspect the ARM. It's just some overzealous/pyromaniac robbers/terrorists/whatever.))

Personally i want to it done clean. But if others want to burn stuff then sure, why not.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12653 on: January 30, 2015, 01:17:36 pm »

I'm not a fan of complicated middle ground solutions when spec ops are involved. Too many things that can go wrong.

You're either a ghost that goes in and out with few evidence left behind and nobody being the wiser.
Or a predator that systematically destroys all people and evidence in its path without being seen, without leaving anyone or anything that can challenge you or identify you.
Or a cowboy, going in guns blazing, in and out before anyone can react, using overwhelming (but not suspicious) force to get the job done.

Staging things, relying on people's reactions, using equipment that's more expensive than the money you're likely to steal without an easy and simple way to get rid of the evidence, things like that get complicated, with too many ways they can go wrong.

It's best to plan for those three approaches, start with a ghost approach and whenever bad luck or unforeseen consequences force you to act outside of that role, upgrade to predator or cowboy.

(Note that I am not criticizing your plan. I'm just speaking about plans in general. With the exception of the "stage shootings" things, the plans you have seem OK. You just got to decide exactly what to do. Looks like somebody should step up, take the position of leader and say "this is the plan, this is how we're going to do it, any objections? If not, then we start right now".)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12654 on: January 30, 2015, 01:20:03 pm »

Okay two things.
First; when i ask a serious question i expect an answer, not a catch phrase.
I dont expect you to put forth the effort to find the source information but i do expect you to take a few seconds to think about it.
Second; the wiki has no information on it at all.
Edit:
@beirus,
Mindfuck gun is reverse engineered tech from an earlier mission, mission 2 or thereabouts if i remember correctly.

Well, it’s rather simple really: the wiki says the science crew finished on 22/01. Between then and now, there were about 3 Hep turns or so, and none of them mention it. Ergo, the answer to your question is simply ‘the research is done, but results haven’t been reported yet’. Easy peasy.

Now, of course, if you were unable to view the wiki, or couldn't find the relevant page, or wanted to double-check if nobody knew anything more, I’d be happy to oblige! But to find out what the issue is, you do kinda need to give me more info than that. Because in a bout of delicious recursive irony, telling me ‘that doesn't help’ and nothing else, doesn't help me troubleshoot the problem!

In other news, I’ve tried to make a little list of the rules we’ll use for when the pill machine arrives on ship:

1) The machine always stays with either Miya or someone he appoints. If not possible, it’ll be locked up.
2) He will make the pills himself, with ingredients people bring, then give the result to the person who requested it. Nobody else touches it, unless explicit permission given. If he deems something too dangerous, tough bananas, nopill4you. We’ll also assume he knows what its effects were (unless a pill is taken secretly on mission or something) when needed (eg a good combo is found, but the inventor promptly dies before telling anyone IC).
3) Don’t assume you get your pill until I literally put into my action. To prevent people from making a spess magic pill and consuming it before I’ve had a chance to say no. Pw, this one also is aimed at you a bit, I'm hoping you'll help out with this.
4) The person requesting the pill has to update the wiki according to format. If unable, be sure to mention it, so somebody can help out (will try to make a template for it sometime soon).
5) Failure to comply to these will end in tears and sorrow.
6) If Hep people want it back, we’ll send it back, but It’d be nice if they then also ensure it’ll actually be used.
7) If I missed anything, I’ll add it when needed. These rules are subject to change.

Any comments on this (especially from people actually planning to use it sometime)?
Note that I was gonna add a rule about not forcing people to take pills, but upon further thinking I’m mostly interested here in avoiding disasters on the level of Grate 32 and furthering fun/science, not nip any and all shenanigans in the bud. Though of course, if you act like a naughty boy and shove ‘em down someone’s throat, and Miya finds out IC, he’ll act accordingly. I’m just leaving room for the possibility.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12655 on: January 30, 2015, 01:31:03 pm »

I'm not really interested in the pill machine, but just out of curiosity, those rules are IC, right? (Or at least will be when the time comes.)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: January 30, 2015, 02:07:40 pm »

I'm not really interested in the pill machine, but just out of curiosity, those rules are IC, right? (Or at least will be when the time comes.)

Most of them, yes. Rule 3, 4 and 7 are kinda OOC, I guess. Why'd you ask, if I may ask?

By the way, I know what to do with a science crew, but Sean, I'll let you use them first. Unless you really don't know what to use them for.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:09:42 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12657 on: January 30, 2015, 02:29:45 pm »

Most of them, yes. Rule 3, 4 and 7 are kinda OOC, I guess. Why'd you ask, if I may ask?
Just in case it ever comes up IC in any of my character's conversations.

EDIT: And I guess some of the info in the wiki could be considered to be in some sort of Database, like the Armoury info.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:42:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: January 30, 2015, 03:25:23 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12659 on: January 30, 2015, 04:00:30 pm »

Did the guy who took that really powerful potion I was talking about just stop posting or is he just not doing anything with it? Because It's got a short timer.
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 2205