Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356606 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12750 on: February 02, 2015, 11:38:04 am »

I'll never know until I try!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12751 on: February 02, 2015, 06:01:50 pm »

Just a thought on new armors.

Ist it possible that instead of having multiple sets of different layers we could use indentation or bed of nails approaches to combine hexsand and beetleplate?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12752 on: February 02, 2015, 06:12:53 pm »

I cannot bear all these puns
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12753 on: February 02, 2015, 06:23:19 pm »

Umm what?

oh by the way guys my changeling cloak is up for grabs again now that SC has quit.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:33:52 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12754 on: February 02, 2015, 06:56:18 pm »

The DeathCube document has been updated with a basic Testing Guidelines, Test Rewards, and Priority Research on the second tab. Need to spend a little time cleaning the document up, too.

Do my guidelines and payment scheme seem reasonable? Would appreciate some feedback, as well as any suggestions on how the sheet could be improved.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12755 on: February 02, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »

updated deathcube wiki pages to include offered services and link to the document.

seems fine to me, could use a bit more detail on the activations though. did you omit a few?

Edit:
on the subject of the wiki, did someone make a list of all recovered artifacts to date?
if so can someone give me a link, i wanna add a wiki page/section listing all of them, whether they have been researched and what technology that research has yielded.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:24:45 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12756 on: February 02, 2015, 09:25:36 pm »

Holy shit, Monty Oum of Rossterteeth came is dead.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12757 on: February 02, 2015, 09:32:49 pm »

That sucks. I was a fan of his work. RIP.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12758 on: February 03, 2015, 11:51:18 am »

Quote from: Unholy_Pariah
Ist it possible that instead of having multiple sets of different layers we could use indentation or bed of nails approaches to combine hexsand and beetleplate?

I don't think this would work, if I'm understanding you correctly.  The hexbug armor is weak to energy weapons, and I doubt embedding it with hexsand would help much, if at all;  Hexsand has a minimum 'eating rate', and that's gonna be really low if it's not a contiguous slab.  As far as strengthening hexsand, it's still brittle, even if it's next to an extremely tough substance.  It'll just break when shot, and the hexbug bits will fall out.

Also, the resulting armor plate would be even more expensive.

On the subject of the wiki, did someone make a list of all recovered artifacts to date?
if so can someone give me a link, i wanna add a wiki page/section listing all of them, whether they have been researched and what technology that research has yielded.

Umm, I don't think anyone has made a singular list of every recovered artifact, but we have links to a few lists on the Hephaestus page.  It's not complete, but it's a decent place to start.

Quote from: Tavik Toth
Holy shit, Monty Oum of Rossterteeth came is dead.

Wasn't he the awesome animator that did their fight scenes?  Aww.  I liked him.

Looking it up, apparently he died to a previously unknown allergic reaction.  That's a crappy thing to die to.  At least he went without pain.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12759 on: February 03, 2015, 12:01:53 pm »

Looking it up, apparently he died to a previously unknown allergic reaction.  That's a crappy thing to die to.  At least he went without pain.

...Not sure about this specific case, but death by allergic reaction can be quite horrible as far as I know. Anaphylactic shock ain't no joke.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:03:58 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12760 on: February 03, 2015, 12:04:05 pm »

Umm, I don't think anyone has made a singular list of every recovered artifact, but we have links to a few lists on the Hephaestus page.  It's not complete, but it's a decent place to start.
I made a page for that, actually, but I never got around to finishing it. I still maintain hope that I'll do it eventually.
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Artifact_Data

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12761 on: February 03, 2015, 12:05:52 pm »

I made a page for that, actually, but I never got around to finishing it. I still maintain hope that I'll do it eventually.
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Artifact_Data

Good idea! Might wanna add a link to the front page though next time, so people know it exists.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12762 on: February 03, 2015, 12:38:32 pm »

Question to the ARM staff: how known are specifics of what is being researched, constructed, done at the Hephaestus by ordinary convicts? Do they have any idea of the troubles and successes of the Hephaestus team, and how things go there, in general?
By passive "common" knowledge, not through directly asking the residents, I mean.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:40:54 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12763 on: February 03, 2015, 12:42:03 pm »

I don't think this would work, if I'm understanding you correctly.  The hexbug armor is weak to energy weapons, and I doubt embedding it with hexsand would help much, if at all;  Hexsand has a minimum 'eating rate', and that's gonna be really low if it's not a contiguous slab.  As far as strengthening hexsand, it's still brittle, even if it's next to an extremely tough substance.  It'll just break when shot, and the hexbug bits will fall out.

Also, the resulting armor plate would be even more expensive.
Not sure if you grasped the concept entirely with the bed of nails idea, the whole point of using the nails is that you inset the solid mass of hexsand between the nails and rising to just below the tips of the beetlespikes. When shot by a gauss rifle the bullet would impact upon the spikes instead of the sand and channel the kinetic energy into the proper plate section of the beetleplate layer.

The idea isnt to combine the materials but rather to combine their strengths, so i dont see why it would be more expensive then simply stacking one plate atop another.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12764 on: February 03, 2015, 12:42:25 pm »

Question: how known are specifics of what is being researched, constructed, done at the Hephaestus by ordinary convicts? Do they have any idea of the troubles and successes of the Hephaestus team, and how things go there, in general?
By passive "common" knowledge, not through directly asking the residents, I mean.

You know, that's a good question I have no idea. Miya would know most things due to working with Hep often, but I don't know what kind of info seeps through. I could imagine not much, since the average trooper might only be interested in the results (aka new shinies).

The idea isnt to combine the materials but rather to combine their strengths, so i dont see why it would be more expensive then simply stacking one plate atop another.

Because of more difficult production process I suspect.

Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 2205