Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356131 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13095 on: February 18, 2015, 10:52:50 pm »

Is that player deaths or civilian deaths?  If the former... STAN only resulted in two deaths outside ST and AN, give one to ST, so half a strike.  Otherwise, I don't think he's killed players.  The latter, he's probably at a thousand strikes for fireblasting the city.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: February 18, 2015, 10:53:57 pm »

On the Heph one I have to dispute, it was obviously Simus' latent hate for Auron causing her to accidentally misfire. Need I remind you all of what happened in that regard at one point?
Eh? EH?
Besides, new roll system.
Yeah, but you were there. Its obvioisly your fault she fell victim to her base emotions.

Also how many of us do you believe are actually going to make it to see the new roll system?
Bank team forgot to silence their guns, Diplomacy team is stranded in space, Eater team is pretty much fucked,  on ship people are almost universally fucked and if we wanna get hysterical then the ship could well implode on itself if the plot armor fails.

It probably wont, but we are toeing the line of the "failed before you began" ending here.

Also you get a strike for blowing up the alien AI.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13097 on: February 18, 2015, 10:56:36 pm »

Two? I only remember eating the fish guy, and he doesn't really count.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13098 on: February 18, 2015, 10:57:13 pm »

Oh and are we cointing the guy that turned himself into a lava elemental trying to stop STAN?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: February 18, 2015, 11:01:53 pm »

Denzel? No, a man should be responsible for his own overshoots.
Ahemauronahem
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: February 18, 2015, 11:14:20 pm »

Hmmm.
Okay, let's establish some rules for that strike system.
A strike is automatically added for every time Xan causes a mission failure or provides a general hinderance that can be all established on Xans interference and no-ones else.
A half strike is added for any cause of hinderance that can be partly placed on Xan (AKA the Halloween event right now) or worsening of a bad situation.
Another half strike is added for every player death caused by Xan or every player death caused by an overshoot or undershoot for the purpose of fixing a problem caused by Xan.

Any creature not controlled by Xantalos but created by him counts for the purposes of strikes.

There, is that specific enough?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: February 18, 2015, 11:16:40 pm »

I'm good with it if it also applies to everyone else :P
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: February 18, 2015, 11:17:16 pm »

Only if we apply this system equally to all inmates.  (Ninja alert!)

(And have it represent more of a high score board than anything impactful)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: February 18, 2015, 11:20:05 pm »

Actually...
That would be a good idea, though the only reason why a strike system has to be established for Xan is because he's are functionally immortal for in game purposes, so perhaps giving strikes can just say 'be careful with this guy' or limit them from doing certain things.
Only if we apply this system equally to all inmates.  (Ninja alert!)

(And have it represent more of a high score board than anything impactful)
That would be cool, actually.
"Ha! 5 Strikes now! Beat that!"
"Okay."
*guns down two other members.
Alan help.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: February 18, 2015, 11:23:31 pm »

I just counted, and of the 23 permadeaths we've had, only 7 were not caused by HMRC/ARM operatives or their actions.  Go us!

(Adrian, Charro, Michael Alexander, May, Jhoseph, Cecil, and Dern)  (I credit the last two to the Eater, and credit Felix to Steve, so he counts as a TK.)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: February 18, 2015, 11:46:34 pm »

I don't see Xan having anything to do with current problem on ship. Unless tentacles sprouting from vents caused U_P to forgot about tanning salon setting...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: February 18, 2015, 11:52:44 pm »

That actually makes some sense. My action was even rolled first, so it could be reasoned that as I exploded out of the vents (no idea how I do that mass gaining trick though) Auron panicked and turned up the setting to swing it towards me, but incinerated the meat cube before he could.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: February 19, 2015, 12:00:55 am »

perhaps you decided to make your tentacles out of nanostructures and they and now comprised of 90% air and 10% hyper rigid molecular lattices?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: February 19, 2015, 12:03:34 am »

Nah, see, the problem is that Xan now will probably cause a hinderance to people trying to escape (as difficult as that would be already), but the problem isn't all his, hence the half strike.
Plus, we have to teach him a lesson about this stuff.
Alan help.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: February 19, 2015, 12:03:50 am »

Bank team forgot to silence their guns
Hey, I've played payday one and two and let me tell you a thing. banks are really easy to survive in when cops are coming for you. The bigger the safer it is really.
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 2205