Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356107 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13125 on: February 19, 2015, 05:45:01 am »

Oh what an awakening awaits my character, Yaroslav. Imagine, last thing you remember is your little daughter gently carried away from you as you fall asleep on the operating table and you try to reach her with  your weakening hand.
And then you are harshly waken from cryochamber to see your body being a mechanic abomination, yourslef being in a spaceship with corridors full of flesh, woth no idea what happened to you or your body or your daughter, and Steve makes his usual introduction.
Hehe. And then one of the regulars passes by. "Hello new person. Sorry about the mess, we've been having a rough day here. If you can grab a mop and help out a bit, that'd be great. And watch your step."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13126 on: February 19, 2015, 05:53:02 am »

Yeah, that is likely to happen. I'll play it like that whole thing bashed him into numbness for a while, I think.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13127 on: February 19, 2015, 01:50:15 pm »

I think killing the eater has a chance, and that it is our only chance for success, and to minimize the risk of that just killing whoever attempted it, it should be a zombie.
If the eater is not killed while changing bodies or something, then it is going to posses one of you again. There's no escaping that.

((There are only 3 real potential actions. We can do some of them in combination, but it boils down to:

A.) Get the Eater to the Pit. With the angry sun coming down on us, I don't believe we can outrun it. You (Tir) might have a chance with your MK3, but I don't know that you could make it and we've got people doing stuff to the Eater already.

B.) Kill the Eater. Instructions were to kill the Eater at the Pit, and we know that killing the Eater was a risk in the past (how many people has it possessed of ours because they killed it? Three?) I like this option, and it might be close enough, but I wouldn't ask you lot to do something I'm not willing to do myself (though Mummy goons would be a reasonably safe bet, I think). If we have a volunteer, make it known and make it happen.

C.) Run Like Hell.

It might be that giving the Eater to the sun is a win, it might be that it's a loss. I don't know. What I DO know is that there's no way in hell we can stop the Sun; and I get the feeling it's not gonna stop even if we guess "right" on how to handle the Eater. It's time to make a call and get the hell out of the blast radius.

I don't know that anyone besides Tir could do A (and even that's a crapshoot), so our options are either B+C or just C.
You're forgetting option D.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go on the offensive. Kill the sun.
If you can't provide Steve with coordinates so that he can hit it with a kinetic strike, you could probably use your extensive arsenal against it. Doesn't any of you have any oversized death weapons they could use to kill a god? Any nukes or similar?
Or just try shooting it with gauss rounds, maybe that will be enough to make it think it's not worth it or at least slow it down a bit as it strikes down those annoying flies.

EDIT: And I'm really not sure if C is an option. Wasn't this entire desert created by the previous eater or rather when the Sun ate the previous eater? Doesn't that mean that anything in the same country as you is probably screwed?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:52:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: February 19, 2015, 02:03:05 pm »

You're forgetting option D.
Go on the offensive. Kill the sun.
I consider it very likely that the "sun" also is an Eater. As such, I would advise against killing it, since it seems that the possessing force doesn't get weaker when it swaps bodies.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13129 on: February 19, 2015, 02:05:19 pm »

Either that or it's a predator-prey sort of thing, maybe.

In any case, we on the ground don't have guns nearly big enough: This thing is enormous, it'd be like trying to stop Godzilla with a slingshot.

Energy weapons would likely be ineffective, and any sort of complex kinetic weapon would probably just turn into slag before impact. I don't think pissing this thing off is the best idea.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13130 on: February 19, 2015, 02:15:54 pm »

Nav, Beirus and Sy, you're up in the lab.

If anyone wants to sign up for the wait list, now is a good time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: February 19, 2015, 02:33:30 pm »

You may want to slap the waitlist in the OP.

And a list of those who kill themselves hilariously.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: February 19, 2015, 03:18:32 pm »

I'm down for being in the wait list scratch that, I'm pretty busy, one RP at a time is probably enough for me
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13133 on: February 19, 2015, 04:37:06 pm »

Is it a bad sign if I had a dream that someone on Mission 18 took a potion, rolled an 88 somehow and became God?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: February 19, 2015, 04:49:30 pm »

It matters who drank it, and if they were benevolent or cruel.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: February 19, 2015, 04:54:47 pm »

Xan did it. Somehow, Xan did it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13136 on: February 19, 2015, 04:57:07 pm »

...Yeah. It was a Xan clone that kinda burned out from the power soon after destroying the Eater and Fireball. Ended up being declared as a saint by the denizens of the planet or something. It was a bit hazy.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13137 on: February 19, 2015, 06:13:20 pm »

How many people do you think are going to make it out alive on ship and from M18, respectively?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13138 on: February 19, 2015, 06:15:08 pm »

Depends, really, if you count digitisation as still being alive, in any case, I bet Xan will probably stay alive, and perhaps one other.
M18 is a bit tougher, really, though I bet money on that someone will make a heroic sacrifice.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13139 on: February 19, 2015, 06:15:53 pm »

It seems this peculiar lab has the death toll ER always promised. Luckily, various ER threads are doing their best to reclaim the throne.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 2205