Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356772 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13185 on: February 21, 2015, 05:55:04 pm »

The hell is titin?

It's a protein that acts as a molecular spring in your muscle ultrastructure, to put it simply. It and its homologues are the largest proteins known to man.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13186 on: February 21, 2015, 05:59:20 pm »

Indeed, and I think the 'long name' is from some joker thinking he's funny by reciting its amino acid sequence and claiming it's the name.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: February 21, 2015, 06:12:04 pm »

Saying titin's name is long is like saying that the chemical name of living beings are long.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: February 21, 2015, 06:27:22 pm »

Indeed, and I think the 'long name' is from some joker thinking he's funny by reciting its amino acid sequence and claiming it's the name.

Oh no, the long name is the exact IUPAC nomenclature, atom by atom. At least I think that's what they usually use as "LONGEST NAME EVER" material.

In truth, it's just as pointless as giving its formula as C169 723H270 464N45 688O52 243S912, if technically much more informative.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:29:23 pm by Harry Baldman »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13189 on: February 21, 2015, 08:03:24 pm »

Limpet teeth are the strongest natural material known to man.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: February 21, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »

And the wikipedia article about the stuff humorously notes that it's stronger than spider silk.  That's not particularly surprising, since spider silk's notable quality is it's extreme toughness, not strength.

Anyway, any reason you brought it up?  I doubt it's useful for tinker, because, well, hexbug.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: February 21, 2015, 08:42:50 pm »

What are these potions everyone keeps drinking, and where can I get one?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: February 21, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »

They were this year's Christmas presents. Piecewise might be willing to give you one, still, if you post in the Christmas Drinking Party thread.

If you're too lazy to read through that thread to see which ones are taken already, this Wiki page is more concise.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: February 21, 2015, 08:51:49 pm »

I suggest you choose potion 49.  It's the largest, and therefore would potentially let you use it more times than anything else.  Therefore, you're more likely to be able to determine what the effect is, and use it at a needed time.

Assuming, of course, that PW doesn't just say "NOPE." and refuse letting you drink only part of the potion.  I don't really see why he'd do that, but I think people have said that he did it once.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13194 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:02 pm »

I suggest you choose potion 49.  It's the largest, and therefore would potentially let you use it more times than anything else.  Therefore, you're more likely to be able to determine what the effect is, and use it at a needed time.

Assuming, of course, that PW doesn't just say "NOPE." and refuse letting you drink only part of the potion.  I don't really see why he'd do that, but I think people have said that he did it once.
Yes, he said it's either drink it all or none at all.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: February 21, 2015, 08:55:34 pm »

Ok, might as well try!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: February 21, 2015, 08:55:50 pm »

People were posting science, i wanted to also post science.

Also spider silk only has a tensile strength of 1.3 to 1.6 GPa, not 4.
And limpet teeth dont get weaker as they get bigger like other materials.

And it is useful for tinker, for biological equipment and genemods and stuff.
Limpet fang daggers capable of punching holes in metal for instance, or some rigid armor panels to protect a sharkmist suit against piercing damage.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13197 on: February 21, 2015, 08:58:12 pm »

Now that I think about it, it might be better to take a potion that has been taken by others (although one that has not yet been used, since piecewise said that's not allowed). That way, once one of them uses it, the rest will know what it does and will be able to decide if and when they want to use it.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: February 21, 2015, 09:02:11 pm »

Now that I think about it, it might be better to take a potion that has been taken by others (although one that has not yet been used, since piecewise said that's not allowed). That way, once one of them uses it, the rest will know what it does and will be able to decide if and when they want to use it.
But that's a dick move if you use it before the original owner and spoil it for them
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: February 21, 2015, 09:04:03 pm »

Yeah, I'll just take 49...
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 2205