Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1521 1522 [1523] 1524 1525 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356337 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22830 on: October 02, 2015, 05:26:54 pm »

AHHHHHH FUCK YOU KNEE, YOU AND ALL OF YOUR TENDONS AND LIGAMENTS AND INTERMEMBRANEOUS LIGAMENTS THAT ATTACH TO VAGUE POSITIONS ON THE ANTERIOR AND POSTERIOR CONDYLES AND INTERCONDYLAR SPACES!

I'm not a fan.
And suddenly piecewise's hate for limbs is explained.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22831 on: October 02, 2015, 05:29:55 pm »

I have a dilemma: Right now I would love to try and get my character on the M24 roster, he has some in-character reasons to love mad scientific experiments gone awry, but he has no idea the mission exists, and hell, he has no idea missions exist and really no idea of anything at all except that he was brought off ice in a place in space somewhere, for some reason, with enough money to buy a bitchin' pimpstick.

I don't want to meta, but I also don't want to just faff about on-ship. Watdo?

ninjafakeedit: have any anti-inflammatory cream? Advil? Chainsaws?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22832 on: October 02, 2015, 05:33:21 pm »

I have a dilemma: Right now I would love to try and get my character on the M24 roster, he has some in-character reasons to love mad scientific experiments gone awry, but he has no idea the mission exists, and hell, he has no idea missions exist and really no idea of anything at all except that he was brought off ice in a place in space somewhere, for some reason, with enough money to buy a bitchin' pimpstick.

I don't want to meta, but I also don't want to just faff about on-ship. Watdo?

ninjafakeedit: have any anti-inflammatory cream? Advil? Chainsaws?
Sean's message about M24 was sent to everyone. And by everyone I mean everyone. So, I don't know, you can RP finding it in your wristpad's Spam folder or something.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22833 on: October 02, 2015, 05:38:52 pm »

@Piecewise For a moment, I was afraid that you had a major knee injury. Thank goodness it's just (I assume) the usual troubles of scholar's education.

Will you review the replies to your riddle some of us have posted here, or will you wait some longer (for more people to try guessing, for example)? At that, will you announce who guessed correctly?

I want Fun. We want Fun.  8)

@Moopli Well, I'd suggest engineering the situation a bit to give the required IC knowledge (that sort of things is more or less acceptable on-ship - see "Watch mission replays" actions). That, or OOCly asking RC to recruit you, and then ICly blaming everything on forced conscription by the Generals. :P
(Well, or use Paris's suggestion. It's perfectly fine too, I think.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22834 on: October 02, 2015, 05:57:56 pm »

All this talk about ramming speed reminded me of this.

@RC: You could do a short briefing to inform us IC about what's going on. Because we have no idea right now IC, we just know that Heph is in trouble, since Sean never did the briefing, just sent a message. That would give a chance to people to give IC ideas or stumble onto the meeting and gain IC knowledge about the mission that way.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22835 on: October 02, 2015, 06:01:26 pm »

The one where you saw the armory master's true form.
I don't suppose the correct answer is M2 and that her true form is just her usual form with her hair untied? :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22836 on: October 02, 2015, 06:02:48 pm »

All this talk about ramming speed reminded me of this.

@RC: You could do a short briefing to inform us IC about what's going on. Because we have no idea right now IC, we just know that Heph is in trouble, since Sean never did the briefing, just sent a message. That would give a chance to people to give IC ideas or stumble onto the meeting and gain IC knowledge about the mission that way.
^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #22837 on: October 02, 2015, 06:21:26 pm »

Wait... If we can request an approved set of equipment for M24, can I get that 250L of liquid Helium for free (or at least a discount) and save myself some tokens?

I kind of assumed that there was already some sort of mini-briefing. Hence why I've already bought 250L of Liquid Helium for 5 tokens.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22838 on: October 02, 2015, 06:26:46 pm »

@Parisbre56: Might take a few turns to find anything on the wristpad given his impressive skill (he might just say delete system32 by mistake, who knows?), but it's worth a shot.

@Nikitian: Oh great now I have two good courses of action to pursue (:p). I like the idea of ending up on the mission by mistake, it fits his current just-blundering-about-not-really-knowing-anything mental state much better than intentionally looking for knowledge, learning what missions are, and deciding to join up. If I were him and I knew even a modicum of what's going on, I'd be doing my best to become an NPC research lackey as fast as possible. But he and I have different aims, which causes problems when trying to RP as much as possible...

If Miya sets up a briefing, I could accidentally walk in and get conscripted, but I don't really see any good reason for that to happen, if they need bodies they aren't going for the decrepit old man :P

Or I could go to the doctor, strike up a conversation about the progress of body-modification science, express disbelief at what he can do, and wake up on heph as a 'cryogenic resistance test subject', but the stars would have to align perfectly :p
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:46:40 pm by Moopli »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22839 on: October 02, 2015, 06:42:20 pm »

Can't go to Doc anymore sadly, he's on Heph now.
Unless of course one were to go to Heph...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22840 on: October 02, 2015, 06:45:29 pm »

Can't go to Doc anymore sadly, he's on Heph now.
Unless of course one were to go to Heph...

My, my, it's almost like PW planned this from the very beginning...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22841 on: October 02, 2015, 07:36:56 pm »

Wait... If we can request an approved set of equipment for M24, can I get that 250L of liquid Helium for free (or at least a discount) and save myself some tokens?
You could also request an elemental infuser loaded with cold. That way you can infuse the liquid helium with extra coldness.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22842 on: October 02, 2015, 08:53:56 pm »

How do I get equipment, IC wise?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #22843 on: October 02, 2015, 08:55:17 pm »

You go to the armory and buy it. You have 5 tokens to start with. Look at the armory section on the wiki for prices.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22844 on: October 02, 2015, 09:14:52 pm »

The one where you saw the armory master's true form.
The last halloween event?
In the VR on ship during M2.
Pages: 1 ... 1521 1522 [1523] 1524 1525 ... 2205