Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1530 1531 [1532] 1533 1534 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2320003 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22965 on: October 06, 2015, 02:45:03 pm »

Can I put those BS-sized artefact containers and forcefield containers I asked the AM for in my inventory or does that too have to go to the mission page? Because I thought those were given to me directly.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22966 on: October 06, 2015, 02:58:12 pm »

So yeah, basically, if M24 people would like to have a plan, they'll have to come up with it themselves first and foremost for a change. I'd certainly advise in that direction given previous experience, but it'll be up to them in the end.
Blast from the past. Just throw the expendables at the problem and see if conditions improve.
Maybe you could spend the mission mocking the muppets and their hilarious injuries over the comm just to get that Mission 1 experience down pat.

Oh man, that's the best idea I heard all week. Too bad I don't know if I can justify someone like Miyamoto ever doing that, otherwise I'd get right on that.

Can I put those BS-sized artefact containers and forcefield containers I asked the AM for in my inventory or does that too have to go to the mission page? Because I thought those were given to me directly.

Hmm. On the one hand, I guess it might be more fair/correct overall in a way if we did it like that, but on the other hand, if Steve/PW himself directly told you you could have them, then I guess you can just stick it in your inventory (not like it's the kind of thing I think there'll be many arguing over). And I already added 'artifact containers' to the equipment list (it was the very first thing added, even), so if you want we could also roll Flint's containers into those, saying his are among them (and since he's the only one who can really carry the BS-sized ones, him getting them wouldn't be a problem anyways).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22967 on: October 06, 2015, 03:28:28 pm »

Oh man, that's the best idea I heard all week. Too bad I don't know if I can justify someone like Miyamoto ever doing that, otherwise I'd get right on that.

Sure you can justify it. Miyamoto's had a mission thrust upon him because the Hephaestus employee who knows what the hell is going on seems to have gone comatose suddenly. And now a billion people are bothering him incessantly about bureaucratic bullshit because of it. And not too long ago somebody blew up the briefing room over a pizza while people were getting ready for a mission, pulping one inmate who actually had a bit of promise (or ideological compatibility at least). And then there's people giving him shit about Green Storm and whatnot.

Really, what excuse doesn't Miyamoto have? As if derision for the rank and file is hard to conjure after the general pattern of mission conduct.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:30:32 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22968 on: October 06, 2015, 03:30:47 pm »

((Do note that an important piece of info that was not given on our briefing was that the Doc said that that thing might have changed forms after coming to our world and stabilizing.))

((Yeah, but far as I know Doc only ever said that directly to Sean himself, and Sean never said anything about it, so I didn't know if Miya would know (and be able to mention it) unless he was involved in mission planning from the beginning, and really looked into all the available info. But once you're on Hep, one of you could still contact Aresteve or the Doc and see what you can learn.))
Nah, don't worry man, I'm not blaming you or anything. Just saying so that people talking about freezing the thing don't get their hopes too high or get too cocky. The truth is we simply don't know what we'll face there, so standard caution should apply. I'll make an IC post in that vein later.

And sure, adding them to the mission equipment sounds fine. I'll take them when I land.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #22969 on: October 06, 2015, 03:36:58 pm »

pulping one inmate who actually had a bit of promise
I find that flattering :)

She became a minor martyr before she could become mediocre. I really don't know if I can get my characters beyond mediocre, that is up to dice. All I can do is give them enough background to have potential to do that.

Let's see how my next character will run, three is a lucky number...
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22970 on: October 06, 2015, 03:39:26 pm »

Is Kriellya/Skylar in coma again? Feel free to use the body for a handpuppet.
He never actually came out of it, on thread. I'm currently using him a a pair of slippers when I shuffle about Alpha to prevent bedsores from overlong stays in my comfy recliner.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22971 on: October 06, 2015, 04:32:25 pm »

Quote from: Christopher to M24 volunteers
Alternatively, why don't we blow the damn thing into orbit? Because in space, there is zero heat. And then we can contain it from there. We all have suits that can survive cold and vacuum. And honestly, if we take the calmer approach, do you think it'll sit there and let itself be contained, without trying to kill us in horrible ways? I've read up on some previous missions. They don't send us after nice stuff. In my opinion, we gotta take the offensive.

So we drill or hide a nuke under it, detonate it, and comb the wreckage with ships and amps. In space.
I like your approach.
"Send people to investigate and capture the target? Fuck that. Let's use a few thousand nukes to blow a city's worth of landmass into space and then search through the debris (possibly with a sieve)."
I'd support it too, if it wasn't for the fact that doing so will probably transfer a lot of energy to the thing, if only because of the vibrations.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22972 on: October 06, 2015, 04:38:07 pm »

Alternatively, why don't we blow the damn thing into orbit? Because in space, there is zero heat. And then we can contain it from there. We all have suits that can survive cold and vacuum. And honestly, if we take the calmer approach, do you think it'll sit there and let itself be contained, without trying to kill us in horrible ways? I've read up on some previous missions. They don't send us after nice stuff. In my opinion, we gotta take the offensive.

So we drill or hide a nuke under it, detonate it, and comb the wreckage with ships and amps. In space.
I like your approach.
"Send people to investigate and capture the target? Fuck that. Let's use a few thousand nukes to blow a city's worth of landmass into space and then search through the debris (possibly with a sieve)."
I'd support it too, if it wasn't for the fact that doing so will probably transfer a lot of energy to the thing, if only because of the vibrations.
So that's a yes from you...
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #22973 on: October 06, 2015, 04:40:07 pm »

Perhaps that could be a last resort scenario?  I think we may want to minimize collateral damage.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22974 on: October 06, 2015, 04:41:31 pm »

I bet a mission thread could get started and move all the planning there. No need to drop first, jut start the mission in the briefing room while the team develops their plan. Free up the On Ship for more faffing about. Maybe seal off the briefing room, or some as yet unidentified "planning room" to prevent artifact Shenanigans. Have all purchases shipped in via actual crew or robot servants or something to prevent excessive wandering. Those knife sounds PW was making sounded worrisome.

Because in space, there is zero heat.
This isn't exactly accurate, but it's true that one would expect a normal entity to have far less access to heat in space. On the other hand, if there were zero heat in space, earth would be an icy husk, because almost all our heat comes from across 93 million miles of space. So, ejecting something into space near earth would simply expose it more directly to solar energy.

Also note that these thermophages somehow eat entire universes. Space seems to hold few challenges for one such. Of course, IC, you wouldn't know this, and your post i good in that context.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:25:35 pm by Ozarck »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22975 on: October 06, 2015, 04:42:39 pm »

I bet a mission thread could get started and move all the planning there. No need to drop first, jut start the mission in the briefing room while the team develops their plan. Free up the On Ship for more faffing about. Maybe seal off the briefing room, or some as yet unidentified "planning room" to prevent artifact Shenanigans. Have all purchases shipped in via actual crew or robot servants or something to prevent excessive wandering. Those knife sounds PW was making sounded worrisome.
Maybe make a specific preplanning thread?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22976 on: October 06, 2015, 04:47:53 pm »

Attention wiki-gnomes.
Dont touch my sheet, that is all.

seriously, unless piecewise gives you a [Wiki] trigger just dont touch it.

I had the mission 24 equipment purposefully seperated from my actual inventory so I could keep track of what I was getting, which I know have to go repost, and I have a blaster pistol I dont actually want because you wiki'd an action that never got acted upon.

please, just wait for the tags.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22977 on: October 06, 2015, 04:49:57 pm »

Maybe make a specific preplanning thread?
Why separate them? Oh, for reuse with other missions? You know ... I think this is part of what the On Ship thread was for to begin with ... Back when there were like twelve players.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22978 on: October 06, 2015, 04:53:35 pm »

There isn't much happening in the On Ship thread so the M24 peeps can exchange IC ideas there. Not too many random non-mission faffers at the moment.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22979 on: October 06, 2015, 06:43:50 pm »

Why has nobody questioned what a 14 year old's doing on the Sword?
Becuase she has charges of murder and cannibalism. But ill have you know she has never eaten someone and she dident commit this murder she is being charged for
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 1530 1531 [1532] 1533 1534 ... 2205