Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356637 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22980 on: October 06, 2015, 10:55:49 pm »

None of us know that.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22981 on: October 07, 2015, 12:04:57 am »

...true...but isent that kind of stuff like public knowledge like you can ask steve....wait no one has asked steve nevermind my point is null and void
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22982 on: October 07, 2015, 01:16:56 am »

Meh.

Grate was a kid. Milno was young too.

We'll take anyone over *Checks severity of war crimes tables* 12 years old.

I am totally without prejudice. Race, Age, Gender, Sexual orientation, religion, creed, nationality, it doesn't matter. I kill everyone equally. 

Especially now that Maurice as gone and unleashed a extrauniversal god! That nubile young body will slow it down for whole fractions of a second!

oh god it is late. I still have so much to memorize.

Time is running out. Oh no.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22983 on: October 07, 2015, 01:21:53 am »

That nubile young body will slow it down for whole fractions of a second!
Why does Faith need to invade from another universe? Isn't she here already? Or did she fall into a coma so hard she ended up in another reality?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22984 on: October 07, 2015, 01:22:23 am »

If the M21 team survive this I swear Lucricia will have some words to say to Maurice.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22985 on: October 07, 2015, 01:54:30 am »

So if massive falling manipulator overload capable of destroying entire planet won't banish the new god, then we know what will end ER.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22986 on: October 07, 2015, 01:56:05 am »

Man Maurice and I would have a talkings if I were on ship by the time he gets back...

Just be glad I wasn't there :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22987 on: October 07, 2015, 08:04:29 am »

If the M21 team survive this I swear Lucricia will have some words to say to Maurice.

Oh dear. I'll be looking forward to it. :P

Man Maurice and I would have a talkings if I were on ship by the time he gets back...

Just be glad I wasn't there :P

Same here. And hey, haven't we scheduled "the talk" already for the next time we meet each other? ;)

Alas, the point is moot because no one ICly knows that "Maurice unleashed the thing". I'd even say "sadly" because I'd like roleplaying that realisation for him. However, the only way we know he "did" something - really, the only thing he did was "look", and then a very special roll of fate's die followed - because of GM's fiat in telling us.
As much as I generally dislike people saying "No, you can't do that, you don't have IC knowledge!" (oh those killjoys!), I must jump the wagon here. The only (best) IC information is: Maurice suddenly got possessed by something, and then all hell broke loose, which is known by him and by Ulrich (and their videofeeds, by the way). You could go for "I don't know what happened, but it must have been your fault!", but it doesn't quite have the punch of the strictly OOC knowledge it really "was" his fault (mine? oh well). You could also go for "You started all this, if it weren't for this stupid mission of yours, this all wouldn't have happened..!" which is actually reasonable, but is quite weak from rational standpoint - what else was there to do? Not to go on a mission? On any mission even, because no one knows when dash-nine will strike next? etc.

All in all, as much as I'd like this, not one person can truly admonish Maurice for what has been done - including himself.
(Okay, maybe the Doctor can. He has supernatural knowledge bordering on GM's direct feed. Remember, we've always been told that Steve's knowledge and Piecewise's knowledge are different... but this has never been said for the Doctor! But that's a whole different story...)

And finally... ))...all of this wouldn't have happened if that idiot hasn't interfered!! I would have ascended and kept the god-being in check!!!(( Yeah, something like that. He also has to blame someone for this event.  :P
(RIP Morul. You paid a hefty price for ARM to maybe keep its second most important scientist. Maurice hasn't understood this yet, but he probably will in the coming months. And then he will mourn, and thank Morul for his sacrifice. ...Probably.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22988 on: October 07, 2015, 08:14:27 am »

Always thought Maurice was a pretty fun character became one of my favourite einstenian roulette characters seems like the only sane man in this whole roleplay execept maybe milno but that is probably still debatable
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22989 on: October 07, 2015, 09:19:19 am »

Sending pm to pw with mission equipment so he can look it over. No more requests please (to me, at least, can't exactly stop people from buggering pw, but probably best you don't nonetheless). After his answer, I'll update the wiki page with what we're getting (and post it here if I remember), after that it's mission start at pw's convenience.

Or, for short:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FAKE PRE-POSTING EDIT: And pw already responded! So, this is what you're getting boys and girls:

Various Artifact containers (including Flint's large ones)
2 grenade launchers with 4 liquid helium nades each
2 chem throwers with 2 tanks of liquid helium each
2 kilo of aster-ex, 3 short-range detonators and 1 long range detonator
Single 10-kiloton nuke
1 emergency kit and 1 advanced kit

All this you will find stuffed on the shuttle once you go down there. So, better get ready for drop real quick like, or you'll be shoved into a pod by a certain batting man. And he always hits homerun!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:22:25 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22990 on: October 07, 2015, 10:12:24 am »

Have we been known to deploy by both drop pod and shuttle? What's this I keep hearing about pods?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22991 on: October 07, 2015, 10:19:08 am »

We use both, though usually shuttles unless we expect heavy AA at the dropsite.

Pods probably refer to the stasis pods - which are in a separate section of the ship from the hangar, by the way, despite half a dozen people always heading to the hangar before we even FTL jump into the right solar system. We can't use FTL unless everyone on the ship is in stasis (well, we could, but the speeds involved are lethal).

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22992 on: October 07, 2015, 10:40:40 am »

The stasis pods are now located inside each character's individual room.

And we actually have two modes of insertion for hot drops: the usual skeletal harnesses and the teardrop-shaped drop pods used during the Haebi mission.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22993 on: October 07, 2015, 10:52:14 am »

Drop pods and pod drops, you mean?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22994 on: October 07, 2015, 11:30:26 am »

Question: For m21, why is anyone flying the fully-automatic shuttle in the first place? All it needs to do is accelerate at maximum speed away from the anomaly, then keep doing so.

Spending several minutes squeezing into a space humans are not really meant to be seems counterintuitive when trying to escape from simultaneous apotheosis and orbital bombardment
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 2205