Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1618 1619 [1620] 1621 1622 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319675 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24285 on: November 02, 2015, 06:52:37 pm »

eta till mission send off? Think I'll have long enough to screw around with the pill? or should I save it for when shit inevitably hits the fan?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #24286 on: November 02, 2015, 06:58:04 pm »

The effects seem to be permanent.  So feel free to take it immediately.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24287 on: November 02, 2015, 07:00:16 pm »

hmm ok.... let's hope I don't completely fuck up.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24288 on: November 02, 2015, 07:40:07 pm »

HEY PIECEWISE!

Since we aren't on mission yet, could I get the same treatment as whatever they do to Pimp Canes so I can shift my metal form, instead of the heat blaster thing?
I'm pretty sure the pimp cane is made out of the shape shifting storage device the M1 team retrieved, the one that changed shape based on the user's thoughts. Probably the same material that allowed those floating elevators to function. So unless your body is made from that material, I find it unlikely they can just turn it into that.

Too bad nobody has xenospit in Limbo. I wonder what kind of effects it would have now.
Good thing I brought some dank bluesmokes for you guys!  :D

Oh, I also have some. And HMRC standard,if you wish. But you are welcome to do the testing as I'm a bit busy at the moment. ;)

I wonder, if we crash into whatever that object is, and all die, what would that make of M25? I mean, they'd have no IC way to learn that we all died; nor Steve would. This could be wiggled one way or another, but now that he has committed to this mission, it's unlikely that he can 'suddenly' back out 'because they're probably all dead'.
Maybe Piecewise would withhold knowledge of our ultimate fate until M25 decides to leave the place, it's rescue mission objective failed?
He could just say "aaand cut!" and then stop updating. It will be like those TV series where they start in medias res show you something happening without showing the conclusion, then the opening credits roll and then we switch to the protagonists, only finding out what actually happened close to the middle or end of the episode.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24289 on: November 02, 2015, 07:58:20 pm »

I'm feeling pretty sick today, so posts will probably be limited.

Sorry to hear that. This makes me all the more impressed that you managed both an Infinite Heavens and on-ship update before 9 AM. Thanks.

-snip-

After Dester dodged Gus' request for a title, I was worried it wasn't going to happen. Let's see...

Dester Gree, Chief Strategist
Vincent "Kingpin" Klart, Corporate/Political Liaison
Petra Clave, Publicist
Dr. "Bloody Ryan" Jorgensen, Chief Medical Officer
General Auguste Johnson, Defense Coordinator
Jesse Hoflman, Grunt-in-Chief
Xael "the Terrible" Smirnova, Field Agent (deceased)
Skylar Niabs, Hatstand

Dodged?
Quote from: Dester to: Security Force Commander Gus
Please arm the troops as well as you can. We're gonna need it, if we intend to stick around here and survive.
It's right there in the Quote line. But I think yours is better. Also Change Xael's from Deceased to Fate Unknown, I think. She disappeared, btu we don't know she died.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24290 on: November 02, 2015, 08:05:36 pm »

For all you know I ran away to the circus or something.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Nunzillor

« Reply #24291 on: November 02, 2015, 09:17:43 pm »

@spazyak and @Lupanian: Don't forget to cross out your previous actions.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24292 on: November 02, 2015, 09:19:27 pm »

@spazyak and @Lupanian: Don't forget to cross out your previous actions.
ok, thanks for reminding me.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24293 on: November 02, 2015, 10:31:23 pm »

I still have no equipment. I suspect punching things isn't going to help much where I'm going, but I still feel uneasy going into a mission completely itemless.

What's everyone else think?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24294 on: November 02, 2015, 10:35:22 pm »

I still have no equipment. I suspect punching things isn't going to help much where I'm going, but I still feel uneasy going into a mission completely itemless.

do you have money? You start out with 5 tokens, depending on your character there is generally 3 different sets that you purchase. I recommend getting a civic defender long coat and a weapon based off your stats for the other two tokens
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24295 on: November 02, 2015, 10:45:00 pm »

do you have money? You start out with 5 tokens, depending on your character there is generally 3 different sets that you purchase. I recommend getting a civic defender long coat and a weapon based off your stats for the other two tokens

You do realize you're talking to one of the Bastards, i.e. one of the people who was there for mission 1, right?  :P

Anyways, Irony, doesn't faith have tokens still? I was thinking you'd likely want to grab some medic gear as well as maybe a Force Monosword-you did have that shockwave club right? Well the forcefield monosword isn't quite as brute-strength as that, but the statline should be up faith's alley IIRC.

But yeah, buy something :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24296 on: November 02, 2015, 10:47:50 pm »

Just buy a large drum of HMRC standard and challenge your foes to a drinking contest.
Bonus points if said foe is an insane alien space god.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24297 on: November 02, 2015, 10:49:43 pm »

You do realize you're talking to one of the Bastards, i.e. one of the people who was there for mission 1, right?  :P

Anyways, Irony, doesn't faith have tokens still? I was thinking you'd likely want to grab some medic gear as well as maybe a Force Monosword-you did have that shockwave club right? Well the forcefield monosword isn't quite as brute-strength as that, but the statline should be up faith's alley IIRC.

But yeah, buy something :
I just copy pasted stuff from the wiki, I'm too tired right now to really think. Eh.. yah grab some medic gear and clean up on isle 8 of the testing room department. Please don't shoot the messenger
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24298 on: November 02, 2015, 10:56:17 pm »

That reminds me, why don't we have more pointlessly overcomplicated medical tools? We have those for most other categories.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24299 on: November 02, 2015, 10:59:40 pm »

That reminds me, why don't we have more pointlessly overcomplicated medical tools? We have those for most other categories.
where's the overly long laser scalpel?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1618 1619 [1620] 1621 1622 ... 2205