Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2341571 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24300 on: November 02, 2015, 11:03:00 pm »

Yknow something that would be useful given how often we're incapacitated? A device that connects to a brain and essentially lets the person transplant their own brain into a body, or lift the brain into safety.

Because performing a brain transplant on yourself is something we should be able to do here in ARM.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24301 on: November 02, 2015, 11:40:36 pm »

Anyways, Irony, doesn't faith have tokens still? I was thinking you'd likely want to grab some medic gear as well as maybe a Force Monosword-you did have that shockwave club right? Well the forcefield monosword isn't quite as brute-strength as that, but the statline should be up faith's alley IIRC.

But yeah, buy something :P
22 tokens, according to the wiki. Which makes sense, as I was saving up for a universal manipulator. I'm... not sure if I still want to do that any more! Especially because the Uncon requirement is pretty brutal and now I need to harvest brains for it. Though I do have the skillset for brain swapping and evaluation...

Man, medic gear. That takes me back. A quick glance at the wiki armory suggests our medtech has not advanced much beyond realizing medifoam is the answer to all of life's problems.

I could also get an organo-manip, assuming those exist, to simply warp teammates' flesh back into position. Still need a brain for it and it'd only be "safe" for 3 shots/mission; at 15+X for 3/mission vs 0.5/shot, I'm probably better off buying the medifoam unless I want to actually repair allies and get them back into action. Though speaking of medicry in general, half our team is robots anyway, so I'm wondering how cost efficient patching squishies is...

Monosword sounds super neat, though, I should definitely get one of those.

Current stats are Dex +2, everything else +1; +3 Uncon, +2 Med, +1 Aux, -1 Con. I've also got a levelup waiting, and could get Mind back to +2 with it if I so chose.

That reminds me, why don't we have more pointlessly overcomplicated medical tools? We have those for most other categories.
where's the overly long laser scalpel?
I was just thinking this. We've got guns out the ass, weird-ass doohickies out the ass, and alien fuckery out the ass, but no inhumane medical tech?! I should go suggest some things in Tinker, or something!

The obvious problem being that most of the things you'd want to do to injured teammates most certainly does not count as a valid medical procedure.

Yknow something that would be useful given how often we're incapacitated? A device that connects to a brain and essentially lets the person transplant their own brain into a body, or lift the brain into safety.

Because performing a brain transplant on yourself is something we should be able to do here in ARM.
This has come up at least once before. I do not remember the results of inquiring about escape pod braincases with backup robobodies, but now I want to investigate it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24302 on: November 02, 2015, 11:50:40 pm »

Too bad nobody has xenospit in Limbo. I wonder what kind of effects it would have now.
Good thing I brought some dank bluesmokes for you guys!  :D

Oh, I also have some. And HMRC standard,if you wish. But you are welcome to do the testing as I'm a bit busy at the moment. ;)

I wonder, if we crash into whatever that object is, and all die, what would that make of M25? I mean, they'd have no IC way to learn that we all died; nor Steve would. This could be wiggled one way or another, but now that he has committed to this mission, it's unlikely that he can 'suddenly' back out 'because they're probably all dead'.
Maybe Piecewise would withhold knowledge of our ultimate fate until M25 decides to leave the place, it's rescue mission objective failed?

This growing planet might be one of the consequences pw mentioned. And remember we are in Limbo, whatever happens there may not be real.

So was Xenospit made from Origin tech?

I've been meaning to let Lars go on a spiritual journey, but he never seems to have any free time.
There was some hints indicating it was made from synthflesh, but I don't know. It is possible.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24303 on: November 03, 2015, 12:37:20 am »

Just buy a large drum of HMRC standard and challenge your foes to a drinking contest.
Bonus points if said foe is an insane alien space god.

Taking a page from the Thrak playbook, I see.

22 tokens, according to the wiki. Which makes sense, as I was saving up for a universal manipulator. I'm... not sure if I still want to do that any more! Especially because the Uncon requirement is pretty brutal and now I need to harvest brains for it. Though I do have the skillset for brain swapping and evaluation...

Save up for some of the new crazy tech coming out!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24304 on: November 03, 2015, 02:21:59 am »

You could always become a medic/close quarters expert helped along by minor Exo gear, grab some grenades (Electronades seem pretty efficient for price), a force monosword, monomolecular blade/machete or tesla sabre (If you don't mind friendly fire), crowd-wire gloves, for group control, if you want, you can splurge 16 tokens on a Kin shunt, which, while it's defensive properties may have gotten even more spotty, should still protect you on a good roll, for Exo weapons to round out your repertoire, a force infuser could help, cheap, efficient and can be used for precision spine breaking, an elemental infuser, perhaps, while it has limited ammo, it's cartridges are useful for a variety of purposes or even the pimp cane, for when you really need a morphing weapon without the silly restrictions of the sandbag.

Though from what the armoury reads, there isn't a manip version of a fleshwarper.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24305 on: November 03, 2015, 02:59:16 am »

Spoiler: @IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

(Now that I think of it, the Armory clearly lacks a separate flight-pack option for our robotic overlords... That is something that should be dealt with.)

Spoiler: @AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24306 on: November 03, 2015, 03:04:57 am »

We've been inside the lurker for like five minutes, hold your horses.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24307 on: November 03, 2015, 04:33:02 am »

Spoiler: @AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

I would say a rapidly growing/moving planet popping into existance is on the same scale with dancing albino nudists bleeding black smoke from eyes and mouth and falling black pyramid size of universe.

It is possible pw is running the limbo as a placeholder for M21 continuum, but Limbo is still Limbo. And we are in limbo because I decided to chill some time there while waiting for rescue. It might be real, it might be just usual semireal/hallucination Limbo things. Only piecewise knows.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24308 on: November 03, 2015, 04:47:36 am »

@IronyOwl: Why not a melee battlesuit, trading the I-beam sword it comes with with a giant monoatomic forcefield sword? We need more giant robots and the strength, speed and agility of the melee battlesuit is unmatched. You just need to get a level in Aux, which you could easily do if you get someone to lend you 2 tokens for an enhanced capacity mod, which you can sell later if you want to put it in another skill like Uncon. Or you can just use 5 tokens (or get piecewise to do it for free if he is feeling nice) so you can get +1 Med for -1 Exo or -1 Gen.Knowledge and take 5 points from Med and put them in Aux. Plus your levelup, that will bring you to +2, if you want something cheaper but slightly less efficient.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24309 on: November 03, 2015, 07:22:40 am »

Paris, your minmaxing skills are pretty impressive, I have to say. :)
Also... what does your username actually mean?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24310 on: November 03, 2015, 07:57:42 am »

1 lead sir Jackson II to the testing room
2 give him Pill 1 and tell him to take it once I leave the room
3 leave the room before he takes it

put pill in mouth, do not swallow though, head to drop pods for mission with draco in tow.
Thank you! I promise i will make sure you know the results
Lock the door and tell don't let him out until he takes the pill I'm not going to let him risk the mission, especially since I'm on the mission.

This is metagaming.
Can I at least tell spazyak to just take the damn pill?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24311 on: November 03, 2015, 08:03:36 am »

FWIW, that door probably locks automatically...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24312 on: November 03, 2015, 08:18:23 am »

But my character would be watching, so I could see what happens, when he tried to leave before transforming I would realize he tried to keep the pill, so in a ways it's not really meta gaming
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24313 on: November 03, 2015, 09:40:43 am »

metagaming police are being a bit trigger happy.

locking a door on someone who isnt cooperating is a perfectly valid reaction.
Pulling a gun on someone because they are intending to detonate a bomb or use an amp is metagaming.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24314 on: November 03, 2015, 01:34:40 pm »

metagaming police are being a bit trigger happy.

locking a door on someone who isnt cooperating is a perfectly valid reaction.
Pulling a gun on someone because they are intending to detonate a bomb or use an amp is metagaming.
That, and it makes sense that the door on a testing room autolocks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 ... 2205