Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1693 1694 [1695] 1696 1697 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2354557 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25410 on: December 10, 2015, 07:13:41 pm »

I know. But "man with no legs" sounds a lot dinkier than "weathered badass with 2 wooden legs, one pair of shades, and a revolver that makes things go boom". I was trying to be encouraging.

Yeah, I see.
Our party's general acceptance principle goes "The more the merrier" so far anyway.

Becaue really, guys, a talking rock and a humming rock? How are you going to play with these?
I'm going to turn this around and ask what nerd plays a normal human when the rules could allow you to play as a floating rock. :P
((A nerd who wants to be useful in some actual, practical way?
Exactly!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25411 on: December 10, 2015, 07:20:33 pm »

I know. But "man with no legs" sounds a lot dinkier than "weathered badass with 2 wooden legs, one pair of shades, and a revolver that makes things go boom". I was trying to be encouraging.

Yeah, I see.
Our party's general acceptance principle goes "The more the merrier" so far anyway.

Becaue really, guys, a talking rock and a humming rock? How are you going to play with these?
I'm going to turn this around and ask what nerd plays a normal human when the rules could allow you to play as a floating rock. :P
Nah, he can be useful. You've seen how people tend to throw rocks to distract guards? Now imagine how much more useful it would be to be able to throw a rock that then starts meowing or telling a joke.

I also wonder if there's a belief feedback loop. Does believing belief changes things make belief change things? Does believing in there being a first heaven make a first heaven exist, thus making the people of that heaven see that heaven and make them believe it exists? Does your group going around spreading stories about how it's looking for the first heaven make the first heaven more real? Does it make finding it easier or more possible?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #25412 on: December 10, 2015, 07:40:58 pm »

Nah, he can be useful. You've seen how people tend to throw rocks to distract guards? Now imagine how much more useful it would be to be able to throw a rock that then starts meowing or telling a joke.

I also wonder if there's a belief feedback loop. Does believing belief changes things make belief change things? Does believing in there being a first heaven make a first heaven exist, thus making the people of that heaven see that heaven and make them believe it exists? Does your group going around spreading stories about how it's looking for the first heaven make the first heaven more real? Does it make finding it easier or more possible?

The throwing thig came up more than once when discussing our rock players, you know. There is definitely something appealing about it.

And then there are these questions, which make the setting interesting.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25413 on: December 10, 2015, 09:28:17 pm »

Our party currently consists of a useless hyena, a man with no legs, a powerless wizard, a vulture, a pygmy triceratops, a boulder, and a globe with a brain in it. I wouldn't worry about getting in.
I've missed a lot since I stopped reading when you guys were trying to get the pac-man character down a flight of "stairs" to some weird village.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25414 on: December 10, 2015, 09:33:47 pm »

Yeah, I see.

Why do you think I've been telling everyone I meet about it?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25415 on: December 11, 2015, 02:49:45 am »

M26, you guys should use Leo as a canary bird in early exploration instead of sods when you test whether the new universe can support human life.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #25416 on: December 11, 2015, 04:49:00 am »

Our party currently consists of a useless hyena, a man with no legs, a powerless wizard, a vulture, a pygmy triceratops, a boulder, and a globe with a brain in it. I wouldn't worry about getting in.
I've missed a lot since I stopped reading when you guys were trying to get the pac-man character down a flight of "stairs" to some weird village.

Long story short:
 - we found a giant armored gorilla with buildings and hella lot of loot on its back; we traded some of said loot for a large food supply from the locals, pulled the jeep up there and used the gorilla as a colossal RV ever since
 - the gun purchased in Slenceville turned out to be a freakishly overpowered weapon driven with blood and inner strength of the user; John's oily blood gives it pretty damn good power and explosive effect on impact
 - a fight occurred later on, Pacman died, as did a bunch of others we picked up in the weird village; while fleeing, Xan lost his other arm. John took a shot at the chief offender and collapsed a building on him (it), but then rolled a 1, tripped and shot his legs off; then he proceeded to roll a 6 on a combat roll and, aided with FAITH of the party, annihilate half the attackers at the price of burns all over the body.

That's pretty much it for important things that happened since we tried to push Pacman through the crevice.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25417 on: December 11, 2015, 08:11:18 am »

Faith is really getting around on these days.

Edit: And seriously, Leo has been in limbo far too long. Years by now. Isn't it time to finish him in permanent manner? Execute him out of pity if nothing else.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:17:09 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25418 on: December 11, 2015, 08:26:38 am »

Leo started interacting with Miya back at the swtart of summer. Things kinda seemed to taper off though.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25419 on: December 11, 2015, 09:06:40 am »

You've got the subject/object relationship backwards there, Ozark.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25420 on: December 11, 2015, 09:14:39 am »

Miya with Leo, then. Thanks for the correction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25421 on: December 11, 2015, 09:36:32 am »

I had the oddest dream. A dream about playing a videogame. Something like a cross between dragon's dogma and dark souls with a tribal/mayan style in a giant tower of babel style building. Fighting a bunch of lizard men in a dark stairwell down to a giant open room filled with stepped pyramids and stone balconies. Then fighting several different colored t-rex like dragons by hookshotting around the room and landing on their backs or similar antics.

Now I'm kinda disappointed this game isn't coming out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #25422 on: December 11, 2015, 09:48:33 am »

It does sound like the kind of game that would exist though.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25423 on: December 11, 2015, 01:50:13 pm »

I'd enjoy it, as a dream or asa game.

Noticing the anthropomorphic cat with thumbs, Arty approaches it slowly and crouches near Lyra, careful to keep out of her attack range.
Approaches and keeps out of her range? make up your mind hooman!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 1693 1694 [1695] 1696 1697 ... 2205