Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1698 1699 [1700] 1701 1702 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2353391 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25485 on: December 15, 2015, 03:33:17 pm »

This wikignome starts with Misc items and then goes to sleep.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

« Reply #25486 on: December 15, 2015, 03:36:01 pm »

Does matter saver come with one free, cheapest cartridge?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25487 on: December 15, 2015, 03:36:11 pm »

This wikignome claims conventional.

Edit:
ALRIGHT

We need more Exo and Uncon weapons ASAP so I'm giving Tinkerers a lot more free reign. Submit ideas, suggestions, finished submitting, anything. Straight up token payments to accepted ideas and royalties from purchases.
So how are we handling payment for these things?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:45:16 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25488 on: December 15, 2015, 03:47:16 pm »

PW never did run the remainder of those posts in tinker, which might be kinda unfair for those whose ideas were apparently never even considered or reviewed. And determining which proposals/ideas/vague suggestions lead to what might be difficult in some cases.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25489 on: December 15, 2015, 03:50:25 pm »

Council isnt one to talk about not finishing things.

Still havent got back to me on my accepted sharkmist equipment.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25490 on: December 15, 2015, 03:50:37 pm »

You can't just say you'll pay someone for their ideas and then not pay them for their ideas. That's not cool at all.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25491 on: December 15, 2015, 03:57:50 pm »

Council isnt one to talk about not finishing things.

Still havent got back to me on my accepted sharkmist equipment.

Things do fall between the cracks sometimes, sorry. Can you link to the write-up for that, so we can review it? We're reviewing syv's thing now that he reminded us, so it's not like we ignore things on purpose.

You can't just say you'll pay someone for their ideas and then not pay them for their ideas. That's not cool at all.
Just pointing it out really. It's also not cool if your ideas were never viewed, meaning you never even had a fair chance just because you couldn't post early enough. Either way, we'll see what pw thinks about it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25492 on: December 15, 2015, 04:11:36 pm »

Oh we never even got to the write up phase, I was waiting for you guys to finish with the less mundane items before we had our conversation about what chemicals I can and cannot produce with sharkmist.

if you want I can throw you some concepts now and then write something up when I get home.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25493 on: December 15, 2015, 04:12:39 pm »

Just because you were uncool to some people doesn't mean you should make an effort to be uncool to everyone. Be cool to those who you still have the option to be cool to.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25494 on: December 15, 2015, 04:15:27 pm »

Just because you were uncool to some people doesn't mean you should make an effort to be uncool to everyone. Be cool to those who you still have the option to be cool to.

True, but there are also other options. Random example, giving a token to everyone who posted in that thread for their effort, even if their idea wasn't used (or even reviewed). This rewards everyone who took the trouble to write out ideas, without punishing those who couldn't post in time.

Oh we never even got to the write up phase, I was waiting for you guys to finish with the less mundane items before we had our conversation about what chemicals I can and cannot produce with sharkmist.

if you want I can throw you some concepts now and then write something up when I get home.

Might be better to work with pw first for a bit to get a better idea of what you can and can't do (for the record, I don't really remember what the idea you are referring to is about) and what exactly the project entails before the council steps in. On things like what artifacts can or can't do pw's the final authority either way.

By the way, M25 people: I edited the wiki for the new axis system, and posted it in the thread. Here's hoping this will be easier to work with!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:27:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25495 on: December 15, 2015, 04:26:54 pm »

it was medkits and venomous melee weapons.

he threw out a council tag so I thought he wanted you to do it for him.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25496 on: December 15, 2015, 04:30:28 pm »

it was medkits and venomous melee weapons.

he threw out a council tag so I thought he wanted you to do it for him.

Ah, was it during the big 'everyone give me your ideas' thing? In that case, what we did for some of the [council] tagged things was give pw our ideas on it in terms of usability and possible problems such via council pm. We never copied it all in the thread cause we figured he'd just take our advice into account and then come back the the person himself. In the end however, I don't think he really did anything with all of it :/

If you really want, I can dig up what the council said about your stuff and post it.

EDIT: not even sure if we ever got to your thing before pw switched gears and showed us his list of things to work on. So, uhh, no promises.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:36:15 pm by Radio Controlled »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25497 on: December 15, 2015, 04:35:22 pm »

post or PM whatevers good for you.

Im curious as to what ideas you guys had on it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25498 on: December 15, 2015, 04:46:11 pm »

Dang, you missed the edit:
EDIT: not even sure if we ever got to your thing before pw switched gears and showed us his list of things to work on. So, uhh, no promises.

I'll dig through my pm's a bit more just in case, but yeah, it seems we didn't really make it to reviewing your thing in depth before we had to look at pw's own list of stuff (it was only like 2 or 3 days or so in between, IIRC). so yeah, sorry for getting your hopes up.

This is all I found:

Sharkmist melee weapons that produce acids/venoms.
Hmm. That could work. [council]
Dunno, most normal sword can't go through armor, and if the target doesn't have armor I think you wouldn't need the acid. Now, if the sword were to deposit short-lived armor-eating sharkmist though...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25499 on: December 15, 2015, 04:46:30 pm »

True, but there are also other options. Random example, giving a token to everyone who posted in that thread for their effort, even if their idea wasn't used (or even reviewed). This rewards everyone who took the trouble to write out ideas, without punishing those who couldn't post in time.
That might be an okay option. It's just giving a participation prize though, without actually rewarding quality or quantity of work. That's still not very fair. Hmm.
Pages: 1 ... 1698 1699 [1700] 1701 1702 ... 2205