Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2357056 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25905 on: December 26, 2015, 01:32:49 pm »

As per Christmas:

1. Dev's Character's head explodes. Marry Christmas Dev, I grant you death.

2. This egg idea is pretty neat but I feel like having 45 new critters running around would cause some poor wiki gnome to consider pulling a Dev. Maybe someone can think of a good related alternative?

3.Random items and potions are fun and all, but we've done it before. At least I don't want to use the same generator twice...I am working on a new weapon generator...
You could always just allow everyone to get out of M25 and Limbo safe and sound, because now everyone is really just faffing about and doing not much at all there. Isn't the gift of life and freedom the greatest gift of all?

seriously now, as for actual gifts new random weapons could be nice. Though maybe give people something their character can actually use. Santa wouldn't give skeelers to a kid with no legs, would he?

Alternatively, a personalized artifact for everyone, that isn't all that powerful but has a cool/useful effect. Though making an artifact for every player is probably way too much work.

Other than that I don't really know. Some lore tidbits? Eggnog for everyone that got spiked by the Doc? Another ER talk?
If you guys really want out of 25 and limbo, we can do that. Game fun comes first.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25906 on: December 26, 2015, 01:39:37 pm »

If you guys really want out of 25 and limbo, we can do that. Game fun comes first.
You'd have to ask the other players first. Don't listen to me, I'm just salty because Pan got stripped of all his stuff and is now about as useful as a retarded sloth. I can't even keep the seats warm, what with my cold robotic ass. 

Call me paranoid, but I also don't like the way how you're okay with this. It feels like a genie asking me "are you sure you want to get out of Limbo? We can do that, suuuure.". Or a monkey's paw. You know the kind of wishes I'm talking about.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25907 on: December 26, 2015, 01:39:58 pm »

I don't want 25 to end yet. People are actually starting to do things like blast anomalies with heavy weaponry or try escaping them with fancy maneuvering. We shouldn't end the mission right as things start to get interesting. I want to see people fuck up and die.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25908 on: December 26, 2015, 01:45:53 pm »

I don't want 25 to end yet. People are actually starting to do things like blast anomalies with heavy weaponry or try escaping them with fancy maneuvering. We shouldn't end the mission right as things start to get interesting. I want to see people fuck up and die.

Indeed! The replacement characters must flow!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25909 on: December 26, 2015, 01:49:50 pm »

As for mad max with wizards: well, what is typical for mad max, and postapocalyptic settings in general?
Scarce resources and societal collapse seem to be a staple. Makes society more brutal as people fight for resources, some band together, some start raiding to survive, all that good stuff. But what to make scarce in a society with magic?

Why, perhaps the 'resource' that allows magic to be done? Imagine it, wizards having to scrounge the land for the precious few remaining sources that fuels their magic (lore wise, explains why society collapsed: a golden age after magic was discovered/learned, but decline as the source became scarce). Gives a nice gameplay mechanic: you can use your magic as you want, but if you use too much without securing/finding a way to refuel, you're screwed. Encourages greed and backstabbing.

Oh, and maybe make it so wizards who go without this 'fuel' for too long start loosing their mind and going insane, maybe even start mutating into horrible monsters. So embracing magic gives enormous potential and might, but like a nasty drug it means that once you get hooked, you're in it for life, one way or another, no turning back. Always looking for that next hit. And gives even more urgency for getting that magic fuel. Maybe the monsters hunt wizards to feed that primal urge for the drug, cause they can't do the ritual to harvest the fuel into a usable form, so they just eat those who have some in them.

What the fuel exactly is, could do several things. Something you ingest or inject, or which you tap from natural sources. Maybe some oil-like substance which flows from certain places. Or make it so 'life force' fuels magic. Meaning you have people who carefully tend to gardens or lifestock to harvest their life force, while others hunt around for natural sources of it, while the most ruthless hunt humans or other wizards (cause those are the most abundant sources of lifeforce).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25910 on: December 26, 2015, 01:57:30 pm »

There's only so much person not piloting the ship can do after initial problems are figured out. I don't personally mind getting out, though I only jumped into Limbo to have something to do while waiting for rescue. But then it transformed into a gamble mission for double levelup and there's not much to do. Or at least I can't think anything meaningfull to do.

Edit: Personalized weak artifacts sounds fun, but might be challenging to generate for newer characters.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:22:47 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25911 on: December 26, 2015, 02:19:48 pm »

New random weapons could be fun, call them one off artifacts produced by the research teams. Problem is that I'm sure there would be some overpowered ones that could be extremely unbalanced. Could do something like over in Guns, Cash, and Glory, you pick one category, weapon/protection/consumable, and get something generated in that category. That way you have some control over what you might get.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25912 on: December 26, 2015, 02:28:20 pm »

Maybe everyone can choose a skill or stat and get something random related to that. So no one gets something useless to them.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25913 on: December 26, 2015, 02:52:11 pm »

Do the Steve bot controlled by a growing AI trained by ARMy men I described in Tinker. What could possibly go wrong?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25914 on: December 26, 2015, 02:58:44 pm »

Randomly generated sex toys

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25915 on: December 26, 2015, 03:03:28 pm »

A few possibly random, probably coincidental observations
vast down drama. advantage yawned criticism
all fold police
option after guess. proposal constituted? music shitting site. sport bursting mouth? definition by wind? he questioned dimension.Saint asked about the coordinate system for the universe machine all presided virus one of the universes was highly corrosive - a virus that ate all?
fuel took silver. his donated topic. their nod junior
star far from past. no one bird inculcated catch. their confusing factor. bite audit. they beach opining hold. we second forced grand. our physical bid math. the paint expanded? package repaired deep?wondering how M24 is going he stared storage? anyone handling resolve. someone profile lied coat? he dry deaththe Doctor's method of escaping execution
theirs persuaded reaction.M21 in a nutshell motor horrifiedM21 concluded
their wandering craft.Limbo thread measurement upon camera? could be a number of situations source as For crew. sound fit/fitted personality.I mentioned at one point that some of the new exo stuff might fit Dester's personality notice opposite of dog.Could be m21, could be m25 'oh you' moment piano less association. in manner managed. another map shed calm.A little ascii clarification ended some movement questions in m25 radio betrayed club.He denies this completely. On the other hand, perhaps communications between ships attracted attention recover redone
quiet surpassed revenue?Could be a summary of the m23 results he partook design
we knowledge standing wind? our distribution redid pin. today corrodes?Either the Lurker corroding hte universe, or the corrosive universe we checked out in m26 development competed. necessary immured dad. in bridge squeezed.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25916 on: December 26, 2015, 03:19:06 pm »

How about, like the 3 random animal/pets idea:

3 (or some other number) randomised (?) machines or devices on ship?

Along the lines of the, I don't know, deathcube, pill machine, maybe a gene splicer: these being possibly vanilla examples of devices that could be made. I guess the armory could be considered another one, at least the dispenser could. But if you could randomly generate some...

I have realised that I sort of want to make a rather SG game involving making something randomly generative. Anyway, above idea: thoughts?
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25917 on: December 26, 2015, 03:54:32 pm »

Oh! I know what a good Christmas present would be! Steve has records of all the past HMRC members, I bet. He could download replicas of the brains of the more successful ones into peole's heads, much like the ghosts in a bottle that one guy had. Advisor personalities, with the risk of madness, loss of control, or skill/stat loss. Merry Christmas all!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25918 on: December 26, 2015, 03:55:58 pm »

Oh! I know what a good Christmas present would be! Steve has records of all the past HMRC members, I bet. He could download replicas of the brains of the more successful ones into peole's heads, much like the ghosts in a bottle that one guy had. Advisor personalities, with the risk of madness, loss of control, or skill/stat loss. Merry Christmas all!
+1 that's preety cool.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25919 on: December 26, 2015, 04:00:29 pm »

Have a simulation of Mesk yell at you inside your head? :P
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 2205