Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1727 1728 [1729] 1730 1731 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356885 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25920 on: December 26, 2015, 04:01:31 pm »

Ooh I know! Some more of that drug that lets you see The Sheep!
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25921 on: December 26, 2015, 04:06:12 pm »

I totally haven't been stasis-catatonic Oh dear!

Well, since no one has referenced it yet, I'll have to be first:

As per Christmas:

1. Dev's Character's head explodes. Marry Christmas Dev, I grant you death.

2. <...>

"One Christmas gift shall be: to put the rebel to sleep for all time." I'm onto you, Piecewise.  ~_~
(Note: This isn't a comment on Dev-Lenglon hostilities (I sincerely hope things will get better), it's a teaser for the upcoming Piecewise/Devastator meta-ER slashfic. Because ER always needs more bodies slashfiction.  :P)

On other points: Personally, I would ask for nothing but to inject a few more extra years' worth of life into ER. It is my understanding that ahem latest developments changed the planned future quite radically, speeding up to end-game plans and discarding half of the events and missions you had in store for us (more like, 70-90%, I guess), so it means that those developments inadvertently hastened the end of ER. Thus, my only true wish is to give it back the time it lost (with some other content introduced), and even add more. It will be a rough year when the ER ends.

But if that's impossible and if we are talking about things you could randomly generate to gift us, I remember another cool random generator you haven't quite had to use on us (apart from maybe M23 and M14): the cult generator. So how would it be if, for the Christmas gift to us, you spawned a newborn cult (or better, several - just to get the enjoyable variety of things) on the Sword/on Hephaestus? Complete with bizarre objects and methods of worship - and yes, with certain supernatural benefits (passive "blessings", specific "miracles", etc.) granted by following it. It'd finally give some "real" incentive to play as a "religious" character, should fit the ER theme because of how random and weird generated results will be (and how much chaos/Fun would ensue), and even might give something to explore/discover - as the cults would be fledgling, and proper worship methods not yet refined/fully invented. After all, what better time would it be to introduce new religious entities (suspected of extrauniversal origin) than right after the invasion of Lurker in the Angles, with all the chaos and upheaval, both social and universal? ;)

(For the record, I understand that for some this idea might come quite off for some people, but I don't intend this suggestion to be sacrilege. Instead, I am trying to re-imagine the centuries surrounding - and following - the original historical event, rife with cults and religions (minor and major, rising and falling from following), prophets, mages and priests, miracles false and (if we are to go by reported accounts) real. It's quite a handful, especially towards the end of the Roman Empire - theme quite fitting for the current UWM/ARM/humanity situation.)

Anyway, merry Christmas (past or coming, depending on your denomination), and soon-to-come happy New Year, friends! :)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25922 on: December 26, 2015, 04:10:47 pm »

Have a simulation of Mesk yell at you inside your head? :P
I would prefer somone who used exo though mesk would be a close second.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25923 on: December 26, 2015, 04:12:23 pm »

I totally haven't been stasis-catatonic Oh dear!

Well, since no one has referenced it yet, I'll have to be first:

As per Christmas:

1. Dev's Character's head explodes. Marry Christmas Dev, I grant you death.

2. <...>

"One Christmas gift shall be: to put the rebel to sleep for all time." I'm onto you, Piecewise.  ~_~
(Note: This isn't a comment on Dev-Lenglon hostilities (I sincerely hope things will get better), it's a teaser for the upcoming Piecewise/Devastator meta-ER slashfic. Because ER always needs more bodies slashfiction.  :P)

On other points: Personally, I would ask for nothing but to inject a few more extra years' worth of life into ER. It is my understanding that ahem latest developments changed the planned future quite radically, speeding up to end-game plans and discarding half of the events and missions you had in store for us (more like, 70-90%, I guess), so it means that those developments inadvertently hastened the end of ER. Thus, my only true wish is to give it back the time it lost (with some other content introduced), and even add more. It will be a rough year when the ER ends.

But if that's impossible and if we are talking about things you could randomly generate to gift us, I remember another cool random generator you haven't quite had to use on us (apart from maybe M23 and M14): the cult generator. So how would it be if, for the Christmas gift to us, you spawned a newborn cult (or better, several - just to get the enjoyable variety of things) on the Sword/on Hephaestus? Complete with bizarre objects and methods of worship - and yes, with certain supernatural benefits (passive "blessings", specific "miracles", etc.) granted by following it. It'd finally give some "real" incentive to play as a "religious" character, should fit the ER theme because of how random and weird generated results will be (and how much chaos/Fun would ensue), and even might give something to explore/discover - as the cults would be fledgling, and proper worship methods not yet refined/fully invented. After all, what better time would it be to introduce new religious entities (suspected of extrauniversal origin) than right after the invasion of Lurker in the Angles, with all the chaos and upheaval, both social and universal? ;)

(For the record, I understand that for some this idea might come quite off for some people, but I don't intend this suggestion to be sacrilege. Instead, I am trying to re-imagine the centuries surrounding - and following - the original historical event, rife with cults and religions (minor and major, rising and falling from following), prophets, mages and priests, miracles false and (if we are to go by reported accounts) real. It's quite a handful, especially towards the end of the Roman Empire - theme quite fitting for the current UWM/ARM/humanity situation.)

Anyway, merry Christmas (past or coming, depending on your denomination), and soon-to-come happy New Year, friends! :)
+1
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25924 on: December 26, 2015, 04:15:59 pm »

Dev-Lenglon... meta-ER slashfic. Because ER always needs more bodies slashfiction.  :P)

Cowritten, I presume?
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25925 on: December 26, 2015, 04:16:34 pm »

This, but not necessarily ER specifically. I mean, if we could have more ER that would be great, but if it's gotta end it's gotta end. I just hope there will be more Piecewise after it. Another game of the same quality and scale with PW at the helm, doesn't really matter what it's about.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25926 on: December 26, 2015, 04:19:45 pm »

The moment that ER ends (probably in screaming and fire) will be a magical and exciting period of adventure and discovery, as we all proceed into the great unknown together.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25927 on: December 26, 2015, 04:23:11 pm »

Wonder what happens to this subforum when this ends. Is it possible to lock an entire subforum?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #25928 on: December 26, 2015, 04:24:36 pm »

Wonder what happens to this subforum when this ends. Is it possible to lock an entire subforum?

Rename to Piecewise Domain, move Intoxicated and Infinite Heavens here?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25929 on: December 26, 2015, 04:30:03 pm »

@Piecewise
Are you actually considering doing MMWW instead of one of your other games?  This fills me with joy!

Anyway, here's a spoiler listing the things I really like about it (in order):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahh, happy memories... (click to show/hide)

@Christmas gifts
I'd prefer the suggestion where we get just a few creatures, which are pets of ARM as a whole.  Everybody getting a randomized weapon is... less interesting, more bookkeeping, and more difficult to balance.  We've got, what, sixty players?  Some people are practically guaranteed to get completely, horribly, OP weapons.

With creatures, even if one is really OP, at least no individual has ownership of it.  Nik's idea is also good.  Cults are fun!

@that series of seemingly random phrases
IMO, this is probably related to the Doctor's Cipher.  All the short, cut-off statements certainly fits his speech pattern.  Perhaps every word was changed to a random synonym?  Or maybe it's just a red herring.  PW does like to give us cryptic hints about the coming apocalypse, which are too unintelligible to use. 

Regardless, I highly doubt each little phrase is a reference to something, like Ozark seems to be saying.  PW doesn't read a lot of the RP, and he certainly wouldn't remember minor tidbits of it.

@Nik
I don't think we've actually hastened PW's plans much--two years ago, he said ER would probably last for one to four years.  Now, he says it'll last another one or two.  It's kept the same maximum length.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25930 on: December 26, 2015, 04:30:22 pm »

I recall that Toady was hesitant to make subforums dedicated to specific people, as that has caused problems in the modding subforum in the past. Maybe the relative stability of this subforum has changed the situation though.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25931 on: December 26, 2015, 05:12:26 pm »

Huh, didn't know pw had already written out that much for MMWW. Disregard earlier post on that subject then, lot of it overlaps anyway.

Dev-Lenglon... meta-ER slashfic. Because ER always needs more bodies slashfiction.  :P)

Cowritten, I presume?

A love story for the ages, that one. Like two hedgehogs, the closer they get the more it hurts.

I recall that Toady was hesitant to make subforums dedicated to specific people, as that has caused problems in the modding subforum in the past. Maybe the relative stability of this subforum has changed the situation though.

We need to ask permission to run pw's other games in here as well, then keep ER alive through fangames and using the ER ooc as general ooc thread. Loophole!

But more seriously, it does make one wonder when er quits and/or pw stops running rtd's here, what'll happen with it all. Just some memories shared by a motley collection of people spread across the world, and an old archive that occasionally gets rediscovered by someone trudging through bay12. Who then tries to archive binge it, but inevitably fails because it's just too damn expansive and spread out, meaning the only ones who truly know what went on are the people who were there to live through it's history and helped in creating it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:17:29 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25932 on: December 26, 2015, 05:23:17 pm »

I'm just glad to have been and continue to be a part of it. But yeah, binging through is a monumental task. I only got to about the 4th mission, and when I started I was on Nightshifts where the only thing I had to do was read shit on the internet (I caught up on 3-4 years of homestuck in 3 weeks)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #25933 on: December 26, 2015, 05:36:34 pm »

I guess we could all just hang around RtD board, maybe frequent IRC channel.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25934 on: December 26, 2015, 05:39:19 pm »

...I wouldn't mind learning a randomly-generated martial art suitable for haebi limb.
Pages: 1 ... 1727 1728 [1729] 1730 1731 ... 2205