Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1768 1769 [1770] 1771 1772 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2357649 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26535 on: January 15, 2016, 04:16:27 pm »

There's only one solution: use a ShakeWeight.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26536 on: January 15, 2016, 05:34:16 pm »

We all need to piss about with this, its really purty.

I did ER.

http://www.random-art.org/

I did cat Friend, CAT FRIEND, and barf laces. turns out, capitalization matters. think I might do some more variations on barf laces. Welcome to join me in this important exploration of the juxtaposition of vomitus and long, thin, flexible objects.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26537 on: January 15, 2016, 05:45:46 pm »

null
Looks cool.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26538 on: January 15, 2016, 05:47:43 pm »

Well, Maurice is back, and this means he is fulfilling his sworn oath (even if it turns out his "last request").

So... any ideas for what relatively simple symbol could represent struggle, pain, and perseverance (all of them potentially involuntary)? I can easily feel the ideas related to here, but finding a proper visual key has proved surprisingly difficult, at least to me. (I'd possibly go for a drop of blood, but it's already taken by Hen'di.)

Also, I've been reading the Pantheon yet again, and it finally caught my attention how many key traits do Maurice's Mistress and Kal-Rath share (fondness for struggle, for those who survive, etc.; direct opposition to the <censored> deity, which I believe is the "death" god); however, the differences might be slightly more subtle, but they still are undeniable - Kal-Rath exemplifies personal might and will, disdains the weak and seeking her help, while the other exemplifies the existential essence of living, in all - both weak and strong, and in fact would just as well enjoy thrusting continued life upon the unwilling. Perhaps they should be considered (twin, or maybe not) sisters?.. That would be the easiest explanation that doesn't change anything already written about the Pantheon in a major way, at least as far as I can see.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26539 on: January 15, 2016, 05:56:24 pm »

chains

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26540 on: January 15, 2016, 05:57:54 pm »

Well, Maurice is back, and this means he is fulfilling his sworn oath (even if it turns out his "last request").

So... any ideas for what relatively simple symbol could represent struggle, pain, and perseverance (all of them potentially involuntary)? I can easily feel the ideas related to here, but finding a proper visual key has proved surprisingly difficult, at least to me. (I'd possibly go for a drop of blood, but it's already taken by Hen'di.)

Also, I've been reading the Pantheon yet again, and it finally caught my attention how many key traits do Maurice's Mistress and Kal-Rath share (fondness for struggle, for those who survive, etc.; direct opposition to the <censored> deity, which I believe is the "death" god); however, the differences might be slightly more subtle, but they still are undeniable - Kal-Rath exemplifies personal might and will, disdains the weak and seeking her help, while the other exemplifies the existential essence of living, in all - both weak and strong, and in fact would just as well enjoy thrusting continued life upon the unwilling. Perhaps they should be considered (twin, or maybe not) sisters?.. That would be the easiest explanation that doesn't change anything already written about the Pantheon in a major way, at least as far as I can see.
Yes, because the Pantheon is definitely not a document that's been heavily edited and marked up in the past. :P
It'd be perfectly in keeping with the book's history for Maurice to make a few changes, I think.

Nunzillor

« Reply #26541 on: January 15, 2016, 05:58:13 pm »

chains
+1.  Or possibly bloody chains.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26542 on: January 15, 2016, 06:16:49 pm »

I want to specify this, because it seems pancaek and Maurice have different memories of how they were rescued, was it retconned so that Maurice and Co. escaped from the Lurker in their ship without being trapped there, or did we just do a timeskip to when Miya and Co. saved our asses?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26543 on: January 15, 2016, 06:22:29 pm »

Timeskip I think.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26544 on: January 15, 2016, 06:39:09 pm »

I want to specify this, because it seems pancaek and Maurice have different memories of how they were rescued, was it retconned so that Maurice and Co. escaped from the Lurker in their ship without being trapped there, or did we just do a timeskip to when Miya and Co. saved our asses?
Do we? With Maurice it was mostly a delayed thank-you to Steve because of the lack of communications past the moment of Lurker-space expansion (i.e. something he meant to say ever since the end of M21). I intentionally didn't mention any details about our handwave-skipped rescue to avoid such conflicts.

And, for the record, theoretically we could have exited the blackspace by ourselves (at least, I don't think there was ever stated any reason why we couldn't). We'll never know now, but the way I understood it it was less "we cannot leave blackspace" and more "blackspace distorts time/space, it must have taken us years of time to get to the outer reaches of the system, where the rescue vessel (the Sword, in our case) would wait for us". I guess. :)

chains
+1.  Or possibly bloody chains.
You know? I like it. I really like it, both variants. Plus the whole implication of "human DNA is also a chain". I'd still like to hear other ideas, but thank you very much for this input.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26545 on: January 16, 2016, 12:46:06 am »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26546 on: January 16, 2016, 12:48:59 am »

Assasin looks like it started at 290.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26547 on: January 16, 2016, 12:49:16 am »

assass. gotta get the kill on.
gog damgit strawpoll

Looks like it's being vandalized by a bot or something. I made a test poll and as soon as I voted the other option shot way up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:53:07 am by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26548 on: January 16, 2016, 12:53:46 am »

Have Lars and Saint met yet?

His name is likely to produce a syntax error in Lars' holiness perception centers, so they have been deliberately kept apart until now.

That's what I get for failing to keep up on the OOC thread for a while; I miss gold like this.

I'd feel really sad if Lars died. That mad preacher is one of my favourite characters. And he doesn't even have any disciples to carry on the Faith of Steve-ism. Let's hope that fate of his helps.

On the other hand, Toaster has always made fun characters. It will be interesting to see what he does next, if he ends up dying.

Well, we'll see what happens.  I do like Lars, but sometimes I feel like he's getting a little worn out.  I certainly would be happy to finish out ER with him, but I'll absolutely rejoin if he goes on to meet Steve.  That said, I don't have a replacement in mind for him, but hey, membership in the 3-character club!

(I have a new Special People character in mind though, if you're curious)

Unrelated but I'm curious: Those of you have played my various games, what is it about them you liked and what did you dislike?

For future reference.

Hmm.  The dark comedy combined with the shenanigans and the interesting world brought me to ER, but Perplexicon is one of the few games I've sat around and GM-stalked to see when an update might be coming.  It was just a really interesting concept that really had my attention.

It's hard to sum it up, but good storytelling, interesting worlds, dark comedy, interesting mechanics, and reliable updates (plus incredible dedication) all play a role.

minor negative one: sometimes there is a possibly unnecessary level of vagueness to replies, which can carry over from round to round, requiring certain questions to be repeated several times in a mission. Sometimes, of course, this vagueness is appropriate (and often vagueness comes from the players' side), but sometimes it deels like the answer is available to the Gm and there is no significant reason we don't get it, and it can hinder an action or course of action.

Don't flood the poor guy, but a couple times I've PMed him for clarification and gotten a speedy response that saved a turn.  I've seen the vagueness though, but I've always attributed it to heavy workload.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26549 on: January 16, 2016, 02:33:55 am »

For the new mission(s), since the strawpoll is broken, I made a poll on the wiki with the same options. See link in my sig.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1768 1769 [1770] 1771 1772 ... 2205