Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2353939 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2805 on: April 15, 2014, 05:01:12 pm »

Oh.

And as noted IC, I was right.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: April 15, 2014, 05:02:18 pm »

People with robo-bodies should probably adjust their Wiki profile accordingly so we may know how exactly they are supposed to be damaged and killed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: April 15, 2014, 05:04:32 pm »

I figured if Thaddeus had to use his amp, it would be better to do it farther away, moving closer to the team, so that the rest of the straight combat people could take out the sods closest to the team. I also figured if something bad happened, amp wise, it would be better to happen farther away
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: April 15, 2014, 05:56:47 pm »

Oh.

And as noted IC, I was right.

Maybe it's friendly.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2809 on: April 15, 2014, 05:58:01 pm »

Else, if I can tongue a switch without being seen, ask Skylar for help or for him to review my camera footage or for him to connect to my suit and magnify until he can read the number off the sod's helmet's reflection. Or maybe ask him to hack into the sod's camera or something.

(( I'm operating on the assumption that sometime shortly after we found them, I looked at both ID's, so Steve should have a recording. If he doesn't, we'll see how this goes.

Hacking into the Sod's gear sounds !!Fun!! Also, if they have open wireless connections, I will personally hunt down and murder whoever is responsible for modern UWM system design.
May I add that right now I am about as terrified of what will happen if we succeed as if we fail? Because I'm betting the sod sweeps the elevator either way, in which case I am doomed XD))
you could just send me a wristpad message and have it be displayed on my HUD. Quick and silent.
And you can press the close door button the moment we exit.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: April 15, 2014, 06:02:42 pm »

Maybe it's friendly.
If it is, all the more reason to not cut out of the elevator.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2811 on: April 15, 2014, 06:33:28 pm »

((You might as well try to turn a hamburger back into a cow.))
If it flash froze, wouldn't that mean that cells wouldn't have time to be dehydrated and crystals wouldn't have time to form? So his cells should be fine. If they roll a 5, then they could thaw him and restart his heart. If they didn't roll a 5 though...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: April 15, 2014, 06:38:17 pm »

If it flash froze, wouldn't that mean that cells wouldn't have time to be dehydrated and crystals wouldn't have time to form? So his cells should be fine. If they roll a 5, then they could thaw him and restart his heart. If they didn't roll a 5 though...
*Glances at Xan* right, so 1/6 chance of permakill when using a dynamic bonus?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: April 15, 2014, 06:47:25 pm »

If it flash froze, wouldn't that mean that cells wouldn't have time to be dehydrated and crystals wouldn't have time to form?
I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact conditions you need to freeze water to avoid it crystallizing, but I don't think it was fast or gentle enough.
Sig

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: April 15, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »

If I remember correctly, slow is good, fast is devastating and forms nice, sharp spikes to lyce cells with :P

Up to PW whether he's dead or perma-dead, but either way I think trying to revive him is asking for trouble XD

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2815 on: April 15, 2014, 07:10:43 pm »

Yeah, I don't remember well either, but I think that doing it slowly causes cells to get dehydrated.
Of course, gameplay comes before realism, as it should be, so it's all up to piecewise. I bet it's something like we had with Pancaek. They can try, but there's a high chance of permakilling.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:12:16 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: April 15, 2014, 07:14:08 pm »

Wrong way around, dude. Because there was nothing to prevent it, the crystals did form. All of the cells in the frozen area are shredded. Not sure where you're getting dehydration, though.

This is one problem with putting people in cryogenic stasis in reality - how to prevent that happening. I think one solution might've been to flush the person's blood and replace it with glycerin or something.

Morul and Pyro aren't injured but they're completely freaking immobile because Xan froze the dang moisture in the air around them.

How does this immobilize us? That would basically coat us in a layer of frost, and that's about it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:17:10 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: April 15, 2014, 07:18:40 pm »

Is it okay if the cow has a different personality and has tentacles? It'll still have udders and eat grass...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: April 15, 2014, 07:46:22 pm »

In fairness, you all knew my track record. Now then, those bodies aren't doing the UWM any good.

Go eat what's left of the crew's bodies.

Gotta keep up that track record.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: April 15, 2014, 08:06:52 pm »

If I remember correctly, slow is good, fast is devastating and forms nice, sharp spikes to lyce cells with :P
Slow lets the crystals form. If you can cool the water quickly enough, and without jostling it, you can get it to A. be liquid below freezing and, more usefully, B. make it freeze in a glassy, non-jagged-crystal form.

Not sure where you're getting dehydration, though.
Hell if I know.

I think one solution might've been to flush the person's blood and replace it with glycerin or something.
That's to keep cells oxygenated while they're being frozen.

How does this immobilize us? That would basically coat us in a layer of frost, and that's about it.
It's a very thick layer of frost.

Is it okay if the cow has a different personality and has tentacles? It'll still have udders and eat grass...
Xantalos, stop hacking Emp's account.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 2205