Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2347190 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2880 on: April 17, 2014, 03:24:25 am »

I can see it now. The pizza man arrives after 30 years with his courier ship. Simus refuses to accept the order and pay the delivery guy. The delivery guy leaves, furious.

60 years later, the pizza payment claimingfleet and the 2nd Lawyer Army arrive to seek payment. An epic struggle begins...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 17, 2014, 03:33:51 am »

I can see it now. The pizza man arrives after 30 years with his courier ship. Simus refuses to accept the order and pay the delivery guy. The delivery guy leaves, furious.

60 years later, the pizza payment claimingfleet and the 2nd Lawyer Army arrive to seek payment. An epic struggle begins...

The pizza man arrives after 30 years, and Simus successfully argues that it's actually been a few weeks past thirty years and that, according to company policy, the pizza is thus free.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2882 on: April 17, 2014, 03:42:09 am »

Better yet, Simus uses a dangerous alien artifact to speed up time. Unfortunately, this causes a paradox and spacetime begins to unravel. As causality becomes meaningless around her, Simus shrugs saying "So what? Free space pizza." and puts a slice of pizza in her synthetic mouth.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 17, 2014, 05:03:29 am »

I apologize if I'm just derping, but aren't you talking about the heavy laser that came with the avatar?  That you got instead of the "standard-issue" coilgin?  That is therefore already integrated into your hand?
I'm not sure if it's integrated in the arm. PW never confirmed that it was. Eh, we'll find out soon enough.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 17, 2014, 09:48:01 am »

I get the joke, but I mean if you ever have to actually infiltrate into a human area.  Y'know, that would shoot all your typical forms on sight.
Wait...is Xantalos now Alex Mercer?

Should we all get free, we should have a cutting laser from the pod left- use it to cut into the hallway again.
Wait, why do we need to cut into the hallway? What happened to the open elevator door?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: April 17, 2014, 10:02:07 am »

Should we all get free, we should have a cutting laser from the pod left- use it to cut into the hallway again.
Wait, why do we need to cut into the hallway? What happened to the open elevator door?
Where do you think all the molten metal came from?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: April 17, 2014, 10:03:42 am »

Where do you think all the molten metal came from?
Why do we need to cut through molten metal? It seems like it would be pooling on the floor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 17, 2014, 10:14:28 am »

Maybe you should read the turn again?

Well, luckily you're not as close and this isn't as enclosed. The thing melts, along with most of the hall, and the sheer heat blast from the white hot ball of light that manifests within the strange object is enough to hurl the entire team back against the wall of the elevator and half melt the elevator doors and hallway metal, spraying them in molten steel. When it's over, the doorway out of the elevator is mostly sealed by bowing walls and slag, and half the team is entombed in cooling metal.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 17, 2014, 10:53:52 am »

Might not be able to post for about 3-4 days, guys.

Radio and Kisame are allowed to control Simus, if needed.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: April 17, 2014, 11:10:36 am »

Maybe you should read the turn again?
Well, luckily you're not as close and this isn't as enclosed. The thing melts, along with most of the hall, and the sheer heat blast from the white hot ball of light that manifests within the strange object is enough to hurl the entire team back against the wall of the elevator and half melt the elevator doors and hallway metal, spraying them in molten steel. When it's over, the doorway out of the elevator is mostly sealed by bowing walls and slag, and half the team is entombed in cooling metal.
...Trying to figure out how that works.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: April 17, 2014, 11:12:51 am »

What part of it don't you understand?

Describe what you see.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: April 17, 2014, 11:31:59 am »

Molten metal bending inwards and falling apart because it's molten. Even partly-molten metal would be more likely to collapse than to conveniently bend to cover most of the doorway.
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 17, 2014, 12:06:58 pm »

Molten metal bending inwards and falling apart because it's molten. Even partly-molten metal would be more likely to collapse than to conveniently bend to cover most of the doorway.
You are aware you are not in a zero-gravity environment, correct? That the metal walls and ceiling have a certain mass that the reduced compressive and tensile strength of partially molten metal can no longer uphold? Perhaps you have also heard of metals, especially metal alloys and composites, warping severely under high heat?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 17, 2014, 12:19:39 pm »

Yes. I even mentioned it.
Even partly-molten metal would be more likely to collapse than to conveniently bend to cover most of the doorway.
And given that the metal in question is mostly-molten...well, it should be holding up more like syrup than jello.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2894 on: April 17, 2014, 12:26:30 pm »

If you don't know what metal (or metals or maybe even some other kind of compound) the corridor is made of, how can you know how it reacts to high temperatures?
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 2205