Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319581 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Subforum.
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 11:12:28 pm »

-znip-
I understand, and agree. Which is part of why I was unsure about giving my opinion.

+1 to the idea, but we do need non-player opinions and inputs.
Indeed. How should we drum 'em up? I'd advise changing the thread title to something that indicates we're talking about it and want outsider comments.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 11:20:08 pm »

ER is a big game. It's spread across 3 threads, two of which are the first and second largest on the forum.
No, the SUBforum. The RotMG thread, for instance, is around twice the size of the ER threads.

Unless I'm missing a thread, the two RotMG threads come out to around 40k posts while ER adds up to about 45k.  The only bigger threads I could find are Happy, Sad, and Homestruck.  Even all the FotF threads combined barely edge it out (I think- rough mathed them)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 11:24:23 pm »

Unless I'm missing a thread, the two RotMG threads come out to around 40k posts while ER adds up to about 45k.
The threads, combined. There are longer threads in the forum, even if there aren't longer games.
Yet. RotMG is ferocious.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2014, 11:35:23 pm »

((I wasnt saying that the subforum would only be games run by piecewise, i think whenwe discussed the idea in one of the game threads i included the idea of an archive thread or section where people could read his old games and ideas and create spinoff versions.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Subforum (EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT IN ER, READ THIS PLEASE)
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2014, 11:38:41 pm »

((I like the idea now that you have rephrased it in a better way, but couldn't we use something like a thread as a library of piecewise games, for people to quickly link to and comment on? Also, I do believe that the main RtD forum serves well for spinoffs, although I wouldn't mind seeing a subforum for spinoff games from different creators.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 11:39:15 pm »

Thread name changed to hopefully draw in people not affiliated with ER directly.

Also, thanks for all the praise from some of you. It's not exactly the topic at hand but, well, Flattery will get you everywhere, sugar. Oh dear, I've become a Southern belle for some reason. Fetch the smelling salts!

It's late. Don't judge me.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014, 11:40:56 pm »

Piecewise as a Southern Belle is now part of E.R. Canon. The whole game is a metaphor of an alternate-history victory for the C.S.A.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2014, 11:41:32 pm »

I would like to hear the opinions of these 'other GMs who might object/be offended', but if nobody feels that way about then yes.
It does seem like a pretty drastic move, but then at the same time think of all the other RTDs that are harder for their players to keep track of due to all the ER threads and their ridiculous amounts of activity.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2014, 11:42:04 pm »

Piecewise as a Southern Belle is now part of E.R. Canon. The whole game is a metaphor of an alternate-history victory for the C.S.A.
Confirmed canon, writing in the tablets for children of new ages to read as part of mandatory education about the great piecewise.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2014, 11:45:48 pm »

I would like to hear the opinions of these 'other GMs who might object/be offended', but if nobody feels that way about then yes.
Well, the other largest GM would be freeformschooler. Maybe we should get his input?
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 11:47:25 pm »

Not in RTD land- that'd be Draignean if you go by reply count and ignore people who are already in ER.  FFS is a cool dude, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 11:49:40 pm »

Confirmed canon, writing in the tablets for children of new ages to read as part of mandatory education about the great piecewise.

From now on, I will read all of Piecewise's posts like a young high-pitched classy lady from Upper Georgia, with the occasional interjection of a "Y'all", "Sugar" or "Howdy!" when appropriate.

I know this is a pretty serious thread and all, but this is too good not to waste a few posts on.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 11:50:48 pm »

Maybe we should just run the entirety of ER through Gizoogle.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2014, 11:51:59 pm »

Maybe we should just run the entirety of ER through Gizoogle.
Did that once.
Glorious.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 2205