Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2311519 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3000 on: April 20, 2014, 01:15:40 pm »

I know.  I can count to thirty-one on one hand.  And I don't think it's been rolled more than that.
Oh, I very much doubt that.

Hand 1: 11111 Hand 2: not used
11111 in binary = 31

There are much more efficient uses of fingers than using each finger as a 1 :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: April 20, 2014, 01:22:07 pm »

@Pirate reference
I have no idea what you're talking about

Hey, don't worry, it's nothing really. just a silly song from a silly show. Google it if you must know.

I know.  I can count to thirty-one on one hand.  And I don't think it's been rolled more than that.
Oh, I very much doubt that.

Hand 1: 11111 Hand 2: not used
11111 in binary = 31

There are much more efficient uses of fingers than using each finger as a 1 :P
I think he meant 'I doubt that there have been no more than 31 speech rolls'.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: April 20, 2014, 01:23:32 pm »

Make sure you google the Alestorm version of it. Much more fitting for anything really.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: April 20, 2014, 02:23:28 pm »

I don't really want to encourage GWG to argue.  I just muted him for trouble elsewhere.  Also, this thread is a bit too much like various nonsense -- it starts fine, but it'll devolve into image spam and then worse, inevitably.  So, sorry to be a downer, but I'm locking it.

Well, that didn't take long.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: April 20, 2014, 02:39:34 pm »

I don't really want to encourage GWG to argue.  I just muted him for trouble elsewhere.  Also, this thread is a bit too much like various nonsense -- it starts fine, but it'll devolve into image spam and then worse, inevitably.  So, sorry to be a downer, but I'm locking it.

This is what I was trying to prevent. Poor kid. Not that he didn't have it coming, but I thought I might be able to stop it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: April 20, 2014, 05:05:17 pm »

This is what I was trying to prevent. Poor kid. Not that he didn't have it coming, but I thought I might be able to stop it.
What'd he do for muting? The moderation log says 'necroquibbling'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: April 20, 2014, 05:29:15 pm »

Probably got into some long-winded argument and infused it with personal insults.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: April 20, 2014, 05:39:46 pm »

An argument that started here.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: April 20, 2014, 05:45:24 pm »

An argument that started here.

That... is exactly what I expect when I see the word 'necroquibbling'. Huh. Who knew that a made up word could be so easy to understand.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: April 20, 2014, 05:53:41 pm »

What... the... hell... that post. :o
It just keeps going, I'm scrolling down but it never ends!

Also: yeah, not entirely surprised on the fate of the "cesspool", to be honest.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: April 20, 2014, 06:06:44 pm »

What... the... hell... that post. :o
It just keeps going, I'm scrolling down but it never ends!

Also: yeah, not entirely surprised on the fate of the "cesspool", to be honest.

I'm not surprised, but at the same time... I don't (always) see the problem with having a place labelled 'Cesspool', where it is abundantly clear that whatever happens in there is going to be pure, unregulated insanity of potentially the vilest sort. You don't *have* to read the thread. There's nonsense in there! And even if you feel compelled to read, you don't *have* to post in it. (If you feel compelled to post, there may be no saving you from the insanity, but you're probably in the right place anyway :P)

Though personally, the whole thing brings me back to an old discussion of forum management, and the choice between a forum governed by rules and a forum governed by... principle might be a good word. Not quite accurate, but close enough.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: April 20, 2014, 08:43:41 pm »

...Well. I really didn't see it devolving into 'image spam' or whatever malformation of communication that is rather than see it be just casual banter with people in that thread :/ But still, I got the gist.
Though y'know part of me also blames whoever made the TITLE: 'CESSPOOL' because of its implied meaning towards any onlooker. Now I'll never know if it was just in jest or a really serious take.
Though it is a bit unnerving that the reason for locking implies the note of the people posting in it...becoming like that doesn't do well with me, knowing how most act. >_>

Anyway.
Piecewise: I remember a time before that you only made the part of the Paracelsus Sword accessible to us is because we were...'prisoners' or whatever like that in the HMRC. What access do we have now that we're actually full fledged citizens of the ship?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 08:48:33 pm by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3012 on: April 21, 2014, 01:38:27 pm »

I'm looking for a Bookie to handle the money and betting in DMR. They'd have control over setting the bets and get a cut of the cash, for use with whatever they want. Maybe other things, if they should need or want it. Preferably someone with an adequate grasp on statistics and betting.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3013 on: April 21, 2014, 01:46:21 pm »

Well, what happens in ship Alpha the next turn will reveal things about the intelligence and luck of many people...

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: April 21, 2014, 01:47:51 pm »

I'm looking for a Bookie to handle the money and betting in DMR. They'd have control over setting the bets and get a cut of the cash, for use with whatever they want. Maybe other things, if they should need or want it. Preferably someone with an adequate grasp on statistics and betting.

'Adequate', huh? :P

I suppose due to the reward and potential conflicts, your bookie would have to come from the audience? Cause I might be willing to do it even without a reward (at least until I'm eliminated)
... I could probably come up with something pretty simple. At least, something that didn't allow for guaranteed gains.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 2205