Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2037 2038 [2039] 2040 2041 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356421 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30570 on: May 16, 2016, 02:02:26 pm »

Wooh orgy verse exploration hoooo!Gonna get some females, maybe get some retail, something something xenos!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30571 on: May 16, 2016, 02:04:53 pm »

@Pancaek
Possibly because when the M26 team summoned a second Lurker by accident, I killed it with explosives the next turn.  While the current alien menace has been happily chugging along while under a continual nuclear barrage from over forty full size warships.

Have fun, you guys!  Saint'll just be prepping his own evac somewhere on the opposite side of the system.

We'll be dragging you kicking and screaming along with us though, didn't you get the memo? The gods of this universe are always happy when tinkerers are offered as sacrifice.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30572 on: May 16, 2016, 02:22:24 pm »

So... a weapon to kill a god.

Are you going to be breaking down and analysing every stupid and dangerous thing we've encountered and stored over all the missions, in order to make it?

Actually, that sounds like the penultimate episode of a badly thought out sitcom.
We're not killing a god with the weapon in so much as we're enacting a scorched earth policy.

And it's not the lurker the super vets are fighting.
You're killing The ORIGIN, aren't you? -_-
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #30573 on: May 16, 2016, 02:24:52 pm »

Hey, I hadn't even thought of that. Cool, I get to meet my boy ORIGIN again. Maybe I'll manage to get a split second of godhood again, like last time we met.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30574 on: May 16, 2016, 02:27:11 pm »

Or maybe Eater of stars. Of combination eater-lurker-origin. Yeah, "destroy origin before any of these alien jerkwads get their grubby paws on it" sounds plausible enough.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30575 on: May 16, 2016, 02:54:16 pm »

Hey, I hadn't even thought of that. Cool, I get to meet my boy ORIGIN again. Maybe I'll manage to get a split second of godhood again, like last time we met.
maybe you can use that godhood to talk to/fight/consume/combine with the lurker. Or at least make an alliance with all the other gods to take down the lurker
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #30576 on: May 16, 2016, 02:57:35 pm »

maybe you can use that godhood to talk to/fight/consume/combine with the lurker. Or at least make an alliance with all the other gods to take down the lurker
What? And give up on skedaddling to another universe? Naw dog, the Lurker can have this shitty universe. If it does happen I'll just do the cosmic equivalent of giving him a wedgie, then give Pan back his old wizarding powers and fuck off to our new and shiny universe.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30577 on: May 16, 2016, 02:58:31 pm »

Could just try and purify the origin a bit and then shove it into a new universe.
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30578 on: May 16, 2016, 03:03:11 pm »

What? And give up on skedaddling to another universe? Naw dog, the Lurker can have this shitty universe. If it does happen I'll just do the cosmic equivalent of giving him a wedgie, then give Pan back his old wizarding powers and fuck off to our new and shiny universe.
awww but then how can I run my MGW Competition and betting pool?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #30579 on: May 16, 2016, 03:22:08 pm »

I wish I had more time so I could actually keep up with this thread. Stuff keeps happening.

So you guys are gonna plan how to kill it? Or just charge in there a la Maurice, guns firing and legs akimbo?
Eh, it's not like we don't have any options. We just need to know the situation and a plan can be devised.
My favorite fallback plan is Plan Deathstar:
1. The rainbow cannon greatly multiplies energy input.
2. Enlist Tinkerer to connect Rainbow Cannon to warship reactor and coolant system.
3. Start charging an enormous violet bolt of explosive energy. Keep charging for a few hours.
4. Fire.
5. Hope it doesn't explode in your face.
6. Watch the fireworks. Step four and five is not necessary for step six.

And... Well, if it can't be killed with guns, then it really doesn't matter what we bring with us or what we plan beforehand, right? It will all come down to surviving long enough and being smart and lucky enough to explore the situation and come up with a solution.

I hope it's that last one. I love it when all that stands between  victory and defeat is a crazy plan and a lucky roll.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30580 on: May 16, 2016, 03:22:44 pm »

Well, time to go and fuck up other people's universe's now. This is gonna be fun  :)
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30582 on: May 16, 2016, 03:35:09 pm »

So let me get this straight:
a)M26 will be generating new, possibly habitable universes, and sending / going with the m27 people to explore, while

b)the vets go off and destroy the universe before the Eldritch gods can do it, thereby demonstrating to the entirity of the Ancient Entity Pantheon that humanity is a Threat, at least to their real estate, and

c)the Supervets come to Heph to fight the piece of the Shadow Light Kudzu that is growing here?

Sounds good, though:

I'd actually be interested in one more, slightly different, possibly boring for most, but story relevant mission. A final farewell, a mission of closure, as it were.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #30583 on: May 16, 2016, 03:35:52 pm »

Why hook the Rainbow Cannon up to a warship, when we could hook it up to Heph's entire power grid?  The alien god is probably gonna eat Heph anyway.
I don't know what we'll be fighting, or where. Warship is probably the easiest to have lying around on whatever place you are. Hmm... Maybe trying some alien power source could be more fun... Although I guess that if our target is stationary, I could always have someone paint the target with a portal so I could shoot through it when I've finished sucking Hephaestus dry. Then again, portals can turn unstable when faced with extreme circumstances. But the inter-universal portal machine seems to always work, just has some accuracy problems. If I could get lucky with that... Now that would be fun.

thereby demonstrating to the entirity of the Ancient Entity Pantheon that humanity is a Threat, at least to their real estate
"Damn human brats!" Cthulu said while waving his walking stick at them.
"Always horsing around, messing up my lawn, I swear, young races these days *grumble grumble*"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:39:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30584 on: May 16, 2016, 04:02:23 pm »

Hmm.
May I go to the Sword, one last time? There's something I need to do there and I've built this up too much to not do it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2037 2038 [2039] 2040 2041 ... 2205