Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2051 2052 [2053] 2054 2055 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2352368 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30780 on: May 23, 2016, 06:44:46 pm »

My computer can't even run Slither.io... :-\

Edit: Not properly, at least.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:51:00 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #30781 on: May 23, 2016, 06:45:12 pm »

I know there's a way to make custom, private servers. Someone could figure that out and we could play on one of those
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30782 on: May 23, 2016, 06:46:44 pm »

Civ games cost money, and take awhile.

I was/am hoping that a lot of people here would already own IV or V. It and DF hold a lot of the same appeal, at least to me.

We only got like seven people on a free browser game, if we did a full blown download game we'd get one person. :P

Though if we're suggesting, I may as well mention Planetside 2. Maybe we could get a squad going.

Yeah, that's true. I'm trying to think of fun browser based multiplayer games now. The only good one that comes to mind is Realm of the Mad God, and I'm not sure how playable the game currently is. The studio that owns it got bought out by a bigger company a few years ago, and they haven't really done much to maintain the servers or the playerbase from what I've seen. That being said, it's been quite some time since I've looked at it, so maybe things have improved.

Also, on a completely tangential note, it appears that the insert quote button seems to grab the most current form of the post, regardless of what your topic summary page displays. Egan added the bit about planetside 2 after I started typing this post. Weird.

Path of Exile is pretty fun, from what little I've played of it, but I'm not sure it's a great one for a one-off multiplayer event.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30783 on: May 23, 2016, 07:15:22 pm »

Risk of rain can be modified to have more than 4 people play. I might jump on path if it is chosen though

Gang beasts is hilarious, but might have a max amount of characters

Risk of Rain is completely un-balanced if you break the player max though... in a way that makes it harder =P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:17:22 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30784 on: May 23, 2016, 07:57:43 pm »

Civ games cost money, and take awhile.

I was/am hoping that a lot of people here would already own IV or V. It and DF hold a lot of the same appeal, at least to me.

We only got like seven people on a free browser game, if we did a full blown download game we'd get one person. :P

Though if we're suggesting, I may as well mention Planetside 2. Maybe we could get a squad going.

Yeah, that's true. I'm trying to think of fun browser based multiplayer games now. The only good one that comes to mind is Realm of the Mad God, and I'm not sure how playable the game currently is. The studio that owns it got bought out by a bigger company a few years ago, and they haven't really done much to maintain the servers or the playerbase from what I've seen. That being said, it's been quite some time since I've looked at it, so maybe things have improved.

Also, on a completely tangential note, it appears that the insert quote button seems to grab the most current form of the post, regardless of what your topic summary page displays. Egan added the bit about planetside 2 after I started typing this post. Weird.

Path of Exile is pretty fun, from what little I've played of it, but I'm not sure it's a great one for a one-off multiplayer event.
I have 4
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30785 on: May 23, 2016, 09:19:21 pm »

ss13 would be neat, but I know nothing about how it works or anything about it other than that it seems pretty ERish.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #30786 on: May 23, 2016, 09:20:42 pm »

It does seem like it might be fun to invade some server with our untrained madness.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #30787 on: May 23, 2016, 09:46:26 pm »

I tried to get into ss13 a while back, but for some reason BYOND kept crashing when I loaded the servers :P

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30788 on: May 23, 2016, 10:13:43 pm »

I know I saw at least a couple ER players in the Urist McStation thread, last time I looked at it. It might be cool if we got some experienced players to help the rest of us play a beginner's round.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30789 on: May 23, 2016, 10:19:07 pm »

Board game online?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30790 on: May 23, 2016, 10:26:23 pm »

SS13 is dope, that would be pretty fun.
It can be rather slow, though, and the rounds are usually quite long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #30791 on: May 23, 2016, 10:48:22 pm »

Obviously we need to find a way to make PW be the AI.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #30792 on: May 23, 2016, 11:22:10 pm »

I'm not sure whether I should be terrified or excited. Probably both.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30793 on: May 23, 2016, 11:36:42 pm »

I looked it up, and PoE only accepts six players.  That's... actually probably more than sufficient, but it's a game with some continuity (because level and equipment matters), and is a big download.  Probably not ideal, but if a lot of people want it, I guess it's good.

Space Station 13 would be very entertaining.  I ghosted in a round a year or so ago, and watched a boarder murder half the crew with an SMG.  Though, problems would be the relative length of a SS13 turn, and the menagerie of things that need to be taken care of.  When I archived binged the SS13 wiki, I was amazed at just how much stuff there was to do to keep the station functional.  If only a few people are veterans of the game, I could see the whole thing going to hell quick, even without the normal challenges that come up.  Maybe that's a good thing, though.

Edit: Also, Apparently there's a mod that reliably allows you to connect to specific people in Dark Souls.  I still would love to do a fight club in it, or even some sort of coop challenge.  "NG+7 perma-gravelorded aggressive mod" would be suitably challenging, I imagine.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #30794 on: May 24, 2016, 02:13:16 am »

I am a big strategy game lover, so if there's something like a browser based FreeCiv, I'd play it. You know, a game where you can start a game with a bunch of your friends and then play over the course of several days, with the turn of each player lasting a few hours.

SS13 is fun though. I've got an old YouTube playlist with fun stuff to do in it in my favourites, I think. I'll see if I can find it.
Pages: 1 ... 2051 2052 [2053] 2054 2055 ... 2205