Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2061 2062 [2063] 2064 2065 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356963 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30930 on: May 26, 2016, 04:04:15 pm »

Alright, lets get these out of the way.

Time for the briefings because apparently people need to know what they're doing in order to plan or something silly like that.

Newbie mission:
I unfortunately can not tell you much about your mission because your mission is going to be boldly exploring places that we don't know about yet! Basically, all I'm doing is throwing you into the "loving" embrace of the Heph world explorers and having them send you out to explore. Because that whole sending sods to do everything was boring and also we need to find a home fast.  So I'm gonna start spamming them with plausible worlds when they're ready and you get to pull a maurice and jam your dick in them. You probably won't need much in terms of gear seeing as Heph makes that shit, so they can supply you. The only thing you really need to worry about getting is a good amount of common sense and some decent survival instinct. Learn the importance of the 10 foot pole.

Vet mission:
We're gonna be bringing you to a very distant asteroid where you will have the job of, with the help of some scientists, constructing the weapon which will destroy the universe. This is basically gonna be a series of extra-universal fetch quests involving all manner of...fun. It's basically gonna be you guys getting ported in with a certain objective and then having to find that thing in a certain amount of time. Because remember, we don't have portals that just sit open all nice and lazy, we can port you in and out but there's no lackadaisical wandering back and forth. This is STALKER speed running. I recommend good well rounded loadouts because anything could be waiting beyond the veil and there's no guarantee everything will work on it. A wide variety of damage types is suggested. Along with limiting the number of people going on any particular trip, so that if something goes colossally wrong, it won't wipe the team.

Supervet mission:
You're the only one we've got good, 100% solid, not at all shakey info for. You're going to EUE coordinates 2,0,0. Rustverse. According to our continued theoretical plotting, we can safely predict the existence of a high level power source and extra-universal entity somewhere in there. We don't really know what it is or looks like but it will probably be glowing. Or floating. Or spinning or humming or something. You guys have been around long enough to know what alien powersources look like. Milno fingerbanged one on his first mission. It even made him a sandwich afterwards, in a round about fashion. In any case, you need to find it (we'll give you the nessicary gadgets to test things to see if it's the kind of power we need) and you need to bring it home so we can use it to destroy the universe in a very particular way. We could honestly destroy it in a lot of ways but this way is best because it leaves nothing for no one so we get to give a fuck you to the lurker and also cover our tracks.

Problem is that Rustverse appears to be filled with highly efficient metalorganic killbots and nothing we sent made it more than a few rooms. I suggest weapons that effect metal and mechanical things well. Also, tetanus shots.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30931 on: May 26, 2016, 04:09:16 pm »

So is everyone on M26 going to miss out on the last batch of missions or will it have finished up/been automated/whatever by that point?

As I understand things, we're basically gonna be the commanders of the newbie mission.  Presumably, you have the option of participating as a normal leader or rank-and-file grunt, but Saint'll be keeping the role of mission control.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30932 on: May 26, 2016, 04:14:18 pm »

Things are going surprisingly well.... Today's been an okay day it's my birthday.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30933 on: May 26, 2016, 04:15:18 pm »

Happy birthday! If I end up killing Abigail I apologize in advance.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30934 on: May 26, 2016, 04:20:36 pm »

Don't worry if we get in trouble Vanessa....can probably patch her up or something plus who knows she might fix her skin and vitamin deficiency or something! But yeah 17th birthday.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #30936 on: May 26, 2016, 04:28:34 pm »

Happy birthday ATH. I hope you had cake or something else you enjoy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30937 on: May 26, 2016, 06:48:57 pm »

So is everyone on M26 going to miss out on the last batch of missions or will it have finished up/been automated/whatever by that point?

As I understand things, we're basically gonna be the commanders of the newbie mission.  Presumably, you have the option of participating as a normal leader or rank-and-file grunt, but Saint'll be keeping the role of mission control.
I'd like Dester to essentially manage team assignment and management, while Saint does the more technical stuff with equipment, resources, and those million nitpicky tests he loves so.

Or something. I don't know. Dester's whole story arc, from opening his room on the Sword up til now, has gone completely different than I expected. there's a moral in there somewhere, probably. And I'll learn the wrong one, I'm sure.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30938 on: May 26, 2016, 08:27:38 pm »

While Gus would be happy to continue randomly punching coordinates into the EUE... I think we can agree that it's probably for the best that he join an away team instead. In a leadership or arch-grunt capacity, of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30939 on: May 26, 2016, 10:15:08 pm »

I'd like Dester to essentially manage team assignment and management, while Saint does the more technical stuff with equipment, resources, and those million nitpicky tests he loves so.

Or something. I don't know. Dester's whole story arc, from opening his room on the Sword up til now, has gone completely different than I expected. there's a moral in there somewhere, probably. And I'll learn the wrong one, I'm sure.

I was figuring things would work similarly to how they've been working; whoever heads an expedition manages that expedition, and others can suggest things freely.  I'mine however we go about things, but I don't see any great need to assign responsibilities.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30940 on: May 26, 2016, 11:14:19 pm »

Oh by the by, I recall people being interested in seeing the results of my asking about names for those mecha drill mole rat things earlier.

I finished it.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/from-a-dead-world-skaven-ckii-quest.18770/page-27#post-6128404
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30942 on: May 26, 2016, 11:39:25 pm »

Roundabout 3-4 months, with me being extremely lazy and not really working on it for multiple-week long stretches and cranking out like 4000 words at a time when I did.
Actually lemme see...
Yeah about 3 months, I started on it on January 30.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30943 on: May 27, 2016, 12:32:18 am »

so, would any supervets be interested in some luminescent data-breaker maces?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30944 on: May 27, 2016, 06:27:23 am »

Things are going surprisingly well.... Today's been an okay day it's my birthday.

A bit late to the party, but happy birthday regardless ATH.

so, would any supervets be interested in some luminescent data-breaker maces?

Hmm, what are these exactly?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 2061 2062 [2063] 2064 2065 ... 2205