Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2103 2104 [2105] 2106 2107 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2349504 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31560 on: July 08, 2016, 12:23:32 pm »

Also the only music we have available is communist polkas.

The closest thing I could find to this was pretty comforting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2YlbiyiuMc
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31561 on: July 08, 2016, 01:17:46 pm »

It's kind of cool how the Sword has turned into an ER ruin in and of itself as its original creators have left it filled with vaguely malevolent artifacts and mystifying bits and bobs lying around for any idiot to find, then skipped away to other dimensions to continue their work fuckery unseen by mortal eyes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31562 on: July 08, 2016, 03:43:59 pm »

But it's so animaliacentric. :P Can't a guy get some leaves in his messed-up horrorverse?

If you do a plant-based horrorverse, the end result is going to be less "horror" and more "rainforest". Which is still horrible, but in a slightly less immediately disturbing manner.
Yeah, it'll probably just end up looking like a kudzu patch to human eyes.
Self-cannibalizing kudzu forcibly planting seeds inside of other plants, with horrible twisted flowers, all growing inside the corpses of ancient trees. Fairly metal.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31563 on: July 08, 2016, 07:03:50 pm »

It's kind of cool how the Sword has turned into an ER ruin in and of itself as its original creators have left it filled with vaguely malevolent artifacts and mystifying bits and bobs lying around for any idiot to find, then skipped away to other dimensions to continue their work fuckery unseen by mortal eyes.
Thats an interesting way to think of it.

In other news, mining for sunken ships.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31564 on: July 08, 2016, 07:16:49 pm »

I'm on irc by the way

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31565 on: July 08, 2016, 09:48:35 pm »

Real talk: I'm seriously considering just killing Current ER and rebooting it a new system and a hard player cap in the single digits.

Best ER was early ER when it was episodic missions in a vague universe and with small groups was the best.  I think everyone here can feel my exhaustion and inability to keep this going in a fun way.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31566 on: July 08, 2016, 09:49:49 pm »

After an epilogue of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31567 on: July 08, 2016, 10:11:55 pm »

...Didn't we hold a vote on this and everything?  We decided the most people wanted Oroboropolis, and not ER Beyond?  I think the game's gone on long enough--the secrets have mostly been solved, the stories told.  It should just die, and not be revived into a frankenstein's RTD--that would only dishonor ER.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31568 on: July 08, 2016, 10:15:43 pm »

...Didn't we hold a vote on this and everything?  We decided the most people wanted Oroboropolis, and not ER Beyond?  I think the game's gone on long enough--the secrets have mostly been solved, the stories told.  It should just die, and not be revived into a frankenstein's RTD--that would only dishonor ER.
Fair enough

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31569 on: July 08, 2016, 10:20:26 pm »

Given that I'm literally at Xan's endgame right now - as in after I achieve my objective and gtfo the universe I'm essentially done - I'm okay with anything y'all decide to do aside from that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31570 on: July 08, 2016, 10:22:52 pm »

I was seeing it as more of an ER Reboot than ER Beyond. As in, you are space prisoners on a spaceship getting space artifacts and shooting space beasts with your space guns while getting snarked at by a space AI, but the universe is entirely different.
If it was really starting ER over from scratch, I'd support it, maybe just because of nostalgia. :P
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31571 on: July 09, 2016, 12:21:24 am »

I'd be more than OK with more ER. Even moreso than with oro, I think.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31572 on: July 09, 2016, 01:03:13 am »

...I would like more ER. I would also like Oro though. But more ER is always good. Especially if it's ER: Origins.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #31573 on: July 09, 2016, 01:51:40 am »

I want to just point out that when I voted for Oro that was my preference, I would be just as happy with ER reboot or ER beyond.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31574 on: July 09, 2016, 01:54:55 am »

Real talk: I'm seriously considering just killing Current ER and rebooting it a new system and a hard player cap in the single digits.

Best ER was early ER when it was episodic missions in a vague universe and with small groups was the best.  I think everyone here can feel my exhaustion and inability to keep this going in a fun way.
I wouldn't mind a hard player capped ER style reboot, if the GM were passionate about it and I managed to get an early slot. But likely, I wouldn't get in early, and by the time I was able to, the game wold have expanded and bogged down again.

I'm fine with Epilogue, take a break, and go on to the next hing, though I know some others don't want that.

But I think most players that sound pasionate for ER to keep going as is are players who are involved in numerous games and whose commitments to solid play are limited: it's all about the moment, and that moment can be found elsewhere. Know what I mean? Sounds like most long-termers or 'serious' players are ready to go. If they haven't gone already.
Pages: 1 ... 2103 2104 [2105] 2106 2107 ... 2205