Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2104 2105 [2106] 2107 2108 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2352786 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31575 on: July 09, 2016, 02:47:19 am »

Eh, ER is the only game I'm in and I play ER mostly because I like piecewise's style, piecewise himself and the rest of you guys. At least that has been the reason for the past few months. Plus having invested time in this and I'd like to see how it ends.

So I'd be OK with whatever. More piecewise is fun. And with less players, he should be able to write better and give us more and better piecewise. I'd have fun reading that, even if I didn't get to play. If piecewise wants more time for piecewise, I'd be fine with that too.  Everybody needs a break sometimes. Everybody gets busy sometimes. It's not like we're paying piecewise to work for us 24/7. (Well, I guess some are donating, but that's hardly the same as paying.) It's not cool forcing or using guilt or whatever to make someone do what you want.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31576 on: July 09, 2016, 02:54:52 am »

Real talk: I'm seriously considering just killing Current ER and rebooting it a new system and a hard player cap in the single digits.

Best ER was early ER when it was episodic missions in a vague universe and with small groups was the best.  I think everyone here can feel my exhaustion and inability to keep this going in a fun way.
Fully agree with the second part, and big thanks for running the game thus far, for very long. :D

Eh, ER is the only game I'm in and I play ER mostly because I like piecewise's style, piecewise himself and the rest of you guys. At least that has been the reason for the past few months. Plus having invested time in this and I'd like to see how it ends.

So I'd be OK with whatever. More piecewise is fun. And with less players, he should be able to write better and give us more and better piecewise. I'd have fun reading that, even if I didn't get to play. If piecewise wants more time for piecewise, I'd be fine with that too.  Everybody needs a break sometimes. Everybody gets busy sometimes.
The only thing I disliked, was when piece portrayed characters with incompetence. @_@
And that made up <0.01% of my full experience. :P
Cheers to him and the rest. \o/

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31577 on: July 09, 2016, 04:22:27 am »

But I think most players that sound pasionate for ER to keep going as is are players who are involved in numerous games and whose commitments to solid play are limited: it's all about the moment, and that moment can be found elsewhere. Know what I mean? Sounds like most long-termers or 'serious' players are ready to go. If they haven't gone already.
Some of the long term players are still here though. I've been here since somewhere in 2012 and I've got no intention of going anywhere yet. Toaster and R_C are two others who have been here for as long as I can remember as well, off the top of my head. But true, a lot of the long term players have gone. Or some are here, but only very occasionally post, which is a shame.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31578 on: July 09, 2016, 04:30:51 am »

I've been here since ... 2013 I think? I don't recall anymore. A while by now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31579 on: July 09, 2016, 04:52:08 am »

I'll be honest. Ryan is end-game right now. He has his ascension. Just needs the food for it. The haebi planet changed him.

Who knows? Maybe he'll become the new Haebi for orgy-verse.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31580 on: July 09, 2016, 05:17:21 am »

I've been sticking with ER to see it through to the end, though I have read shockingly little of the latter-day threads, particularly the Hephaestus nonsense and what have you. It's been an unwieldy and ailing beast at the best of times these past two years, and it's more than a little telling that the past three or so missions have been running into serious motivational issues. I kind of like the present thing we're doing, though, nonsensical deathcube derailment aside, so whether you want to kill it now or keep it going for a little while longer is up to you, PW. If you really feel sick of the whole thing at this point, probably better to just go for the epilogue.

As for a reboot, sure, why not? I'm lacking any real interest in ORO myself, given that it seemed to contain all the things I didn't enjoy about modern-day ER and latter-day Perplexicon. And if you can run it low-maintenance like Infinite Heavens, except with a clearer goal beyond "let's go exploring!" and a more comprehensible setting, that'd work pretty well for me.

I've been here since ... 2013 I think? I don't recall anymore. A while by now.

How long have I been here? Let's ask old me.

I've been lurking here since the second half of Mission 2, finally decided to register on the forums to sign up for this RTD. It is that good.

Here's the character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You go, old me!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31581 on: July 09, 2016, 05:56:07 am »

Okay, so, the Lurker in the Angles, that which devoured entire universes and God himself, was duplicated so that it now has a copy to help Eiffel Tower the universe, and it turned out that the fucking chessboard was the key to both our salvation and damnation, did I miss anything else?

Other than PW considering pulling the plug of course. I haven't really been catching up due to exams and whatnot.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31582 on: July 09, 2016, 08:25:08 am »

Okay, so, the Lurker in the Angles, that which devoured entire universes and God himself, was duplicated so that it now has a copy to help Eiffel Tower the universe, and it turned out that the fucking chessboard was the key to both our salvation and damnation, did I miss anything else?

Other than PW considering pulling the plug of course. I haven't really been catching up due to exams and whatnot.
We are now playing ER: JoJo's bizarre adventure, with people getting stands. Not sure if you've been around for that, but that's certainly a highlight for me. Other than that, I can only really tell you about the supervet team. OUr mission is to get the power source to nuke the universe and the lurker's ugly face. So far we've rekt a stabby-bot, followed some cute cube-bots and are now standing in front of world's most dangerous industrial baking oven. Also, of the 6 people on the supervet team, one is braindead and another is a bit on and off.

Couldn't really tell you about the other teams, I've only been reading their threads sporadically.

How long have I been here? Let's ask old me.

I've been lurking here since the second half of Mission 2, finally decided to register on the forums to sign up for this RTD. It is that good.

Here's the character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You go, old me!
Good old Timmy, who showed me the importance of being real, real careful with exo related bulshittery. Long may he watch his soaps, wherever he is.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31583 on: July 09, 2016, 09:29:10 am »

But I think most players that sound pasionate for ER to keep going as is are players who are involved in numerous games and whose commitments to solid play are limited: it's all about the moment, and that moment can be found elsewhere. Know what I mean? Sounds like most long-termers or 'serious' players are ready to go. If they haven't gone already.
Some of the long term players are still here though. I've been here since somewhere in 2012 and I've got no intention of going anywhere yet. Toaster and R_C are two others who have been here for as long as I can remember as well, off the top of my head. But true, a lot of the long term players have gone. Or some are here, but only very occasionally post, which is a shame.
I know, Pan, I know. But even for those of you who have stuck around and are invested, the "NOOOOOOO, don't end it yet, I have things to do!" feel seems missing. And i did say 'most' not 'all' because i knew the very next post after mine would be a long-termer telling me they still like the game.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31584 on: July 09, 2016, 09:34:51 am »

Darn and so close to getting my alot cloning program underway.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31585 on: July 09, 2016, 09:38:17 am »

I know, Pan, I know. But even for those of you who have stuck around and are invested, the "NOOOOOOO, don't end it yet, I have things to do!" feel seems missing. And i did say 'most' not 'all' because i knew the very next post after mine would be a long-termer telling me they still like the game.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I also feel like it should end. Too much has happened to keep it going like this. I also personally don't feel like I've got anything to do. My character has probably been as powerful as I can get him without getting many drawbacks, so now I just want us to win/escape so we can be done.

I'd totally be up for a reboot or an ER beyond where we cut off the unwieldy growths from the game and start fresh.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31586 on: July 09, 2016, 09:55:48 am »

Now that I'm on vacation, I'm more likely to be posting regularly. Just don't expect me to follow the deluge of other threads, including OOC. And I also want the game to reach an actual ending.

Yeah, that's already been discussed before, the cause for piecewise's exhaustion, that is. IIRC, Oro won the vote and I doubt pw is willing to run two games and end up fatigued due to the same reason as he's been for a while now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31587 on: July 09, 2016, 12:09:57 pm »

To be honest I think most people choose ORO over more ER because it was different ER.

But the ORO talked about with all its systems seems like, the more I make it, something that would burn me out quickly. I think I need to limit the players in general. At least the ones doing anything special. An onship thread full of people doing shit isn't too bad so long as things are set up so they don't have to rely on me for much other than refereeing

Give me a second.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31588 on: July 09, 2016, 12:39:54 pm »

If you feel that Oro is too involved, step back for a while, finish this game, and take a month or so to figure out what kind of game you want to run.

I'd prefer something less casual than Infinite Heavens myself, though my GM style is about that casual.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31589 on: July 09, 2016, 03:17:57 pm »

To be honest I think most people choose ORO over more ER because it was different ER.

But the ORO talked about with all its systems seems like, the more I make it, something that would burn me out quickly. I think I need to limit the players in general. At least the ones doing anything special. An onship thread full of people doing shit isn't too bad so long as things are set up so they don't have to rely on me for much other than refereeing

Give me a second.
I feel that if you already think it's going to burn you out before we start playing it, it's pretty much a certainty. Don't forget there's a few munchkins in our little family who will probably use all the rules in the systems for the best effect, probably resulting in more work for you than you thought.

Best to think over what you want, I think, no need to rush.
Pages: 1 ... 2104 2105 [2106] 2107 2108 ... 2205