Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2341753 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:33:53 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #33016 on: March 22, 2017, 01:03:20 pm »

Here we go: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163354.0

Please be gentle. Because I'm not.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #33017 on: March 22, 2017, 03:03:27 pm »

Just out of curiosity, are decompensators for all rolls or only a specific roll, like before?

Also, I am saddened by the lack of Speech skill. I can only hope that there will be frequent rolls of Charisma.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33018 on: March 22, 2017, 03:14:43 pm »

Hey, why would people pay 10 token for a robot body when you can get it for free when you die?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33019 on: March 22, 2017, 04:57:35 pm »

Hey, why would people pay 10 token for a robot body when you can get it for free when you die?
I always thought that was confusing. It's easy to tell from the descriptions that you get a badass robot body if you pay for it, and a shitty one if you die for it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33020 on: March 22, 2017, 06:13:53 pm »

It's described as the same thing as you gen when you die, though.
...I would not mind a 10-token tax for getting your body totally destroyed, though. Makes sense to me, as robobodies are a more limited resource than inmates.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33021 on: March 22, 2017, 11:51:18 pm »

Just out of curiosity, are decompensators for all rolls or only a specific roll, like before?

Also, I am saddened by the lack of Speech skill. I can only hope that there will be frequent rolls of Charisma.

Like it was before.

Because getting mauled violently hurts, me thinks. You either earn it by getting your torso shredded painfully while you are still alive and meaty, or you pay for painless transition. Doesn't make much difference in OOC, so it's more IC thing.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #33022 on: March 23, 2017, 12:31:01 am »

Like it was before.

Because getting mauled violently hurts, me thinks. You either earn it by getting your torso shredded painfully while you are still alive and meaty, or you pay for painless transition. Doesn't make much difference in OOC, so it's more IC thing.
So, can I open up a spazy's discount robotization, 3 tokens cost? I shoot up your arms, legs, and body with a lase rifle. It's perfectly inhumane!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33023 on: March 23, 2017, 12:35:52 am »

If pain is the problem, that can be solved 10 times cheaper by buying some painkillers before sticking a knife into your spine.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33024 on: March 23, 2017, 02:07:52 am »

It's about being able to go back afterwards. To keep your human body in usable shape to return to when the need for the robobody is over.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #33025 on: March 23, 2017, 02:26:57 am »

And if the GM feels like breaking your legs for gaming the system, he can say that since inmates are not actually trained professionals, you need to roll  conventional/unconventional/whatever to kill yourself if it make sense to roll for it. And that you also have to roll endurance EVERY time you die outside of the infirmary and if you fail you lose points.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 02:31:26 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33026 on: March 27, 2017, 06:00:58 pm »

It's about being able to go back afterwards. To keep your human body in usable shape to return to when the need for the robobody is over.

That does rather assume there'll be an 'afterwards', which is categorically not true for basically anyone in HMRC service save about two or three people in its regular history.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #33027 on: March 27, 2017, 07:11:38 pm »

That does rather assume there'll be an 'afterwards', which is categorically not true for basically anyone in HMRC service save about two or three people in its regular history.
Yeah, but the characters don't know that - acting IC'ly, they're telling you that you can go free after ten missions, which is somewhat easier without a robot body.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33028 on: March 29, 2017, 02:18:41 pm »

SMUGNESS INTENSIFY'S
looks like prick is actually semi competant so far.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33029 on: March 29, 2017, 02:48:31 pm »

SMUGNESS INTENSIFY'S
looks like prick is actually semi competant so far.

I was hoping your spacewalk would have rolled 1. Then I would have had you spring out of shuttle wildly, bounce off of the spaceship and out into open space spinning chaotically. I'm mildly disappointed. Give me back my dream!
Old sigs.
Games.