Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356520 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5460 on: June 03, 2014, 07:56:13 pm »

So, idea for the pill machine, combining all the pills for field medicine into one.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: June 03, 2014, 08:10:14 pm »

So, idea for the pill machine, combining all the pills for field medicine into one.
Very bad idea, very, very, bad.
Pill machine grants constant effects remember, your blood would be constantly clotting and thinning while the painkillers make you numb and get you high whilst the tranquilizers are putting you to sleep and the epinephrin is forcing you awake.
Radiation meds should be fine though, antibiotics... maybe not so much.

Your body would tear itself to pieces...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: June 03, 2014, 08:12:23 pm »

Theory

A pill made from xeno spit gave the user permanent effects of xeno spit.
Jim bought a permanent painkiller from Nyars a long time ago. Maybe that was a pill from the pill machine? Kinda pointless theory, but eh, cool link between things.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:17:06 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: June 03, 2014, 08:12:43 pm »

So... ideas for creative warfare?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5464 on: June 03, 2014, 08:26:28 pm »

EDIT: Oh, and Kriellya, check my sigtext.

Very nice! Sig-box still doesn't like it (I suspect it's taking issue with the .php extension? Or maybe it's something on my end? I'm not sure... let me check, maybe I disabled sig-images... )

Ah, yes, checkbox to turn on sig images. yay! all good, thanks Paris!
Ah, I had forgotten that the default is off. If you really want everyone to see it then you should probably use text, since people not logged in or people who haven't changed their settings won't be able to see it.

I guess it's a tradoff about whether you want to spend less time updating it or have more people to see it.

Anyway, I'm always happy to be of assistance.

If only i could search by author in a topic instead of the whole subforum.
Ahem.
Here's a Java program that transcribes any thread of this forum into a single file for offline reading! It processes about 260 pages a minute. Time might vary depending on connection speed and site traffic, as well as your preferences (check the menu).

The program can also be ordered to only keep the posts of certain users, great for reading only the GM's posts or finding the Toad's posts in the Future of the Fortress thread.

The program can combine multiple threads into one, arranging the posts chronologically.

If the output file ends in .html, the program will split the output into multiple pages based on user preferences (check the menu).
If the output file ends in .txt, the program will keep the output as a single plain text file, great for reading in an e-book or for processing with regular expressions or programs like grep.
I use it when I can't find something via the forum search.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I think I remember you saying don't have access to a PC? Nevermind then.

Make a collage out of the remains of the civilians you have killed, stick a kinamp on it and throw it at the enemy?
Yes, terrible joke, I know.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: June 03, 2014, 08:31:41 pm »

That may actually be a good idea... what if you make it into a pill though and then put the pill into a limb of some victim and stick a Kin amp on that?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: June 03, 2014, 09:02:40 pm »

Hmm a pill loaded claymore might be interesting.

Especially if its full of wacky recyclyed corpse pills.
Scalp and a snake?
Forearm and a wiffle bat?
Eyeball and a flash camera?
Skull and a hermit crab?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: June 03, 2014, 09:11:26 pm »

Pretty much, reduced the search results to abot 13 pages and i think you start hitting the proper stuff by page 6.
If only i could search by author in a topic instead of the whole subforum.
Seems like I'd be able to cut down on the posts more by searching the subforum then. Seems probable that there are fewer piecewise posts out of the "proper" thread than non-piecewise posts in any given thread.

...you really think im gonna abandon my own personal desire to understand it just because i dont respect the current tinkerer for whatever reason?
I hate you too.

Weapons which only work if your opponent eats something work well for plants and frogs, but less well for people.

Assuming that the claymore would deliver enough of a dose to work. It's something that I'll be sure to consider, perhaps after I've investigated the operative mechanism of the Metamorphosis Device's pills.
On that note, what do you think I'd get if I put radioisotopes through the pill machine? You know, the kind they use to track blood flow?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5468 on: June 03, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »

Scalp and a snake?
Skull and a hermit crab?
Could be a good desperate last measure for hopeless situations. Put random nearby dangerous things in the pill machine, start force-feeding them to people and hope that you can survive and escape the ensuing chaos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: June 03, 2014, 09:48:05 pm »

Scalp and a snake?
Skull and a hermit crab?
Could be a good desperate last measure for hopeless situations. Put random nearby dangerous things in the pill machine, start force-feeding them to people and hope that you can survive and escape the ensuing chaos.
The point of the claymore was incapacitation and distraction, you detonate it then run away while the opponents are either mutating or watching their friends mutate.

Quote from: GWG
Assuming that the claymore would deliver enough of adose
to work. It's something that I'll be sure to consider, perhaps
after I've investigated the operative mechanism of the
Metamorphosis Device's pills.
On that note, what do you think I'd get if I put radioisotopes
through the pill machine? You know, the kind they use to
track blood flow?
If pills can be dissolved in liquids and retain functionality then i dont see why the claymore wouldnt work, especially if you converted them into liquid capsules prior to placing them in the claymore. Itd take some tweaking to get it right of course.

On the other note you mean aside from cancer and a healthy green glow right?
Probably your whole body would become radioactive, it might show you how the mutation speads through the body if the subject eats the pill whilst inder the scanner. (All at once or from the stomach outwards.)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: June 03, 2014, 10:04:54 pm »

Also, Queensland has the worst education system. THE WORST
Why?

Well, not the worst, but it's certainly the worst in Australia.

For one, most of it only applies within Queensland, so your scores get shitted if you go overseas/to another state.

For two, it's highly dependent on the ability of others (unless you top all of your classes), which pulls you back should they fail.

For three, it's tied into QCS, which is an unfair test in which private schools basically know all the answers before it starts.

*flips tables in homicidal rage*

Why can't everything be individual tests?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: June 03, 2014, 10:48:12 pm »

If pills can be dissolved in liquids and retain functionality then i dont see why the claymore wouldnt work, especially if you converted them into liquid capsules prior to placing them in the claymore. Itd take some tweaking to get it right of course.
How would the liquid get into the creatures?

On the other note you mean aside from cancer and a healthy green glow right?
Probably your whole body would become radioactive, it might show you how the mutation speads through the body if the subject eats the pill whilst inder the scanner. (All at once or from the stomach outwards.)
Hm. That would be helpful.

Well, not the worst, but it's certainly the worst in Australia.
For one, most of it only applies within Queensland, so your scores get shitted if you go overseas/to another state.
For two, it's highly dependent on the ability of others (unless you top all of your classes), which pulls you back should they fail.
For three, it's tied into QCS, which is an unfair test in which private schools basically know all the answers before it starts.
*flips tables in homicidal rage*
Why can't everything be individual tests?
I'm a bit fuzzy on what you mean by 1 and 2.
Are you saying that they basically teach you stuff that no one else cares about at the expense of stuff they do?
Are you saying that they pass or fail whole classes at the same time?
And while I'm at it, what's the QCS about?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: June 03, 2014, 10:54:05 pm »

If they do that, might as well make a straight aerosol out of them and put 'm in a grenade. Lot's of FUN combo's there. Like a pill that induces rage (e.g. Serotonin inhibitors). Happy teamkilling. Or a pill made from a nuke (happy exploding).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: June 03, 2014, 10:57:05 pm »

If they do that, might as well make a straight aerosol out of them and put 'm in a grenade. Lot's of FUN combo's there. Like a pill that induces rage (e.g. Serotonin inhibitors). Happy teamkilling. Or a pill made from a nuke (happy exploding).
Or a pill made from those two pills which has a nuke explosion and radioactive fallout that induces rage. Goodbye, portion of the planet and population.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: June 03, 2014, 11:02:16 pm »

Timmy Tear pill!  It still needs to be done!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 2205