Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2352367 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5580 on: June 05, 2014, 04:14:33 am »

Shouldn't you be replying to my PM.
Tonight, when I'm on a computer and not a cellphone, if that's alright. Sorry about that, really didn't have time to properly reply yet. Exams, they're kicking my ass.

Delicious pm though, very exquisite.
Hnnnnnng

Also I'll be posting my actions in TEN if that's what you're waiting for, PW. I've been busy with graduation and stuff.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: June 05, 2014, 04:46:05 am »

Is there a mind control amp available in the armory? Someone could use one and drive me around like a car.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: June 05, 2014, 04:49:21 am »

Or roll a six/one and we'd be doubly fucked.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: June 05, 2014, 05:26:30 am »

Is there a mind control amp available in the armory? Someone could use one and drive me around like a car.
That won't work in the long run seeing as it drains their will points.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: June 05, 2014, 05:54:48 am »

That won't work in the long run seeing as it drains their will points.

But I have 0 will, ie no resistance at all. Wouldn't it take all of forever for the points to get used up?

Besides, I can't really control my character anymore, just point him in a direction and hope he doesn't decide to kill everything there.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: June 05, 2014, 05:59:21 am »

Not your will points, they don't matter much seeing as you're already being puppeted, the amp user's will points. Using amps too much makes people more susceptible to mind fuckery, which is quite bad if they happen to possess a mind control device that anyone who controls them will then have access to.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5586 on: June 05, 2014, 06:05:08 am »

Not to mention that those kind of amps cause very messy feedback and "the box listens to those that scream the loudest" to quote the AM, so you might end up being controlled instead of your target or having your mind rewritten if the one you're trying to control is willful enough.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: June 05, 2014, 06:12:46 am »

...In that case, I should probably keep a good 20km distance away from anything that can control me, because my will is 0. I'm the easiest target.

In unrelated matters, are the pill's effects predictable or completely random?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:29:00 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: June 05, 2014, 07:49:48 am »

In unrelated matters, are the pill's effects predictable or completely random?

That's what Grate is trying to figure out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: June 05, 2014, 08:24:53 am »

It definately isnt random, but some of the interactions between reagents can be unpredictable.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: June 05, 2014, 08:43:42 am »

Besides, I can't really control my character anymore, just point him in a direction and hope he doesn't decide to kill everything there.
Just try to go on missions with a lower chance of mind-fuckery.
Or put some points into Will at the end of the mission and try not to roll crap in the future.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5591 on: June 05, 2014, 09:17:24 am »

yes and yes

try not to roll crap in the future.
Words of wisdom. Questionable use, but wisdom.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5592 on: June 05, 2014, 09:40:53 am »

Heads up: After today, no posts till monday, unfortunately. I'll be out of state and driving most of the time, so I doubt I'll have time to get a post up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: June 05, 2014, 09:55:47 am »

I'll just have to put several turns' worth of experiments up at once after I get the next results.

Have fun being absent from your home state, and more relevantly doing whatever you're doing there.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: June 05, 2014, 10:44:18 am »

PARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 2205